Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go

Go down 
+2
The Enkindler
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go Empty
PostSubject: When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go   When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:26 pm

When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go Medicom+Kubrick+20th+Metal+Gear+Cyborg+Raiden+MGS4

Quote :
By now, you probably know the whole saga:

Kojima Productions works on a game called "Metal Gear Solid: Rising," which supposedly features a blend of fast action and stealth elements. It disappears for a while (a longwhile) and when it resurfaces, it's in development at Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish), the team Kojima personally selected to complete work on the project. Oh, and it has a new name, too- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

The "Solid" is probably gone to remind long-time MGS fans that this is nota legitimate entry in the legendary franchise. It's a spin-off; that has been made clear. Something else has been made plain, too; just check out Andriasang. After telling us Revengeancewill actually be playable at E3 this year, Platinum CEO Tetsuya Minami revealed the following-

"The stealth component is the first thing Platinum tossed out from the game when taking over the project."

Now, bear in mind that Kojima agreed to this, as his staff agreed that the high-octane action elements and stealth just didn't mix well. Therefore, you had two choices: let Kojima Productions finish it with both the action and the stealth, or give it to Platinum, who would remove the stealth entirely. Which would you have preferred, given the chance to choose?

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10535.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go   When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Brace yourself, massive shitposts are coming.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go   When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:37 pm

I trust Platinum Games, after the crazy ride they gave me with Bayonetta, I'm sure that they will give me another one with Revengeance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go   When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Why the hell would Raiden be stealthy anyway? He can throw giant robots over his shoulder like it's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go   When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 pm

TRF wrote:
Why the hell would Raiden be stealthy anyway? He can throw giant robots over his shoulder like it's no big deal.

This, badass cyborg ninja Raiden starring in a stealth game would make no sense after the shit he did in MGS4.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go   When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 am

I pretty laugh hard at the comments some people make. Heres a good one
Quote :
Now who thinks his old trailer that the REAL makers of Metal gear solid (Kojima Productions) is MUCH better than the revengence sonic styled devil may cry, i was upset with this but i said it doesnt look as bad but Platinum games made it 100x worse

IIxFaTeII 4 days ago
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go   When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Can we still use Kinect to chop melons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go   When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Platinum took over Rising, stealth was the first to go
Page 1 of 1