Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a warning to PS vita owners

Go down 
+2
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

a warning to PS vita owners Empty
PostSubject: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:39 pm

so 2 days ago i was at my desk playing persona 3 on my vita. i was just about to go all the way with yukari & finally go in her room & play cards.(witch is about as far as you can go) when i got a phone call. i sat my vita down on my desk & got up to get the phone. however i forgot to take my ear buds off & my vita ended up falling & hitting one of the metal legs on my computer chair. after i came back & picked up my vita, everything was fine. no cracks or anything. so i brushed it off & kept playing. 3 hours later i was on the first floor of Tartarus when i noticed that that the top of the screen had had a weird dark geenish shade of color. now, this is Tartarus so i didnt think much of it. but when i got back to the iwatodai dorm i could clearly see that that the top of the screen was dim & the color was off. i got scared & turned my vita off & went to bed hoping it would be normal in the morning.

i thought to myself "theres no fucking way it could of messed up that easy" i dropped my PSP3000 a shit load of times & it still worked. i even dropped it on concrete from an 8ft fence & the bastard still operated like a champ! my DS lite took some pretty nasty falls & it still worked. EVEN my gameboy advanced SP witch is cracked still works.

i awoke in the morning & the fist thing i did was turn on my vita. THE ENTIRE UPPER HALF OF THE SCREEN WAS THIS DIM GREEN COLOR. OHHH THE HORROR!!!!!!!! i broke down & punched my body pillow repeatedly. 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢

after i finished crying, i called up sony & told them the situation. its gonna cost me 130$ (S&H included) to get my vita fixed. im going to send it inthis week (maby next). :x :x

TL;DR: be very careful with your vita! dont think you can get away with a few falls like previous handhelds, because aperently a 3 and a half foot drop on to something solid will mess it up (probally the OLED screen)

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

a warning to PS vita owners R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Even if my Vita (which I still need to get) does fall, it wil land on my soft carpet.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

a warning to PS vita owners XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:38 pm

shigdig, you don't have a warranty?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:50 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
shigdig, you don't have a warranty?

i could of bought one on amazon when i purchased my vita, but i barely had enough money to buy my vita & golden abyss. a warning to PS vita owners 2590470549
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Yeahh... warranties usually don't cover things when it's your fault unfortunately. =\
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

a warning to PS vita owners ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:35 pm

It was probably just a bad fall. I doubt it's the actual PSVita that's the problem, it likely just fell in a very unfortunate way.

I had a friend who's PSP2000 stopped working completely after he dropped it on his sofa. It was just a 20cm drop, but it still killed the PSP. I dropped mine from the top of my bunk onto my hardwood floor several times and it still works the same as when I got it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

a warning to PS vita owners PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:17 pm

I take extra care of mine after what happened with my launch PSP :x . So I handle it like if it was a child Razz . Anyways, that's unfortunate. I thought it had a 1 year warranty from Sony? That's what electronics usually get and I also got another 2 year warranty when I bought it at Wal-Mart. 8)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:40 am

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
It was probably just a bad fall. I doubt it's the actual PSVita that's the problem, it likely just fell in a very unfortunate way.

I had a friend who's PSP2000 stopped working completely after he dropped it on his sofa. It was just a 20cm drop, but it still killed the PSP. I dropped mine from the top of my bunk onto my hardwood floor several times and it still works the same as when I got it.

Yah it's entirely down to the surface, the angle it hits against it, the way it bounces and all that.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Lykos wrote:

Yah it's entirely down to the surface, the angle it hits against it, the way it bounces and all that.

Unless it's an Apple product. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

a warning to PS vita owners ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:54 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Unless it's an Apple product. :fuckthat:

Apple products are no good before you by them. Breaking them could be considered an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a warning to PS vita owners   a warning to PS vita owners I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a warning to PS vita owners
Page 1 of 1