Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?

Go down 
+3
Orion
Mecha
Bluenose
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 10:45 pm

I'm thinking of buying one but all the talk about how the Vita is dead is really discouraging me. One of the major reasons I want to buy it is the Remote Play feature. Playing PS4 games miles away from my home sounds extremely awesome. So what are your thoughts? Do you regret getting the Vita or do you think it is still worth it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:13 pm

I'll be honest, I mostly use my Vita as a media device. All the gaming stuff feels like a bones to me. Which is not a bad thing, since the Vita kept me entertain for years. I'll say this, it's better to get a Vita now than it was before. Because there is a large variety of games now and they are cheaper than ever. In fact, this thread made me realize there is a lot of Vita games for a low-price. So I'm highly considering buying games on it again.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:34 pm

Mecha wrote:
I'll be honest, I mostly use my Vita as a media device. All the gaming stuff feels like a bones to me. Which is not a bad thing, since the Vita kept me entertain for years. I'll say this, it's better to get a Vita now than it was before. Because there is a large variety of games now and they are cheaper than ever. In fact, this thread made me realize there is a lot of Vita games for a low-price. So I'm highly considering buying games on it again.

Do you have the slim model or original model?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:37 pm

Original model. Like I said, I had my Vita for years. I would like to get a slim model though.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:40 am

If you can get it for cheap and don't mind not playing any games outside of remote play
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 2:10 pm

Eyyy, Lykos, Stigma, Padders, Angie, whatchya think?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 12:12 am

Teckno wrote:

Vita is the best way to play PSone games, by far. They look like shit on TV, but the Vita's small, crisp screen is great for them. I'd say it's worth it just as a SuperPSone. I like all the weeb games it gets, and some of the indies are good, but if you'rea mindless fraghead who only drinks overmilked garbage, you won't like it.

I've only used Remote Play on the same internet connection, and it's great. I wouldn't play fighting games online, but when testing it I just paused GTAV, went to the washroom, and continued almost seamlessly on my Vita. It's pretty awesome.

If you have PS+ anyways, and you've been stockpiling the Vita titles, you should have lots of fun stuff to play. Even Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is my favurite of the series in terms of gameplay (though Marissa Chase ruins it). If you can get a good deal on a Vita+MemCard, definitely take it. Got my gf's Vita for $150 in almost new condition with an 32gb included at a pawn shop, and she's been a hardcore weeb gamergirl ever since. She's two steps away from using #GamerGate.

I'd recommend it. If nothing else, it'll help satisfy your lolicon needs.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:18 am

Angelus wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Vita is the best way to play PSone games, by far.  They look like shit on TV, but the Vita's small, crisp screen is great for them.  I'd say it's worth it just as a SuperPSone.  I like all the weeb games it gets, and some of the indies are good, but if you'rea mindless fraghead who only drinks overmilked garbage, you won't like it.  

I've only used Remote Play on the same internet connection, and it's great.  I wouldn't play fighting games online, but when testing it I just paused GTAV, went to the washroom, and continued almost seamlessly on my Vita.  It's pretty awesome.  

If you have PS+ anyways, and you've been stockpiling the Vita titles, you should have lots of fun stuff to play.  Even Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is my favurite of the series in terms of gameplay (though Marissa Chase ruins it).  If you can get a good deal on a Vita+MemCard, definitely take it.  Got my gf's Vita for $150 in almost new condition with an 32gb included at a pawn shop, and she's been a hardcore weeb gamergirl ever since. She's two steps away from using #GamerGate.  

I'd recommend it.  If nothing else, it'll help satisfy your lolicon needs.

This much and also include psp titles on top.

Personally, I would avoid the vita memory card deals you see at major retailers like 4GB plus 4 downloadable games since they leave no room left for anything else you might want to download.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 5:24 am

Teckno don't listen they are ripping you off. It's not the PSP man, those glory days are dead. Run.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 10:18 am

Good info guys.

In regards to the memory cards, I don't think it will be much of a problem since I'll get most of my games as physical copies. Maybe get an 8gb for the save files and PS+ free downloads.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 10:23 am

Physical gaming FTW!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Yeah what Angie and Sugoi said. I have Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, and Tactics on the Vita. It has no first party support but it does get some good games from Japanese third parties if you're into those. It certainly satisfies a niche for me.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:14 am

Teckno wrote:
Good info guys.

In regards to the memory cards, I don't think it will be much of a problem since I'll get most of my games as physical copies. Maybe get an 8gb for the save files and PS+ free downloads.

Ah okay, you can prob get a bunch of launch titles pretty cheap now.

You gonna try to get an original model or the slim model?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:20 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Good info guys.

Ah okay, you can prob get a bunch of launch titles pretty cheap now.

You gonna try to get an original model or the slim model?

Most likely slim. I prefer better battery life over the arguably better looking OLED screen.

Unless you think the original model has advantages that outweigh the slim?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 2:42 am

Both have pros and cons. Slim has a smaller rear touch pad, front isn't full glass, longer battery life and 1gb of internal storage (disabled when memory card is inserted).
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Well, I'll be honest, it breaks my heart to see the vita getting such a low amount of AAA support.
As someone who was previously a fanboy of the 3DS, although the 3DS DOES have a better games library, it is at a ridiculous cost of terrible hardware, terrible control, terrible interface, terrible online, etc.

The Vita is dead now when it comes to AAA's but it isn't dead as a handheld. In fact I would highly recommend one.

For fans of weird Japanese games (Senran Kagura, Akiba's Trip, Atelier games, Dungeon Travelers, Hyperdimension Neptunia, YS: Memories of Celceta, Dragon's Crown, Toukiden, Sword Art Online, Disgaea, Freedom Wars, etc) it's fucking amazing. There is no shortage of JRPG's, weird anime sex games or Japanese warrior fighting games.

And there is a decent back-catalogue of AAA games to pick up, including the awesome Killzone: Mercenary, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Unit 13, Dead Or Alive, Gravity Rush, Ninja Gaiden Sigma & Sigma 2 Plus, Borderlands 2, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Tearaway, Littlebigplanet, Soul Sacrifice, Wipeout, World Rally Championship, Fifa, Street Fighter X Tekken, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom, J Stars, One Piece, (it's got a lot of fighting games), etc...which collectively will take you a while to get through.

Plus it has a load of remasters (Persona 4 Golden, Sly trilogy, Ratchet & Clank trilogy, God of War collection, Final Fantasy X & X2, Grim Fandango, Metal Gear collection, Jak N Daxter Trilogy, etc) which alone will give you hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Upcoming we have Resident Evil Revelations 2, Sword Art Online: Lost Song and Digimon Cyber Sleuth to look forward to (all being localized!!)
And even non-localized games can be played because it is region free!

Then after that you have backwards compatibility for PSP and PS1 games (at least all the games available on the store). So this itself is a massive advantage over the 3DS which only has shitty ds compatibility lol

The biggest differences between the two models are a toss up between an extra hour of battery or a gorgeous OLED screen.

So yeah I'd recommend providing you go in knowing what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 7:08 pm

In fact I'm actually a bit overwhelmed with my vita at the moment. I've already got 75-80 games because they're all so cheap on the store!! But I'm struggling to find the time to make my way through them all. So you can't really say it has no games..

I'm keep going back to Akiba's Trip, a 3D brawling game (with lots of stripping) which has a pretty large open world, and a pretty lengthy campaign.

I'm playing through Shinobido 2, a Tenchu-style ninja game, which is really damn cool, as I just unlocked a kind of gliding ability (a bit like the wingsuit in Batman Arkham or Prototype), and can't wait to unlock the bear-skin (literally you can play as a bear).

For the multiplayer itch I'm playing quite a lot of Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified (it's a very short and disappointing game but still fun) and of course the amazing Killzone Mercenary. Resistance's multiplayer's dead.

I'm nearly finished with God of War I, and I think about a third of the way through God of War II.

I'm also doing the occasional fights in Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars, plus Unit 13, and I'm playing a load of Fifa 15.

I started so many games that I never finished including Persona 4, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Gravity Rush, One Piece, Grim Fandango, etc. They're kinda left on the side for now.

Frankly, if you are an open minded gamer, there is a lot to enjoy on the Vita.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?   Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vita owners of G7, is it worth getting a PS Vita?
Page 1 of 1