Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well Empty
PostSubject: Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well   Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Quote :
Sony isn't sharing exact numbers, but Sony Computer Entertainment America VP of marketing, handhelds and home consoles John Koller teased that "almost all" PlayStation Vita owners are also PlayStation 3 owners. We were discussing the potential crossover between Vita and PS3 -- the obvious comparison to Nintendo's latest offering, the Wii U, and its tablet controller. The Vita and the PS3 are capable of producing similar functionality, and, if anything, with higher fidelity, as the Vita is a standalone console.

Koller says Sony invites the comparison. "We tell our PlayStation fans all the time that what the Wii U is offering is something that Vita and PS3 can do quite easily," he says. It's not just about the functionality, however, it's about whether implementing that functionality makes any sense. "It's dependent on the content. So we need to make sure the content isn't force fed. And, to us, making sure that the gamer receives the right type of experience is what's most important. So we're gonna pick our spots, but that technology does certainly exist here."

It wouldn't be hard to imagine Sony bundling the Vita and its new PS3 model together for holiday sales, pushing up against this holiday's Wii U launch. Koller says not just yet, though. "As we look at the lineup, there are gonna be some opportunities to do that. Whether we want to bundle the hardware together remains to be seen," he explains. It sounds like we'll be hearing more on that front in the future, as "retails asks for it all the time," Koller says. For now, however, he's happy knowing that the vast majority of Vita owners are already prepared for cross-functionality between the two consoles. "In the meantime, you look at the Vita consumer and a very high percentage -- almost all of them -- own a PS3. So you see that crossover works."
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/20/vita-ps3-crossover/?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well   Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:55 am

"We tell our PlayStation fans all the time that what the Wii U is offering is something that Vita and PS3 can do quite easily,"

Sony
wat r u doin
Sony
stahp
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well   Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:53 pm

This should make the fact that if you buy Playstation All Stars it will work on either system great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well   Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Well duh. I see it as a bad thing though. They're not reaching out to anyone beyond their loyal fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well   Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of PlayStation Vita Owners, 'Almost All' Own PlayStation 3 As Well
Page 1 of 1