Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!

Go down 
+7
Mikenuge
Stoney
Chobo
Hydell
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Fuck you, Bethesda.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Skyrim on PS3 :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Wow....

EDIT:

The explanation he gives is inaccurate.

The divided memory is not the source of the performance issues the PS3 version of Skyrim suffers. The PS3's GPU can fully access the CPU's XDR memory, giving it an estimated 512 MB to work with like the 360 (maybe slightly less due to memory footprint). The source of the performance issues is the lack of memory bandwidth, usually developers turn off AA or lower the resolution of alpha buffers to save on bandwidth. I can't exactly pinpoint why these problems are occuring in the PS3 version of Skyrim, but I can tell you that it's not patchable. They have to rework the engine code, and they can't do that if they already released the game to the public.

Last edited by The_Biotic_God on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm laughing so much at you people that bought this broken game....hahahahahahhaha.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Two memory pools...I guess this is one scenario where dual weilding doesn't work out. Lol
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Bethesda = LAZIEST DEV"S EVER!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Reaper wrote:
I'm laughing so much at you people that bought this broken game....hahahahahahhaha.
Enjoying your PS2 I take it?

chobo500 wrote:
Bethesda = LAZIEST DEV"S EVER!
I wouldn't say that, but it is quite scummy.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:02 pm

50 hours in on the 360 version and I haven't come across even a minor bug which is starting to scare me. Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! 725796345

But yeah, they definitely should have held back the PS3 version. I'd be raging if I knew I bought a game that has a unfixable bug that makes the game damn near unplayable.

Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Sounds like this game isnt even worth a pirate
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Why the fuck does Bestheda allow these kinda things to plague them in every game?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:00 pm

I'm so glad that I have it on PC(Yaaard), even though the PC version has it's own bugs.
And Bethesda only created more bugs with the Patches, like Dragons flying backwards and Flame Atronachs vunerable to fire spells.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:19 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKK YOU BETHESDA!!!!!

YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME NOW!!

Bethesda

Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! Jesus-Facepalm
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:50 pm

The PS3 version should have never been released. Advertising a 100+ hour experience but being unplayable after 40 hours is complete bullshit. Take the extra time to figure out the PS3 problems, it worked well for Oblivion.
But of course the publishing part of Bethesda would never let the PS3 version be delayed otherwise it would sell like shit.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:55 pm

ghost23 wrote:
The PS3 version should have never been released. Advertising a 100+ hour experience but being unplayable after 40 hours is complete bullshit. Take the extra time to figure out the PS3 problems, it worked well for Oblivion.
But of course the publishing part of Bethesda would never let the PS3 version be delayed otherwise it would sell like shit.

Oh my. I hate Bethesda so much right now. Greedy Bastards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:11 pm

TRF wrote:
Reaper wrote:
Enjoying your PS2 I take it?

Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! 6prnmb

Umad bro?

Last edited by Reaper on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:14 pm

^Again...I'm curious as to why you have a Confederate flag on your wall
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Because i believe in States rights to govern themselves without interferance from the Federal Government which was set up to assist the American states, not impose its will on them. The Confederacy had every right to secede from the Union, and the War that was started by the Union on the South was unconstitutional, Lincoln was a war criminal.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:32 pm

You're preaching to the choir. More power to ya brother.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Reaper wrote:
Because i believe in States rights to govern themselves without interferance from the Federal Government which was set up to assist the American states, not impose its will on them. The Confederacy had every right to secede from the Union, and the War that was started by the Union on the South was unconstitutional, Lincoln was a war criminal.

Awwh, I was truly hoping you would say "white power", something a little more controversial.

@ TRF, The Thalmor are cunts.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:54 pm

TRF wrote:
Reaper wrote:
Yes, but the Empire's peace treaty with the Aldmeri Dominion is preventing total annihilation of Tamriel by the Thalmor. Ulfric Stormcloak doesn't seem to realize that outlawing Talos worship was necessary to keep safety in the provinces. He really only cares about himself and his own kind, and doesn't care about other races as displayed by his treatment of Dunmer in Windhelm.

That's obviously what you were getting at, correct?

American history in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Duke wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Oh my. I hate Bethesda so much right now. Greedy Bastards.

They are no different to any other publisher in the industry or any other business in the world.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:16 pm

True Ghost but i dont know of many publishers that would know of such a game crippling bug yet release the game anyway...thats just bad business. This WILL affect them in future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!   Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim PS3 Owners Rejoice!
Page 1 of 1