Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]

Go down 
+12
Hydell
ArchAngel
Jack the Spectre
Based Sonji
Pein
igame
Orc
Stigma
Bluenose
Archduke
Stoney
The_Biotic_God
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
@DukeNukem43

The older titles won't come. Why waste development efforts porting 2 year old games when you can just make a new L4D to maximize profits.

You are trying to undermine every one of MS's franchises. Fable is a good franchise, nothing more. Who cares if the developer hypes it up. What developer doesn't hype up their own game? Halo has been around for 10 years, while Gran Turismo and Metal Gear have been around for much, much longer. There is no reason why they can't continue the Halo and Gears of War franchises next gen. And don't even try to compare Halo to COD. COD games release yearly and have barely any updates to them. Ignoring the fact that each full Halo game comes out once every 3 years, they also use a new graphics engine and have completely different gameplay. Reach plays nothing like Halo 2, for example. Having a prequel be the last Halo game in the series doesn't make much sense. And up until now every Halo game has been developed by the same developer, rendering your comment about "multiple developers" completely wrong. Even the newest Halo studio that is going to take Bungie's place are comprised of people that had experience from making Halo CE. This is no Treyarch or Sledgehammer.

"Halo is kiddy as hell." Sure it is. :\ Stop with the ignorant halo hate. I wish for once Halo haters had something clever to say.

Halo still needs to die. Get over it.

Nice, when I've destroyed all of your points I gues the only thing you can do is troll hard The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 725796345 The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 457301478.

Back on topic though. I think my Rant series will be a great success.

I shall develop a counter-rant series which will rant on your rants.

Epic win.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:40 pm

[quote="Hypnotoad"][quote="Sovereign Alan"]
DukemNukem43 wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
@DukeNukem43

The older titles won't come. Why waste development efforts porting 2 year old games when you can just make a new L4D to maximize profits.

You are trying to undermine every one of MS's franchises. Fable is a good franchise, nothing more. Who cares if the developer hypes it up. What developer doesn't hype up their own game? Halo has been around for 10 years, while Gran Turismo and Metal Gear have been around for much, much longer. There is no reason why they can't continue the Halo and Gears of War franchises next gen. And don't even try to compare Halo to COD. COD games release yearly and have barely any updates to them. Ignoring the fact that each full Halo game comes out once every 3 years, they also use a new graphics engine and have completely different gameplay. Reach plays nothing like Halo 2, for example. Having a prequel be the last Halo game in the series doesn't make much sense. And up until now every Halo game has been developed by the same developer, rendering your comment about "multiple developers" completely wrong. Even the newest Halo studio that is going to take Bungie's place are comprised of people that had experience from making Halo CE. This is no Treyarch or Sledgehammer.

"Halo is kiddy as hell." Sure it is. :\ Stop with the ignorant halo hate. I wish for once Halo haters had something clever to say.

Halo still needs to die. Get over it.

Nice, when I've destroyed all of your points I gues the only thing you can do is troll hard The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 725796345 The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 457301478.

You didn't destroy any of my points, dumb troll.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:40 pm

@ Sonji

Looking forward to it. I can't wait for your response on my Uncharted rant. It will be an epic fail.

@ DukeNukem43

I butt-fucked all of your points. Your arguement now reek of anal sex. Seriously, that wasn't even a debate.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
@ Sonji

Looking forward to it. I can't wait for your response on my Uncharted rant. It will be an epic fail.

@ DukeNukem43

I butt-fucked all of your points. Your arguement now reek of anal sex. Seriously, that wasn't even a debate.

Who the fuck cares. I wasn't even trying

GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW!
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:46 pm

I'll make the Uncharted rant next week when I have free time.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
I'll make the Uncharted rant next week when I have free time.

oh, how DARE you? Sad Sad Sad Sad The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 1443829230 The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 1443829230 The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 1443829230
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:51 pm

LMAO, this will be awesome.

I did the Microsoft one first because everyone loves to hate on them. Now it's going to get interesting (unlike Uncharted).
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:05 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Uncharted 3 SHITS all over those games GOTY 2011.

Ok. It won't win game of the year. However, UC3 will be get a high AAA score and so will The Last Guardian!

Uncharted is the Twilight of gaming.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:07 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:
Uncharted 3 SHITS all over those games GOTY 2011.

Ok. It won't win game of the year. However, UC3 will be get a high AAA score and so will The Last Guardian!

Uncharted is the Twilight of gaming.

LOL Yea that's the best way to describe it. Except UC is still a good game, unlike Twilight which is a cheesy movie.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:43 pm

I would say that Call of Duty is the Twilight of gaming. Uncharted is as much the Twilight of gaming as Gears of War or Halo.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Great Rant Alan. Microsoft Does have a lot of great IPs that would make them millions, but they just don't use them nor do they try to aquire new 1st party studios to make more new IPs or expand on their older ones. Here's my prediction on why they don't. At the start of the Xbox brand, MS made a smart move by acquiring Rare ( whom made some of the best n64 games), but it bit them in the butt because once rare was acquired, they had a long string of flops. And I think that's what MS is worried about. will this dev make us money, or make flops that will cause us to lose more money. MS is just scared that the whole Rare incident will repeat itself. Not sure if any of this is right or not or if it make's sense to anyone else, but that's my take.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:21 pm

TRF wrote:
I would say that Call of Duty is the Twilight of gaming. Uncharted is as much the Twilight of gaming as Gears of War or Halo.

Gears of War never won GOTY. The first Halo won GOTY but that was because it over-exceeded peoples expectations as a console shooter. Uncharted 2 is a good game, and I feel bad about putting it down. BUT it REALLY isn't GOTY worthy at all. I mean, atleast Halo and Gears contributed to the genre.

@ Chobo.

Yea that might be it too. But in this industry you got to take risks to make more money in the long run. Timed exclusives will get them a quick buck but it's the iconic IP-owned games that will sell the console.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
TRF wrote:

Gears of War never won GOTY. The first Halo won GOTY but that was because it over-exceeded peoples expectations as a console shooter. Uncharted 2 is a good game, and I feel bad about putting it down. BUT it REALLY isn't GOTY worthy at all. I mean, atleast Halo and Gears contributed to the genre.

@ Chobo.

Yea that might be it too. But in this industry you got to take risks to make more money in the long run. Timed exclusives will get them a quick buck but it's the iconic IP-owned games that will sell the console.
Gears of War won the AIAS Game of the Year Award in 2006. On top of that, the series has been praised out the ass. Gears of War has a 94 on Metacritic for 360, 87 for PC, and Gears of War 2 has a 93 on Metacritic.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:42 pm

TRF wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
TRF wrote:

@ Chobo.

Gears of War won the AIAS Game of the Year Award in 2006. On top of that, the series has been praised out the ass. Gears of War has a 94 on Metacritic for 360, 87 for PC, and Gears of War 2 has a 93 on Metacritic.

Yes, but compare that to the 100+ GOTY awards and the 96 metacritic score for UC2. It is quite overrated. And just remember that the basic stop-and-pop and the cover system in UC were modeled after the original Gears of War. The original Gears of War didn't get GOTY from the VGAs and Oblivion beat it by a longshot in terms of awards.

While you may disagree about the praise that Gears of War got, it's no where near as far-fetched as UC2's. Everything about the gameplay is pretty bare bones and shallow. Whether it be the weapons, enemy AI models, or just the general super-scripted-on-rails feel of the game.

I don't think UC is the "twilight" of gaming, because it is still quite good. It's just not above and beyond the stratosphere of other games. It's pretty much this generations least deserving GOTY right next to 2008's GOTY which was GTA4.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Umm Zeratul, how does any of those facts make you happier as a GAMER? Not as a Microsoft lawyer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:22 am

Teckno wrote:
Umm Zeratul, how does any of those facts make you happier as a GAMER? Not as a Microsoft lawyer.

lol, was thinking the same thing.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:20 pm

My post wasnt directed right at alan, but to people saying MS are dumb ect.
It was more of a rant of mine.Lol I knew my post would get alot of critisism
@Teckno
Because I know ill be getting games that I want every year, not 20 sequels in one year.I cant afford those.....

I find that Xbox has a pretty good line up so far for 2011.I mean, its only early march and many more titles could be on their way and revelaed on at e3.I have abosulutly no idea why you guys bitch about xbox's title line up.Just because xbox doesnt have as big of a line up this year as sony does doesnt make it bad.

Heck, Zelda alone makes wii's lineup this year the best.....
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Zeratul wrote:
@Teckno
Because I know ill be getting games that I want every year, not 20 sequels in one year.I cant afford those.....

I find that Xbox has a pretty good line up so far for 2011.I mean, its only early march and many more titles could be on their way and revelaed on at e3.I have abosulutly no idea why you guys bitch about xbox's title line up.Just because xbox doesnt have as big of a line up this year as sony does doesnt make it bad.

MS's line up so far sucks massive cock. X11 is when they announce all their wicked shit and they didn't announce jack shit. All MS has is Gears 3 and Forza 4 this year. If you think that line-up is even semi-good, you are a massive, massive fanboy. Also, just because MS has an affordable amount of games this year doesn't mean the line-up is any good.

MS is pretty stupid. Sure, it's selling but they have made some HORRENDOUS business decisions.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Quote :
MS's line up so far sucks massive cock.
When do they not?

The 360 itself has very few good games.

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Zeratul wrote:
@Teckno

That sentence is full of win. Legend of Zelda Owns

The rest of the post is fail. The 360 has not got any quality games at all so far in 2011.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:48 pm

@Ihsahn

They've had a decent line-up pretty much every year until this one. Hell even 2009 wasn't that bad.

@DukemNukem

I wouldn't say NO quality games. Just not enough.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Meh, none of the exclusives on the 360 appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
@Ihsahn

They've had a decent line-up pretty much every year until this one. Hell even 2009 wasn't that bad.

@DukemNukem

2009 wasn't that bad? It was horrible! The were only two exclusives I can think of: ODST and Forza 3. Of those two, one of them was a piece of trash. Then we've got other "classics" like Section 8 (which is now multiplat) and Darkest of Days.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Its kinda like MS are being like a big movie studio, they buy up all these scripts for films then do.......nothing with them.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:44 pm

TRF wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
@Ihsahn

@DukemNukem

2009 wasn't that bad? It was horrible! The were only two exclusives I can think of: ODST and Forza 3. Of those two, one of them was a piece of trash. Then we've got other "classics" like Section 8 (which is now multiplat) and Darkest of Days.

ODST, Forza Motorsport 3, Halo Wars, L4D2, and there is another one that slipped my mind..

I never said 2009 was the year of the 360. I just said it was relatively decent compared to the current line-up the 360 has this year. 2009 was the worst year for 360, but that may be topped by 2011 if Gears 3 and Forza 4 are the only exclusives set to release this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]    The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rant: Microsoft [Episode 1]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next