Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rant (Crysis 2)

Go down 
+4
ghost23
Stigma
Orc
Stoney
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Oh the A.I, my God . . . . . .

The A.I is dreadful, I literally had to enemies running around in circles while I was just standing there looking at them, so I shot one, killed him, then his comrade walks over to his dead body and proceeds to ask "Are you hit?"

Rant (Crysis 2) 1443829230

Another scenario where the A.I get's on my nerves is when you are cloaked. Picture this, I'm on a rooftop, Sniper Rifle equipped with a Silencer, I take out one guy from 200 yards away and the other dude standing next to him, LOOKS EXACTLY WHERE I'M STANDING AND STARTS SHOOTING ME!

HOW THE FUCK DID HE KNOW EXACTLY WHERE I WAS?

It's like in Far Cry 2, you shoot someone and his friend from ALLLLLLLLLLL the way across the other side of the map can somehow see you hiding in a bush and proceeds to blow you away.

I'm convinced Crytek fitted all the enemy A.I with Eagle vision. It's absolutely BULLSHIT. Oh and if you get caught, and you will, the cloak is USELESS, the enemys just keep on respawing over and over again.

I'm soooooooooo happy I didn't cave in and buy it, just a rent. I heard the second half picks up . . . . . . . . it fucking better.

So far this game get's a 4/10, with only the graphics saving it from being a piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:39 pm

lol I heard InFamous has the exact same problem with enemies with eagle vision.
(I've not playedi t though)

But yeah...I mean AI isn't everything man. I mean if the mechanics are tight I don't see how you can say it's 4/10. Because by giving it 4/10 you are ranking it below some of the shittiest games ever.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Lykos wrote:

But yeah...I mean AI isn't everything man. I mean if the mechanics are tight I don't see how you can say it's 4/10. Because by giving it 4/10 you are ranking it below some of the shittiest games ever.

Yeah you're so freaking right about that. Fuckers in inFamous will be shooting you from a mile away.

Crysis 2 does kinda suck though. The campaign is good, but the AI is freaking horrible. The multiplayer is just a wreck though. It's unbalanced, maps are too small, really chaotic.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:38 pm

I've heard that the reason that the AI is so dumb in Crysis 2 is because for the console versions, in order to save memory the developers turn off some of the AI at certain points in order for the consoles to run all those great visuals. It's supposed to turn back on when they are needed in gameplay situations but I guess that they didnt get it to work properly.

Don't know if its true, just heard it from the guy who reviewed it at IGN
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:44 am

I'm into the second half of the game and it's getting much better. I heard the first half is "slow" from various websites. . . . . . .

They should have replaced "slow" with "incredibly dull".
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rant (Crysis 2) XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:54 am

Lykos wrote:
Yeah, the enemies have eagle eye. Even worse, Cole is a bullet magnet so you'll be taking damage out of nowhere and you won't know where it's from so you'll be running around, scrambling for cover.

Didn't stop me from loving the game though. It made it more challenging, but on the downside you couldn't just glide around peacefully.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Rant (Crysis 2) 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:32 am

TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Yeah, the enemies have eagle eye. Even worse, Cole is a bullet magnet so you'll be taking damage out of nowhere and you won't know where it's from so you'll be running around, scrambling for cover.

Didn't stop me from loving the game though. It made it more challenging, but on the downside you couldn't just glide around peacefully.

hopefully this will be fixed in infamous 2
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rant (Crysis 2) XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:11 am

It probably will since a lot of people complained about that. Remember, Sucker Punch changed Cole's look because of community feedback, so they're obviously going to listen about complaints over more important things like the AI and bullet magnetism.

But let's get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Reminds me of infamous.The enemies always fucking found where I was and had super accuracy.Thats right, drugged up gangsters(reapers) with AK-47's are able to hit me from a very long distance.Half the time I had no idea who was shooting me.Its like no matter where I am some dude from a 100 yards away see's me.Not to mention you can die easily on easy.....

Haha didnt crytek say before that Crysis 2 will have the best AI ever?

My biggest complaint from what ive seen of Crysis 2 is that the aliens look so generic.Its like they got their alien disigns from a crappy hollywood alien invasion movie.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:27 pm

I liked the aliens. They're like octopuses with armor.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:28 pm

OK now im officially pissed off at this game. I was saving up my nano-catalyst for one of the bigger upgrades, but theres a particular point in the game where shit really goes down and they fucking stripped all my nano-catalyst away from me. WTF i had like 6000 and its all gone.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:55 am

ghost23 wrote:
I've heard that the reason that the AI is so dumb in Crysis 2 is because for the console versions, in order to save memory the developers turn off some of the AI at certain points in order for the consoles to run all those great visuals. It's supposed to turn back on when they are needed in gameplay situations but I guess that they didnt get it to work properly.

Don't know if its true, just heard it from the guy who reviewed it at IGN

I saw a video in the first game where an enemy soldier watches as his comrade gets sniped.

His reaction: nothing.

So I don't think it's the consoles.

Also this game is one of the shittiest I've played.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rant (Crysis 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant (Crysis 2)   Rant (Crysis 2) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rant (Crysis 2)
Page 1 of 1