Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time

Go down 
+11
Pein
Based Sonji
Blixtstorm
Dam_Noir
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
2Sugoi2Die
Stigma
RamboOnRedBull
NoelX2
Orc
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:22 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Lykos, Gameboy SHITS ALL OVER PSP. The Pokemon games are just gold. Many great sidescrollers and RPG's. (Golden Sun, Final fantasy, etc) PSP never had any amazing, revolutionary games released on it.
:megusta:, This.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
I suggest you refer back to the first page. I already stated my views on the diversity of the games my boy.

Views not facts. Saying that 90% of the DS games are isometric is the biggest bullshit i've ever heard and the GBA still has a superior library in numbers.

Bro they are observations.
It is a fact that gameboy has more games (but not if you include hacked psp) but it is not a fact that they are better.
It is a fact that the vast majority are top down or side scrollers though.
And so the gameplay variety isn't that great. Trust me, I owned a gameboy and I've played hundreds of its games. There are only a handful of first person games and they generally were pretty bad. (Duke Nukem, Nightfire and I think there were others).
I mean really you have a pretty limited experience.
Psp has less overall but let's face it, over 500 games to choose from, each completely unique, that is probably the better option.
Otherwise why would you move onto xbox 360 if sidescrollers and top down games still entertained you?
I moved on because the gameplay is more varied and generally of a higher quality. Psp retains these aspects.

Wow.......PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 1443829230
Are you really saying that just because most games are sidescroller (which means sense since its older then the psp) Means it has the same gameplay? Bullshit. In fact the gameboy has far more addicting games and seriously its like saying that the first zelda sucks because it doesn't look like fucking killzone 3. Why would i move to the 360? I didn't move to the 360 you retard i play both 360 and GBA. PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 457301478 Seriously you are the biggest retard ever if you think 3d games are better then sidescrollers because quality of a game is based on the addictingness and the developers making the game. Hell i'd even prefer the mario & luigi rpg's over any handheld RPG despite its graphics.

Typical fail debate. Person twists words because it is impossible to confront the point made without it being altered in some way. I did not say every game has the "same gameplay". I said the variety is not great. A modern day equivalent would be something like a hundred Gears of War rip offs, a hundred halo rip offs and a hundred god of war rip offs with a different colour scheme/theme, different weapons and different storyline. The core gameplay style is effectively very similar.
That is the problem.
And okay, so you still play the GBA. My bad for making assumptions.
And did I say 3D = quality?
Yet again, twisting my words. Or misinterpreting perhaps.
I will say what I want to say in a more comprehensible fashion.
Psp is newer. There has been years and years of progression between the gba and psp. Okay it is subjective whether a person calls this improvement or not but hey, game developers strive to improve upon previous efforts. Plus there are still many old-fashioned style psp games, including ports of classic titles. So generally it can be assumed that the quality of the best psp games is higher than that of the best gba games.
Not fact, just saying that it is logical.
Also, I am not saying that gba games are all the same. I repeat, I am not saying that gba games are all the same.
But honestly, as you probably know, 3D titles are massively different to 2D titles. And psp has many of both these styles of games. In fact 3D titles can involve a greater sense of immersion, therefore opening up to a massive gamer audience that gba can barely reach out to.
Gba can be considered being the best handheld for its time but really in this day and age it is just lacking in so many aspects.
Now I just realised I didn't call you a retard at all in this, unlike you. So I will make up for it now:
RETARD
RETARD
RETARD
Razz

...what happened to the days where we trolled on WOA as one? Sad

Basicly you say the PSP is better because its newer.....NO SHIT. Then i can just easily say the the GBA is better because it has a nostaligia feeling towards it. You say the gameboy doesn't have variety? Hell all i've seen on the PSP are inferior console ports and JRPG's nobody ever heard about besides kingdom hearts and final fantasy.
The fact is that the GBA still has a superior line-up whenever you like it or not. Whenever its 3D or not. I've seen massive tons of variety within 2D games. You are just making up excuses because the GBA has a 2 times wider game library.

P.S c´mon you are still mah buddy. But nobody attacks mai GAMEBOY 😡
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:28 pm

DS is better than the gameboy ever was.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:36 am

lol you can bring up titles if you like, you can claim how amazing every pokemon game is but at the end of the day the gba is limited.

Let's make this more vivid

Music games on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Patapon_image
Strategy games on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 8005415aaa
RPG/Adventure games on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Playstation-premier-ffvii-crisis-core-images-20070717080447050_640w
RPGs on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Breath-of-fire-iii-20051128011557720_640w
Tactical shooters on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Killzone-liberation-20061016062622126-000
FPS's on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Medal-of-honor-heroes-20061006021035181
Third person shooters on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Syphon-filter-dark-mirror-20060310103620057-000
Platformers on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Crash-of-the-Titans-2
Racing games on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Psp_burnout
Sandbox games on psp
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Gta-screen-11

NOW

strategy games gba
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Gadget-Trial-10
Adventure games gba
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Yoshi_790screen003
Action/RPGs gba
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 051104_zelda-minish_ss-04
RPG's gba
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Final_fantasy_tactics_advance-173440-2
FPS gba
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 _-007-NightFire-GBA-_
TPS gba
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Jamesbond_102203_10_640w
Platformers gba
Very Happy-nightmare-in-dream-land-20041109050103690-000.jpg" border="0" alt=""/>
racing games gba
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Atv_quad_power_racing-165637-1
sandbox games gba
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 Gta_gba_05

As it is you can see less diversity in the gba's library. But the ones that actually are in 3D on gba turned out to be pretty bad.

And this is a problem because 3D gaming took gaming to a whole new level-gave it realism, made it more engrossing and opened up many more gameplay possibilities that wouldn't have been possible with 3D.
When gba developers attempted to make 3D games, they ended up falling short, not just in graphics but animation and smoothness and of course realism.
You can argue that gba had great titles ... but only within that league. you can go back and play them for nostalgia and yes some titles were indeed fun. But if neither system had ever been released till now, with both their full game libraries.... gba would look shameful compared to psp. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:17 am

Better to have great 2D games and a handful of 3D games that don't work as opposed to having almost a whole library of 3D games that don't work and just a handful of 2D that do.

GBA may have less diversity, but most of the games are better, and I think most people would agree on that. PSP's control scheme makes it one of the lesser handhelds in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:14 am

LMAO
3D games that don't work?
xD One of the funnier things you've said.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:23 am

OH MY GOD MEDAL OF HONOR HEROES! Ok, PSP's one good game... dude when I had a PSP and 2 of my friends had PSP's we would sit at church and play lan multiplayer matches with bots XD
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:23 am

Lykos wrote:
LMAO
3D games that don't work?
xD One of the funnier things you've said.
Yeah, because we all know that the PSP is renowned for having great controls. :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:59 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
OH MY GOD MEDAL OF HONOR HEROES! Ok, PSP's one good game... dude when I had a PSP and 2 of my friends had PSP's we would sit at church and play lan multiplayer matches with bots XD

That game's not even that great.
There are loads of games better than it Razz
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:44 am

Lykos wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

That game's not even that great.
There are loads of games better than it Razz

Never. Don't ruin this nostalgia for me.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:52 am

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Lol I prefer 2D over 3D all day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3