Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time

Go down 
+11
Pein
Based Sonji
Blixtstorm
Dam_Noir
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
2Sugoi2Die
Stigma
RamboOnRedBull
NoelX2
Orc
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Empty
PostSubject: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Ever since its release and even today it has been among the most heavily criticized game systems ever. I personally think that none of these criticisms are well placed or well deserved. And now I am going to say WHY.

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Psp-ds

GAEMZ -

This is where people have double standards. They claim psp games are not good because they are "watered down ps2 titles" but those same people worship ds titles that are so stripped down from the console version that they adopt a top-down or isometric perspective.
Now I can see both sides of the argument - I can see that people like the way the ds offers a unique experience. But I don't really see why a handheld system should be a whole new system, I would rather it be a worthy alternative to home consoles, to bring the home experience in your pocket. Sure, a slight lack in graphics and a bit less content but it's a pretty impressive handheld nonetheless.

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Syphon-filter-dark-mirror-20060203063226054-000PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Lock_screen

CONTROLOLOLOL -

Okay, some games really needed a second analog stick... but do you really prefer having to manouvre a stylus to control your character? I just think PSP dominated in control for a handheld as it offered both control pad and analog stick whereas ds had just a control pad and...well.. a touch screen which is ideal for some titles but not the hardcore games.
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Joysens
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Nint_ds_1

GIMMICKS...GIMMICKS...GIMMICKS -

Sorry but the nintendo ds is in my eyes extremely gimmicky. I appreciate that there are a lot of good titles but not nearly as many as psp (I'll go more into this afterwards), and the vast majority are ones that attempt to utilize the touch screen and microphone and random features of the ds, rather than offer an engaging gameplay experience. Psp, well aside from the camera, does not really have those kinds of features and so the games are generally aimed at the core gamers.
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Girl-playing-ds-ubisoftPSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Icon26d
.serious business
NO GAEMZ -

I'm taking another potshot at the ds here. Why is it that 90%+ of nintendo ds titles are top down or isometric? I have no problem with playing these kinds of games but after a while they just get dull. And that is the problem, you can call these ds games quality titles because a lot of them are... but if you wanted to spend a whole day gaming on ds you would get bored fast.
Playstation Portable has quite a few of these kinds of games too but also hundreds of immersive, 3D titles too. (INb4 people calling me a graphics whore, I am not talking about graphics here, just general game variety. 3D games are a lot different to 2D games and offer a different experience).
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time 1300175371_115628007_5-PSP-GAMES-ISO-CSO-Melaka
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Buena-little-mermaid-ariels-undersea-adventure-nds

TEH VALUEZ -

Okay, one of the biggest criticisms of the system is the price. But then again you have to keep in mind the kind of features it had out of the box at it's initial release. Large high definition screen, internet access, ps2 standard games, music playing, photo storage, video player and so on. Compare this to the ds which at launch had well... ps1 standard games (which is still kind of the case now) and pictochat. :S
You gotta cut Sony some slack, psp was pretty revolutionary for a handheld gaming system.
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Psp-minis-collage
Also now Sony have the psp minis, cheap iphone-style games available for a pretty reasonable price to download. Also psp essentials which are games you can buy in new condition for just £9.99 (I think there is also a 7.99 version bu I might be wrong). Really, that is a great deal because these aren't just your average games, these are massive awesome titles like Monster Hunter, Killzone, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Syphon Filter, Grand Theft Auto and so on.
So while 1st party nintendo titles high prices linger even towards the end of the system's life, psp ones are brought down in price.
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Essentials-psp-004_0900336880

So yeah, just want to say ds is a great handheld but I think playstation portable offers the best gaming experience as a whole. I have played around or over 400 psp games in my time with it. Yeah quite a few were shit but the vast majority were at least decent. So yeah, COME AT ME BRO
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Chili+con+carnage+www.igizmore.blogspot.com
haters gunna hate
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:15 pm

TEH BEST IS TEH GAMEBOYZ AND TEH NEO GEOZ POCKETZ COLOR!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:17 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

yeah... so true... eye roll
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Lykos wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

yeah... so true... eye roll
Lol I kidd.
My bro got one. I never got to play it. And then he gave it away.
But I have to agree, it is the best portable system ever. Tons of games. You know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:30 pm

I guess :S

But I think that psp is better than any handheld before it due to its variety. Okay, a smaller roster of games but still large and with loads of different kinds.

Plus this is cheating a bit which is why I didn't mention it but playstation portable, when hacked can run pretty much any Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, NES, SNES, Playstation Portable game and loads of other systems I can't quite remember.
Hell some N64 games work on it to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:59 pm

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time A1_bmp10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Wait........is PSV backwards compatible with PSP games?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:38 pm

TBH the best DS titles don't use the touch screen or don't require much use of it. A lot of games like pokemon just use it for quicker menu navigation. I've always seen the DS as a portable SNES and the PSP as a portable, although weaker, PS2.

I think the main edge the DS has above the PSP is that it has a longer battery life and is more convenient. The PSP is a fucking fingerprint magnet and I'm wiping it clean every time I start a game. Neither has a good online but DSiware titles are fucking shit.

In terms of games I think they're both pretty even. At this point to me it's just a matter of what's better. Persona 2 Portable or Devil Survivor 2.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

LOL thank you

BlackStigma wrote:
TBH the best DS titles don't use the touch screen or don't require much use of it. A lot of games like pokemon just use it for quicker menu navigation. I've always seen the DS as a portable SNES and the PSP as a portable, although weaker, PS2.

I think the main edge the DS has above the PSP is that it has a longer battery life and is more convenient. The PSP is a fucking fingerprint magnet and I'm wiping it clean every time I start a game. Neither has a good online but DSiware titles are fucking shit.

In terms of games I think they're both pretty even. At this point to me it's just a matter of what's better. Persona 2 Portable or Devil Survivor 2.

Good points though I still stand by what I said about too many ds games are of the same style.
But yeah I guess they do both have advantages and disadvantages.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:09 pm

One sided much? lol
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:24 am

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

LOL thank you

U JELLY BRO? LOL

DS wins cause Pokemon is awesome.

But in terms of PSV vs 3DS, PSV shits all over it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:57 am

Padders wrote:
One sided much? lol

This isn't a straight up versus. This is just my perspective on why psp is so awesome.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Lykos wrote:
Padders wrote:
One sided much? lol

This isn't a straight up versus. This is just my perspective on why psp is so awesome.

PSP sucks bro. I had for 2 years now and played only like 10 games cause it SUCKS!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:18 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:

played only like 10 games
PLAYED ONLY LIKE 10 GAMES

Surprised
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the PSP. It's kinda lousy, with the one analog stick that destroys your thumb joints.

I'm much more excited for the PSV.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 pm

TRF wrote:
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the PSP. It's kinda lousy, with the one analog stick that destroys your thumb joints.

I'm much more excited for the PSV.

...I have played psp more or less every day for 6 years.
Why is it my thumb joint is fine?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Because you're probably used to your thumb joint being hooked. PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time 725796345

The nub is so uncomfortable. I think I compared it to sticking your dick into that chick from Teeth?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:13 pm

TRF wrote:
Because you're probably used to your thumb joint being hooked. PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time 725796345

The nub is so uncomfortable. I think I compared it to sticking your dick into that chick from Teeth?

I play guitar... I'm used to my thumb being pressed flat against the back of the fretboard.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:22 am

I only ever bought Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection for my PSP but i've played countless games on it thanks to Homebrew firmware. That's what made the PSP so good for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:28 am

^
Ah yes. PSP itself is better than any handheld I can think of (well until PSV and 3DS get more games).
But hacked psp makes it better than most consoles! XD
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:44 am

The original Gameboy! or the pocket.. That is before handheld games became bad.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:39 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
The original Gameboy! or the pocket.. That is before handheld games became bad.

Despite the fact that psp is better :yuno:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:37 am

PSP can't even come close to touching any of the Nintendo handhelds.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:41 am

TRF wrote:
PSP can't even come close to touching any of the Nintendo handhelds.

:lie:
Make a statement.
Treat it as fact despite lack of reason.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:58 am

Nintendo's handhelds have much better games and just more games in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next