Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games   Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Okay, I admit my experience with the Nintendo DS is limited and so my top 10 will have a limited about of DS games, but feel free to post your own top 10's.

BACKSTAB [Android/Iphone/Xperia]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Mzl.iwbryati.320x480-75

I couldn't believe my own eyes as I launched Backstab for the first time. It was everything Assassins Creed Bloodlines failed to be, and a lot more! The graphics are stellar, the voice acting is solid, the world is not only vast but varied and gorgeous. The combat is enjoyable, the platforming is great and while the story isn't particularly original, its compelling enough to justify completion... it all comes to a neat package and is actually one of the most impressive handheld games to date.

GRAND THEFT AUTO LIBERTY CITY STORIES [PSP]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Lib+4

It was not only the most mindbogglingly awesome handheld game at the time, but to this day it is my favourite grand theft auto game to date. With the most likeable GTA protagonist, a dark crime-infested world that actually changes as you progress and an interesting narrative... I've poured out so many hours into this game that it's hard to believe.
Furthermore the multiplayer is addictive as hell!

POKEMON [DS]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Gsremake004

Lets face it. It doesn't matter how much the series evolves, pokemon games are always fun and always have been. It doesn't matter which game either, Pokemon is just a title that gets every gamer wet and it would be stupid to not give it a place on this list.

LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME [3DS]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games The-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-20110617044701165

They did the inconceivable. They took arguably one of the best games of all time and made it even better! I don't really have to say much because by now if you don't know what this game is like, you aren't a true gamer. Simple as that.

FINAL FANTASY CRISIS CORE [PSP]

I feel somewhat hypocritical saying I love this game considering for ages I was convinced it sucked. But once I got into the game and got the hang of things, I discovered how stunning its visuals are, how beautiful its soundtrack is, how excellent the characters are, how tight and enjoyable combat is, and damn the story tugs on your heartstrings, particularly in the finale. There is also so much content. I can't emphasise enough how much I have fallen in love with this game.
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Crisis_Core_Final_Fantasy_VII_Zack_and_Cloud

BROKEN SWORD: SHADOW OF THE TEMPLARS [DS/IPHONE]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Broken_Sword_game_431

Perhaps one of the best adventure games ever made, certainly one of my favourites, came to these handhelds and not only allowed old fans to revisit old locations and discover new ones, but gave gamers new to the franchise a chance to get into it. Although the DS version is flawed due to the lack of voice acting, which I must mention is second to none, the iphone version still has it, and I can't allow anyone to pass up on this great experience.

MARIOKART 7 [3DS]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games 618w_gaming_mario_kart_7_01

Believe me, I didn't want to put a racing game on my top 10 but hell, Mariokarts made its mark on the gaming industry and is recognised as one of the most fun games to play in terms of multiplayer at least. Having played every game in the series, I can firmly say that 7 is the best one by far. They've stripped out useless elements, kept the best bits and brought in some new features that mix up the gameplay to the point that it feels fresh and exciting yet doesn't spoil the gameplay we know and love.

LITTLEBIGPLANET [PSP]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Littlebigplanet-psp-20090723110605029

Let's not be naive, LBP isn't just for kids. It's an extremely entertaining game that truly allows you to flex your creativity. Perhaps I should wait a little longer to see how the Vita LBP game turns out, but I wanted to get this list done now, so just humor me.
Honestly, although Littlebigplanet is one of those platformers I wouldn't be able to bring myself to play at home, on a handheld it truly feels in-place and relevant. The game is so deep for a handheld title and offers so many hours and so much replayability. Honestly, Nintendo have serious competition when the next LBP game comes out because this game itself is one of the best handheld platformers to date.

METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER [PSP]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-20100502061758292-000

Yeah sure, 3DS has that Snake Eater remake but screw it. MGS Peace Walker brought us a Metal Gear game with co-operative playing an integral part in the main mission. Whats more, it had tons of awesome new elements, like expanding your base, building your army, constructing your own metal gear!
The game is cinematic and extremely enjoyable. One of the best handheld "action" games for sure.

ORDER AND CHAOS [Iphone/Xperia/Android]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Gameloft-Order-Chaos-Online-order5

You've probably all wondered what it would be like to have World of Warcraft on a handheld... I know I have, many a time. And I even went as far as getting an app that allowed me to emulate WoW through my pc and play it on my psp. Wasn't worth the lag though.
But finally as I discovered recently, Order and Chaos has come along and it offers the deepest mmo experience on any handheld. It truly feels like WoW and is better than every single free-to-play mmo on the pc. That being said, it isn't free to play... but it's extremely cheap to play and its huge scale is really a wonderous sight to behold.

SOOO WHICH ONE IS THE BEST GAME OF THEM ALL?

WHICH GAME DO I LOVE MOST???

HERE IT COMES..

YEAH YOU DON'T REALLY GIVE A SHIT ANYWAY

BUT FUCK IT....

OK HERE GOES....

SPLINTER CELL [DS]
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Tom-clancys-splinter-cell-chaos-theory-20050628061416304-000

Nah just trolling you..

Now the real one...

Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games 3063952087_1_7_kssVaJ36

FARMING SIMULATOR 2012!!!!

--

ha! gotcha again.

Okay seriously now.

WINNER
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games 03
FINAL FANTASY CRISIS CORE

Yep, it's not easy picking one game above 10 truly superb ones, but Crisis Core has made me feel more emotion and connection to a character than any other handheld game, hell in fact any game in general!
The narrative is sublime, shocking and beautifully done. I cannot recommend Crisis Core enough to anyone!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games   Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:01 pm

10. Corpse Party (PSP)
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Corpse-Party-PSP-Image-New

A very interesting and engaging downloadable game with a mix between classic bit graphics, anime cinematics and a very well executed plot.

9. Mario Kart (DS)
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Mariokart_0

Well what can i say? It fucking mario kart its addicting and it tickles my anus

8. Sonic Rush (DS)
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games 2042-Sonic-Rush-Adventure-DS-28

Not only does this game keep true to the classic sonic serries unlike some console games but it also reinvents it in ways

7. NOVA 2 (Smartphone)
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Nova-2-near-orbit-vanguard-alliance-20101215102021577-000

Fuck i have a hard time imagining playing FPS games on my freaking mobile, gameloft really outdid themself with this one, and yes its a halo rip-off but thats why i like it so much, it packs alot of great content at a fair cheap price. That reminds me to get NOVA 3.

6. Persona 3 portable (PSP)
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Persona-3-portable_1277089257

This game is fantastic, i never got to play it on the ps2 but this game is just packed with a shitload of content and does an amazing job of transitioning to handheld which i can't say for alot of ports.

5. Superbrother sword and sorcery (Smartphone)
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Ssep1

This game? This is not a game, this is fucking art. the combination of wonderful graphics, great sound and a fascinating, funny and thought-provoking story makes this feel like he most unique hanheld game i've played and by far my favorite smartphone one

4. Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside story (DS)
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games 954368_20090903_embed001

The adventure is lengthy, the characters are entertaining, and this is truly a game that you'll want to keep in your pocket for any free minute you find yourself with. There is alot of skill in involved which keeps me at the edge of my seat

3. Dissidia 012 (PSP)
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Dissidia012_04

A massive roster of iconic FF characters, deep customization, an extremely well executed mix between fighting and RPG this game has so much content and so much to do. This game is just extremely fun and has a quality behind it alot of console developers can learn from

2. Final Fantasy Crisis Core (PSP)
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Gameplay

See Lykos

1. Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations (DS)

Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games Phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trials-and-tribulations-20100513003905678

This is one of the deepest and well executed games i've ever played. Not only does it include the best of the old characters but also alot of iconic new characters but it does it in a way that completely ties in every hole that was in 1 and 2. Its addicting, its iconic, its tragic, its challenging but overall its just alot of fun and you really get to grow with these unique characters
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games   Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:16 pm

I would post my list, but some of the in-game images are inappropriate and the titles are in Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games   Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Oh Mecha,
Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games 05d
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games   Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Y'know that top 20 handheld games video on G7HD just fucking exploded in views...should have utilised it with more...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games   Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:01 pm

01. Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (GBA)
02. Final Fantasy (iOS)
03. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (GBA)
04. Golden Sun (GBA)
05. Pokémon Silver / Gold / Crystal (GBC)
06. Pokémon Red / Blue / Yellow (GBC)
07. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
08. Super Mario Advance (GBA)
09. Metroid Fusion (GBA)
10. Sonic Advance (GBA)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games   Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Sexton_Flashheart wrote:
Y'know that top 20 handheld games video on G7HD just fucking exploded in views...should have utilised it with more...

140,000! Shit. Reply to commenters and ask them to join the forum!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games   Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:15 am

We should do more of these top 20 video´s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games   Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Current-Gen Handheld Games
Page 1 of 1