Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time

Go down 
+11
Pein
Based Sonji
Blixtstorm
Dam_Noir
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
2Sugoi2Die
Stigma
RamboOnRedBull
NoelX2
Orc
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:19 pm

TRF wrote:
Nintendo's handhelds have much better games and just more games in general.

eye roll
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:

eye roll

They do.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Sonji wrote:
Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:

eye roll

They do.

eye roll
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Gameboy pocket >>>>> PSP
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Gameboy pocket >>>>> PSP

eye roll
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Just one word

Gameboy
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Lykos is in denial. PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:42 pm

just started playing crisis core on the psp
fucking awesome game
dissidia is also good
but the best game on the psp for me is god of war ghost of sparta
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:24 pm

^
I saw the first line and I was like
:face:
I saw the second line and I was like
PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 2505020059
I saw the third line and I was like
Neutral
I saw the last line and I was like
:what:
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:30 pm

When I saw this thread I was like :what:
But then I was like :fuckthat: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 725796345

Seriously, GBA > everything.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:33 pm

^
Everyone says that but doesn't give a reason. I gave my reasons in the OP.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
Everyone says that but doesn't give a reason. I gave my reasons in the OP.

The only reason PSP is good is if it has homebrew. Other than that there are not much fun games or anything to do.

And the original pokemon games.

/end
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:42 pm

lol you mean emulators?
Because then you can play pretty much every nintendo game previous to n64 Razz
(and even some n64 games)

And on its own I still find psp better because as I said before, more diversity I love you
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Lykos wrote:
lol you mean emulators?

And on its own I still find psp better because as I said before, more diversity I love you
PSP needs emulators becuz it haz no geams unlike the gameboy. PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 2505020059

Gameboy advance > PSP anyday, anytime.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
lol you mean emulators?

PSP needs emulators becuz it haz no geams unlike the gameboy. PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 2505020059

Well over 500 games
Not including psp minis
Diverse library
Ps2 standard games and even ps3 titles (valkyria chronicles, assassins creed, white knight, littlebigplanet, resistance, etc)
Nuff said :)
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
lol you mean emulators?

Well over 500 games
Not including psp minis
Diverse library
Ps2 standard games and even ps3 titles (valkyria chronicles, assassins creed, white knight, littlebigplanet, resistance, etc)

And ps1 games from the psn store!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
lol you mean emulators?

Well over 500 games
Not including psp minis
Diverse library
GBA has 949 games
Diverse library
Backwards compatible with gameboy color. If i want to play these ps2/ps3 games i'd simply just play the superior version on the ps2/ps3

You got owned lykos. PSP has nothing on GBA.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:02 pm

^
I suggest you refer back to the first page. I already stated my views on the diversity of the games my boy.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Where you get the statistics that 90% of the games are isometric, my friend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
I suggest you refer back to the first page. I already stated my views on the diversity of the games my boy.

Views not facts. Saying that 90% of the DS games are isometric is the biggest bullshit i've ever heard and the GBA still has a superior library in numbers.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^

Views not facts. Saying that 90% of the DS games are isometric is the biggest bullshit i've ever heard and the GBA still has a superior library in numbers.

Bro they are observations.
It is a fact that gameboy has more games (but not if you include hacked psp) but it is not a fact that they are better.
It is a fact that the vast majority are top down or side scrollers though.
And so the gameplay variety isn't that great. Trust me, I owned a gameboy and I've played hundreds of its games. There are only a handful of first person games and they generally were pretty bad. (Duke Nukem, Nightfire and I think there were others).
I mean really you have a pretty limited experience.
Psp has less overall but let's face it, over 500 games to choose from, each completely unique, that is probably the better option.
Otherwise why would you move onto xbox 360 if sidescrollers and top down games still entertained you?
I moved on because the gameplay is more varied and generally of a higher quality. Psp retains these aspects.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^

It is a fact that gameboy has more games (but not if you include hacked psp) but it is not a fact that they are better.
And so the gameplay variety isn't that great. Trust me, I owned a gameboy and I've played hundreds of its games. There are only a handful of first person games and they generally were pretty bad. (Duke Nukem, Nightfire and I think there were others).
Psp has less overall but let's face it, over 500 games to choose from, each completely unique, that is probably the better option.
Otherwise why would you move onto xbox 360 if sidescrollers and top down games still entertained you?
I moved on because the gameplay is more varied and generally of a higher quality. Psp retains these aspects.

Wow.......PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 1443829230
Are you really saying that just because most games are sidescroller (which means sense since its older then the psp) Means it has the same gameplay? Bullshit. In fact the gameboy has far more addicting games and seriously its like saying that the first zelda sucks because it doesn't look like fucking killzone 3. Why would i move to the 360? I didn't move to the 360 you retard i play both 360 and GBA. PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 457301478 Seriously you are the biggest retard ever if you think 3d games are better then sidescrollers because quality of a game is based on the addictingness and the developers making the game. Hell i'd even prefer the mario & luigi rpg's over any handheld RPG despite its graphics.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Gameboy Pocket.. nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^

Wow.......PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 1443829230
Are you really saying that just because most games are sidescroller (which means sense since its older then the psp) Means it has the same gameplay? Bullshit. In fact the gameboy has far more addicting games and seriously its like saying that the first zelda sucks because it doesn't look like fucking killzone 3. Why would i move to the 360? I didn't move to the 360 you retard i play both 360 and GBA. PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 457301478 Seriously you are the biggest retard ever if you think 3d games are better then sidescrollers because quality of a game is based on the addictingness and the developers making the game. Hell i'd even prefer the mario & luigi rpg's over any handheld RPG despite its graphics.

Typical fail debate. Person twists words because it is impossible to confront the point made without it being altered in some way. I did not say every game has the "same gameplay". I said the variety is not great. A modern day equivalent would be something like a hundred Gears of War rip offs, a hundred halo rip offs and a hundred god of war rip offs with a different colour scheme/theme, different weapons and different storyline. The core gameplay style is effectively very similar.
That is the problem.
And okay, so you still play the GBA. My bad for making assumptions.
And did I say 3D = quality?
Yet again, twisting my words. Or misinterpreting perhaps.
I will say what I want to say in a more comprehensible fashion.
Psp is newer. There has been years and years of progression between the gba and psp. Okay it is subjective whether a person calls this improvement or not but hey, game developers strive to improve upon previous efforts. Plus there are still many old-fashioned style psp games, including ports of classic titles. So generally it can be assumed that the quality of the best psp games is higher than that of the best gba games.
Not fact, just saying that it is logical.
Also, I am not saying that gba games are all the same. I repeat, I am not saying that gba games are all the same.
But honestly, as you probably know, 3D titles are massively different to 2D titles. And psp has many of both these styles of games. In fact 3D titles can involve a greater sense of immersion, therefore opening up to a massive gamer audience that gba can barely reach out to.
Gba can be considered being the best handheld for its time but really in this day and age it is just lacking in so many aspects.
Now I just realised I didn't call you a retard at all in this, unlike you. So I will make up for it now:
RETARD
RETARD
RETARD
Razz

...what happened to the days where we trolled on WOA as one? Sad
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Lykos, Gameboy SHITS ALL OVER PSP. The Pokemon games are just gold. Many great sidescrollers and RPG's. (Golden Sun, Final fantasy, etc) PSP never had any amazing, revolutionary games released on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time   PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSP Is The Best Handheld Of All Time
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next