Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"

Go down 
+8
ghost23
Mikenuge
Bluenose
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
Jack the Spectre
Orc
RamboOnRedBull
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" Empty
PostSubject: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:35 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/300746/news/next-wake-instalment-wont-be-alan-wake-2-or-dlc-remedy/
Please be a ps3 port! :face:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:41 am

If it's a ps3 port you guys better be excited, it's a fantastic game, if a bit repetitive Razz

If it does come to ps3, I recommend taking time with it because it can be completed fast, so explore a lot and collect everything you can and find easter eggs to make the most of your experience. =]

and the graphics aren't half bad! watch this in 720P:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Damn im excited. I have mixed feelings for the ps3 port rumor. I mean ps3 players should be able to enjoy such an amazing game but dammit the 360 haz no geams for 2011 they can't lose another one. >_<
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:21 pm

I hope they explain what the fuck was up with the ending.

Also, Remedy's new animation tool won't come close to the hard work and technique employed by Team Bondi.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:00 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/300746/news/next-wake-instalment-wont-be-alan-wake-2-or-dlc-remedy/
Please be a ps3 port! :face:

Remedy said that they wanted future Alan Wake titles to stay exclusive to the 360 or atleast 360/PC. Kind of like how the Gears of War series is being published by Microsoft, I think Remedy are with Microsoft for a long term.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:44 pm

WTF?? FUCK YOU REMEDY! I WANTED A SEQUEL, NOT SOME SHITTY SPINOFF!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:23 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
WTF?? FUCK YOU REMEDY! I WANTED A SEQUEL, NOT SOME SHITTY SPINOFF!

Doesn't have to be shitty. Would have preferred Alan Wake 2 as well though.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:41 pm

It would sell a lot more if it goes to PS3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Teckno wrote:
It would sell a lot more if it goes to PS3.

Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" 128794975357610044

more platforms = more salez
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:56 am

Remedy said that they wanted future Alan Wake titles to stay exclusive to the 360 or atleast 360/PC. Kind of like how the Gears of War series is being published by Microsoft, I think Remedy are with Microsoft for a long term.[/quote]

You can also dream can't you :?:
Besides, AW diden't sell that much neither, i mean, like what, 1 million copies in a YEAR!? It's pure stupidity to make it XBOX only, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:14 am

RamboOnRedbull wrote:

Besides, AW diden't sell that much neither, i mean, like what, 1 million copies in a YEAR!? It's pure stupidity to make it XBOX only, that's for sure.
Just the idea of the ps3 finally getting a quality title from the holy 360 makes you jizz doesn't it. I love you

Nah just playing but 1 million on 1 platform is highly impressive knowing that it got overshadowed by RDR. Its way easier to make a next alan wake title now and with already the lack of 360 exclusives alan wake would get more praised. But that just my thoughts. Neutral
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:19 am

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Remedy said that they wanted future Alan Wake titles to stay exclusive to the 360 or atleast 360/PC. Kind of like how the Gears of War series is being published by Microsoft, I think Remedy are with Microsoft for a long term.

Besides, AW diden't sell that much neither, i mean, like what, 1 million copies in a YEAR!? It's pure stupidity to make it XBOX only, that's for sure. [/quote]

1 million copies was quite good for a new IP that launched the same day as a Rockstar game from a developer which had yet to release a game for the current generation consoles.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:09 pm

[/quote] 1 million copies was quite good for a new IP that launched the same day as a Rockstar game from a developer which had yet to release a game for the current generation consoles. [/quote]

Well, THAT way it is. But it wasen't "overshadowed" from Red Dead Redemption for an entire year, was it?
Besides, there's already been quite few rumours about a ps3 port.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:37 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:

Well, THAT way it is. But it wasen't "overshadowed" from Red Dead Redemption for an entire year, was it?
Besides, there's already been quite few rumours about a ps3 port.
That doesn't make sense. Its the launch day when the sales matter the most. It got overshadowed by RDR by its launch and alot of weeks after. Then other games come out and alan wake will be forgotten. Im actually surprised that alan wake manages to sell so great. Seriously alan wake has become a semi-popular 360 IP and it would be retarded to give that status up by making it the 1000th multiplat coming out this or next year.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:50 pm

I would love to see this game on PS3. Played Alan Wake at my uncles house & loved it.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm just happy for the PS3 guys. Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:05 am

[/quote] That doesn't make sense. Its the launch day when the sales matter the most. It got overshadowed by RDR by its launch and alot of weeks after. Then other games come out and alan wake will be forgotten. Im actually surprised that alan wake manages to sell so great. Seriously alan wake has become a semi-popular 360 IP and it would be retarded to give that status up by making it the 1000th multiplat coming out this or next year.[/quote]

6 Years in development, Crowded by 360 fans to be Uncharted 2.0, 6 years of PURE hype.
It was "overshadowed" by Red Dead Redemption? After waiting 6 YEARS for a game, you aren't going to just drop it and buy a different one instead, are you?
You can admit it or not, i don't care really. But you've got to be able to realize with 6 years of waiting, yet, you still manage to only sell one million, in like what, 1 year?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:25 am

6 YEARS PEOPLE, 6 YEARS, AND DON'T FORGET, 6 YEARS! With a development staff of 40 people...Besides, this isn't GT5, NO ONE was waiting 6 years for the game, people found out about it like a year before it came out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:55 am

Basicly what stigma said. I've never heard of alan wake until 2010.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:35 am

Yeah, I hadn't heard of Alan Wake until 2009 and didn't even become interested until it actually came out.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:42 am

RamboOnRedbull wrote:

6 Years in development, Crowded by 360 fans to be Uncharted 2.0, 6 years of PURE hype.
It was "overshadowed" by Red Dead Redemption? After waiting 6 YEARS for a game, you aren't going to just drop it and buy a different one instead, are you?
You can admit it or not, i don't care really. But you've got to be able to realize with 6 years of waiting, yet, you still manage to only sell one million, in like what, 1 year?

5 years to be precise since it was announced at E3 2005 and released in May 2010. The game was quiet for a very long time and I honestly do not recall anyone hyping it up to be Uncharted 2. If there were any comparions drawn between Alan Wake and a PS3 exclusive, it was Heavy Rain (which was a stupid comparison in itself since they are completely different experiences).
And it was indeed extremely overshadowed by Red Dead Redemption. You have to understand that Rockstar games have a much wider appeal than a Microsoft published title which is considered "hardcore". All Rockstar had to do was slap on "From the creators of Grand Theft Auto" onto every Red Dead Redemption advertisement and they probably have a million sales right there.
But as PS3 fans say, "sales don't matter".
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:04 pm

If there was anyone who thought Alan Wake was a massive disappointment... it would be the PC crowd. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:01 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Quote :
That doesn't make sense. Its the launch day when the sales matter the most. It got overshadowed by RDR by its launch and alot of weeks after. Then other games come out and alan wake will be forgotten. Im actually surprised that alan wake manages to sell so great. Seriously alan wake has become a semi-popular 360 IP and it would be retarded to give that status up by making it the 1000th multiplat coming out this or next year.

It never had that much hype behind it in the first place. I literally only heard of the game like the E3 before it released. Jesus you are acting as if the game is GT5 or something. For alot of it's development time alot of people thought Alan Wake was just vapor-ware. And how the fuck is it not realistic to think that a ROCKSTAR game would overshadow a game made by a smaller developer? Nearly any game series would have had a hard time competing with RDR and that's the truth. And now you are acting as if the game itself was a complete let down because of sales. I don't even fucking know why every Xbox fanboy makes comparisons to Uncharted 2 when it really wasn't all that ground-breaking. I guess they just go by what they hear from PS fanboys. Fact is, both games have their flaws but atleast AW felt like a fresh break from alot of other games. I didn't feel overwhelmingly disappointed with AW like I did with UC2. Idk, maybe it's because I actually read the reviews for AW and knew what I was in for. For example, before I got AW I knew that it had lip-syncing problems. Every fucker that reviewed UC2 hardly mentioned any flaws and made the game sound like a ground-breaking title.

BTW. Who the hell deleted like half the posts in this thread? It never went off-topic. It was still about AW but people went and started discussing Alan Wake's graphics. Jesus as long as it isn't off-topic then posts shouldn't be just randomly deleted from the thread.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:33 am

[/quote]

It never had that much hype behind it in the first place. I literally only heard of the game like the E3 before it released. Jesus you are acting as if the game is GT5 or something. For alot of it's development time alot of people thought Alan Wake was just vapor-ware. And how the fuck is it not realistic to think that a ROCKSTAR game would overshadow a game made by a smaller developer? Nearly any game series would have had a hard time competing with RDR and that's the truth. And now you are acting as if the game itself was a complete let down because of sales. I don't even fucking know why every Xbox fanboy makes comparisons to Uncharted 2 when it really wasn't all that ground-breaking. I guess they just go by what they hear from PS fanboys. Fact is, both games have their flaws but atleast AW felt like a fresh break from alot of other games. I didn't feel overwhelmingly disappointed with AW like I did with UC2. Idk, maybe it's because I actually read the reviews for AW and knew what I was in for. For example, before I got AW I knew that it had lip-syncing problems. Every fucker that reviewed UC2 hardly mentioned any flaws and made the game sound like a ground-breaking title.

BTW. Who the hell deleted like half the posts in this thread? It never went off-topic. It was still about AW but people went and started discussing Alan Wake's graphics. Jesus as long as it isn't off-topic then posts shouldn't be just randomly deleted from the thread. [/quote]

UMAD BRO? Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" 457301478
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Nice response? I completely refuted your arguement so you now use "I was trollololing" excuse.

Why are you so terrible at quoting? It's [*quote] [/*quote] (remove stars). It's not hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"   Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remedy: "Next Alan Wake Game To Be Neither Sequel Nor DLC"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next