Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alan Wake 2...

Go down 
+8
Mikenuge
Based Sonji
ghost23
NoelX2
Jack the Spectre
Orc
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Alan Wake 2 practically confirmed?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-09-alan-wake-2-shows-up-on-cv
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Coolio. I actually really like Alan Wake, since I played the entire game at my friend's house. It was great. It should add little more variety to the gameplay. Hopefully, this concludes the story after the two dlc's released. Definately looking forward to this game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Fuck yes I hope so.
Alan Wake 1 was excellent if a bit repetitive. Really great game though that was able to be cinematic but while still giving you a good amount of freedom in gameplay. :)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Alan Wake 2... XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:31 pm

I'll agree with Lykos, Alan Wake was a bit repetitive, but I really liked it nonetheless. It's a solid 8/10 in my book, and I'd love to see more of the story unravel, especially after the ending.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:54 pm

I still need to get the first one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:26 am

Nice. I thought Alan Wake was one of the best games last year. Since Remedy already have a game engine, the development cycle should be much shorter.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:02 am

TRF wrote:
I'll agree with Lykos, Alan Wake was a bit repetitive, but I really liked it nonetheless. It's a solid 8/10 in my book, and I'd love to see more of the story unravel, especially after the ending.

Did you download the dlc? I never did so the story still makes 0% sense to me xD
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Alan Wake 2... XidKdMN
New York

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:25 am

Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:

Did you download the dlc? I never did so the story still makes 0% sense to me xD
Yeah, I never bothered to download the DLC.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:33 am

Holy shit yes!!!! I almost thought it would never happen alan wake is one of my favorite 360 games. Alan Wake 2... 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:35 am

UPDATE: It's not Alan Wake 2, but it is a game in the Alan Wake franchise. It's not a sequel nor is it DLC.

No platforms have been announced.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:35 am

Sonji wrote:

Time to steal an exclusive from those xbots!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:32 am

^
haha yeah they should port it to ps3 and get a few more sales.
It deserved to be appreciated by a wider audience.

plus... it's a single player game which is good because they have no online Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:46 pm

stupid game was stupid

took them four years and the main combat mechanic was to shine a light at the enemy and then shoot em lol

Alan Wake 2... Giant-crab-attacks
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Gotta play the first one D:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Sonji wrote:
UPDATE: It's not Alan Wake 2, but it is a game in the Alan Wake franchise. It's not a sequel nor is it DLC.

FUCK!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Sonji wrote:

Remedy confirmed any future Alan Wake installment after AW1 was going to be published by MS. So that means it's either a 360 exclusive or a 360/PC exclusive.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:06 am

Yeah I highly doubt that Alan Wake will go to PS3. I watched the behind the scenes video in the limited edition and they were talking about how long it took them to make the engine. They designed it from the ground up for the XBOX 360 so it would be a long and expensive process for Remedy to port it to PS3, also Remedy is a very small studio.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Alan Wake 2... StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:19 am

Good thing about Alan Wake that is it a good piece of story telling but the gameplay wasn't great. Annoying when they take the control away from you to show you every single baddie that pops up. Another thing is the music... DON'T FUCKING FADE THE MUSIC AWAY ONCE ALL THE SHADOW MONSTERS ARE KILLED BECAUSE FADING THE MUSIC AWAY CREATES CALM AND A SAFE FEELING! KEEP THE FUCKING THING PLAYING! SERIOUSLY BECAUSE IT CREATES MORE TENSES AND IT TELLS THE PLAYER THAT THERE IS MORE DANGER OUT THERE IN THE WOODS. Yeah and the ending was like... okay what now? The cut scenes look like they were from its dead PC version. For a game that took a few years to developed it didn't seem like much.

^^^^^
Fix all that and me will be happy :)
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:10 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Yeah I highly doubt that Alan Wake will go to PS3. I watched the behind the scenes video in the limited edition and they were talking about how long it took them to make the engine. They designed it from the ground up for the XBOX 360 so it would be a long and expensive process for Remedy to port it to PS3, also Remedy is a very small studio.

Not to be trollish or anything.... but it doesn't really show. =\
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:16 am

CernaMLD wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Not to be trollish or anything.... but it doesn't really show. =\

Really? Alan Wake has incredible visuals and lighting effects. Better lighting than any PS3 exclusive that comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Alan Wake 2... XidKdMN
New York

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:27 am

The lighting is top-of-the-line, which should go without saying since it's such a huge gameplay mechanic. The only thing Alan Wake really lacked in the visual department aside from a little variety in the setting was the animations. The lip-synching sucked and the body animations were stiff.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:08 pm

The ridiculously low resolution really hurt it as well. The AA is great but I could have lived with 2x MSAA with a higher resolution. The motion blur was some of the best I've seen but the screen tearing hurt that too. However, I have confidence that Remedy will pull a Naughty Dog and show a massive leap technically with whatever they're working on next.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:31 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
The ridiculously low resolution really hurt it as well. The AA is great but I could have lived with 2x MSAA with a higher resolution. The motion blur was some of the best I've seen but the screen tearing hurt that too. However, I have confidence that Remedy will pull a Naughty Dog and show a massive leap technically with whatever they're working on next.

Off-topic? I'll go with it anyways. First off, I'm tired of hearing that. The low resolution does not butcher the game's visuals much, if it all. This all comes down to the fact that for most of the game you are playing at night. With all those atmospheric effects there is no way you could tell that the game is running in sub-HD. If anything it helps define the aesthetics of the game's visuals: dark, gritty, hazy, etc. Think Killzone 2. QAA tends to blur texture detail but in KZ2 it goes along great with the gritty atmosphere of the game. This whole paranoia of sub-HD is unnecessary and stupid. I didn't even know the game was sub-HD until 2 weeks after the game released and during the time I was playing it never once struck me. It actually appeared to me that the game has LESS jaggies than Halo 3 or Gears of War, which is probably due to the 4xAA.

The technical reason why the developers dropped the resolution is for many things. The developers wanted to run the post-effects that are layered on top of the framebuffer at higher resolutions and wanted a huge abundance of them. The framebuffer, despite the 544p resolution, actually takes up a huge chunk of RAM even with the eDRAM. You could argue that it would have been better with 720p and 2xAA instead of sub-HD with 4xAA, but we simply do not know that. We are not the developers. They probably had VERY good reasons to reducing the game's resolution. You can take Tekken 6 on the 360 for example. It has 2 native modes and suprisingly the mode with a lower resolution and more effects looks better than the higher resolution mode.

On the PS3, directly porting Alan Wake would simply not work. The PS3 has a huge bottleneck in RAM and bandwidth. It doesn't matter if YOU think it does or does not look great. The point of his original comment was that Remedy developed what practically is an inhouse engine for the 360 and that porting it to the PS3 would take both more time and alot of resources. The PS3 and 360 are very different beasts with their own advantages and disadvantages in terms of hardware architectures. You can argue that certain games on the PS3 look better than Alan Wake, but you cannot argue that Alan Wake "can be done" on the PS3.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Mikenuge wrote:
stupid game was stupid

took them four years and the main combat mechanic was to shine a light at the enemy and then shoot em lol

Alan Wake 2... Giant-crab-attacks
GIANT ENEMY CRAB!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:31 am

TRF wrote:
The lighting is top-of-the-line, which should go without saying since it's such a huge gameplay mechanic. The only thing Alan Wake really lacked in the visual department aside from a little variety in the setting was the animations. The lip-synching sucked and the body animations were stiff.

I agree. But Remedy have said that they have a new technology that rivals or even surpasses LA Noire's facial animation. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alan Wake 2... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake 2...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next