Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.

Go down 
+4
Archduke
Mecha
Hydell
The_Biotic_God
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. Empty
PostSubject: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:03 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-20-alan-wake-pc-makes-money-back-in-48-hours

Quote :

The PC version of Alan Wake made its money back within 48 hours of going on sale, Remedy has revealed.

Alan Wake PC launched on Steam on Thursday, 16th February - nearly two years after the Xbox 360 version. It came with a raft of new features, including visual improvements, stereoscopic 3D support and multi-screen functionality - all for £23.

It shot straight to the top of the sales charts, beating out the likes of Activision's FPS behemoth Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. At the time of publication (Monday, 20th February) 1350 people were playing the game on Steam, with a Monday peak of 2656.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:08 pm

360 fanboiz dun buy their gamez.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:08 pm

This would have sold more if it was released on PS3.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Mecha wrote:

It's published by MS so we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Mecha wrote:

I remember the shit-storm that statement made on PS3N back in the day. Lets try and avoid that here.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I remember the shit-storm that statement made on PS3N back in the day. Lets try and avoid that here.

lol I kinda forgot it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:38 pm

I would buy it if I had a semi-decent PC capable of running this game. Instead, I'm stuck with a piece of junk. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Interesting. I might pick it up even though I already own the 360 version.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:12 pm

How about you two pick up some avatars for your profile here before you even think about buying a pc or pc games.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Great news now there is alot more hope for the Alan Wake series. If Microsoft would only pull their fucking kinect out of their ass and buy remedy already.

@ Mecha
I think Alan Wake would've been overshadowed by Heavy Rain as alot of people had the impression that they would be similiar (even if they're not)
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:15 pm

I think anyone who believes Alan Wake would have sold better on Ps3 simply because it's a single-player title is full of shit. Seriously you have no way of knowing that unless the game actually releases on the platform.

Before it was releaed on PC, I bet a lot of people thought it would sell like shit because of all the pirating and the fact that almost every other ex-360 exclusive that moved to PC didn't sell well.

I don't think sales is purely determined by which user base you're selling it to. Alan Wake didn't sell so well on 360 because of the strong competition it had during the month it released.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:25 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Alan Wake didn't sell so well on 360 because of the strong competition it had during the month it released.

In other words, no one was interested in it.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:31 pm

8 hour long SP games like AW shouldn't be retailing for €50/$60, if it was priced at around $40 it would have done much better. I probably would have bought it as opposed to renting it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Mecha wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Alan Wake didn't sell so well on 360 because of the strong competition it had during the month it released.

In other words, no one was interested in it.

Yea, because of the fierce competition it had. R* practically stole May 2010 with Red Dead.

I don't see how it would have fared any better on the PS3 (assuming the conditions would have been the same). PS3/360 owners have largely similar attachment patterns. Ex. Highest selling game on both platforms is COD.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:50 am

It would have sold far worse if it was exclusive for the ps3 if you look at the obvious facts. The reason Alan Wake managed to keep up against rockstar juggernaut was the fact that alan wake was a 360 exclusive. If it was multiplat or ps3 exclusive even less people would've been interested in it.

Even a person below average intelligence can realize that when you look at the competitition during that time. Alan is right that competition is more relevant to this than supposed userbase.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
It would have sold far worse if it was exclusive for the ps3 if you look at the obvious facts.

No. It would have sold pretty good on PS3 considering the fact that a lot of single-player games sell well on that console. The whole PS3 games flopping is highly exaggerated.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:18 am

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
It would have sold far worse if it was exclusive for the ps3 if you look at the obvious facts.

No. It would have sold pretty good on PS3 considering the fact that a lot of single-player games sell well on that console. The whole PS3 games flopping is highly exaggerated.
Seriously.....You have no idea how marketing works if you base that completely on the idea that its single player..... Seriously do you have any common sense when you discuss these kind of things? It would've sold extremely terrible considering heavy rain would already take its spot light in the exclusive hype department. It's like saying killzone and MAG would sell better on the 360 because its multiplayer focussed. There is no logic in that whatsoever and is only based on bullshit stereotyping.

I mean seriously.....its single player therefor it will sell better on the ps3?......Dude seriously? Even duke makes more intelligent comments than that.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:53 am

The double standard in this forum is mind-boggling. :jackie:
I have to be a little more careful with what I say next time.

My point was that Alan Wake had potential to sell well on PS3. But since you put it that way, I agree for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 am

Mecha wrote:

My point was that Alan Wake had potential to sell well on PS3. But since you put it that way, I agree for the most part.

Except there was this little game called Red Dead Redemption that came out around the same time. Not to mention that there was barely any marketing for Alan Wake.

Also, I don't think you know how double standards work, so please refrain from using the term.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Mecha wrote:

The irony in that statement is mind-boggling. :jackie:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Mecha wrote:

No you fuckwit that wasn't your original fucking point.

Quote :
This would have sold more if it was released on PS3

That was your original post. You said it would sell MORE on PS3. Not sell WELL. There's a huge difference. Instead of negging the fuck out of everyone for debating with you, come up with a real argument or at the very least don't try to flame bait in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 pm

See this is actually what I'm talking about. Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. 1443829230

I been criticized for arguing with people lately, yet it's okay when they start arguing with me? Seriously? It's not even a proper debate. Toxic is just being plain rude. There is no need for that. If you want to debate, then do it properly. BTW, stop accusing me of flame baiting, it's getting old.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
See this is actually what I'm talking about. Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. 1443829230

I been criticized for arguing with people lately, yet it's okay when they start arguing with me? Seriously? It's not even a proper debate. Toxic is just being plain rude. There is no need for that. If you want to debate, then do it properly. BTW, stop accusing me of flame baiting, it's getting old.

No one is criticizing you for starting debates. People are criticizing you for being childish about them. I'm pissed because you :

1) made a comment that wasn't even related to what the topic was originally (the success of Alan Wake on PC)

2) Neg people for simply arguing with you

3) Ruined my thread because of 1 and 2.

Toxic seemed rude because like everyone else he was getting impatient with your random ignorant claims that you clearly can't defend. It's always the same with you. You make an ignorant claim and after you get beat down, you tweak it.

Anyways, thanks for that. I hardly make any threads so I'm kind of upset that this one ended up like this. Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. 1443829230

Locked.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 pm

I unlocked this just to add one final note.

InFAMOUS barely got over 1 million units, it is a single player game exclusive to the PS3. Game sales is a combination of hype, advertisment and gamer demographics. No one system is better for certain genres or single player only games etc.

That is all.

Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.   Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake on PC is doing pretty well.
Page 1 of 1