Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread

Go down 
+4
Archduke
Mikenuge
Jack the Spectre
Orion
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread PtPiAjp

Quote :
ABOUT MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns for an action-packed third season, with Director Phil Coulson and Agent Daisy Johnson leading the charge as S.H.I.E.L.D. searches the world for more powered people in the aftermath of their epic battle with Jiaying and her army of Inhumans. However, Coulson and the team soon find out that they are not the only group looking for these new Inhumans..

This a discussion thread for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D! Discuss news, episodes, and all that other stuff here. If you can't watch it live on ABC, the ABC website (link below), and app also have the episodes but the new episode isn't available until a week later after they air unless you verify your cable provider.
http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield

So tonight Marvel makes their live action TV debut (As far as I know). Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D will debut on the abc network (I don't know about Europe) at 8PM Eastern time. Can Marvel compete with DC on TV or will it fall short; like their cartoons (with some exceptions).

Last edited by yonny616 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:41 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was good, expected more from Joss Whedon though. I liked all the small easter eggs; including the spider-man one.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 4:54 am

Wasn't that great, was okay, still leaps and bounds better than fucking Arrow.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:36 am

@Orion Lol No. Arrow is miles better than Agents of shield.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Nope, Arrow ranges from complete and utter mediocre shit to 3 or 4 great episodes. 
Agent of SHIELD was just "Okay"
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Nope. Arrow might not be Breaking Bad great, but it's miles better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Even Arrow's pilot was better.
Also for it being from the man once considered king of TV, "okay" isn't good enough.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was pretty average but average is the best Joss Whedon has ever been able to do. Funny how Marvel, with this one TV show, made something better than DC has ever made in the realm of live-action television.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 5:22 pm

I'll watch for the Stan Lee cameo and Avengers 2 nods

looks like the Helicarrier wasn't in the budget
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:14 am

I have no desire to watch this show what's so ever. I much rather watch Arrow than this to be honest. The only reason people are hyping it up is because of Joss Whedon, who only wrote and directed one episode. The show itself isn't very interesting, it doesn't even have characters from the comics. And now, Marvel wants to make a TV show about Agent Carter? Seriously? Out of all thel female superheroes, Marvel is going to make a show about Captain America's girlfriend's aunt? Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread 1443829230 At least DC makes shows about characters we give a shit about.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Mecha wrote:
I have no desire to watch this show what's so ever. I much rather watch Arrow than this to be honest. The only reason people are hyping it up is because of Joss Whedon, who only wrote and directed one episode. The show itself isn't very interesting, it doesn't even have characters from the comics. And now, Marvel wants to make a TV show about Agent Carter? Seriously? Out of all thel female superheroes, Marvel is going to make a show about Captain America's girlfriend's aunt? Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread 1443829230At least DC makes shows about characters we give a shit about.
I'd rather have a good show about a shitty character i don't care about than a mediocre piece of dog shit about characters i liked e.g. Green Arrow on Arrow
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Arrow sucked so hard
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 pm

Just seen the first episode, and I have to say this show is terrible. Saying that it's better than DC live-action TV shows is like comparing cat shit to dog shit. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. could have been badass, but like most live-action comic book TV shows, it doesn't have the budget to make that happen. This show doesn't even feel like it belongs in the MCU. At least DC is smart enough to separate universes. Also what's a Marvel universe without Deadpool, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and X-Men? Kinda stupid that it's called the Marvel Cinematic Universe, yet the only superheroes S.H.I.E.L.D. can find are The Avengers.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 am

my god this show is awful
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:16 am

Just seen the second episode. It was a little better than the first episode. The first episode felt so fucking cheap and the writing was shit. Still, the second episode is filled with clichés and cardboard cut-out characters. Also if you're expecting more easter eggs than the first episode, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Oh and the show lost like 34% of its viewers in the second week.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:41 am

Seen episode 3, and it was a little better than the last two episodes. The characters are kinda growing on me, mostly Skye though. Having said that, the episode was still very meh. It's like there is nothing bad about it, but there isn't anything great about it either.

Episode 3 is basically an origin story of Graviton. So if you're a Graviton fan, you might enjoy this a lot more. Even though the actor doesn't look much like Graviton, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
Seen episode 3, and it was a little better than the last two episodes. The characters are kinda growing on me, mostly Skye though. Having said that, the episode was still very meh. It's like there is nothing bad about it, but there isn't anything great about it either.

Episode 3 is basically an origin story of Graviton. So if you're a Graviton fan, you might enjoy this a lot more. Even though the actor doesn't look much like Graviton, but whatever.
Yeah Skye is okay fap material, but the characters are nothing like agents of shield and the show is too formulaic with the usual roles and cliches and just overall meh.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:45 pm

I didn't see episode 3. I heard it was better than ep. 1 & 2, but that's not saying much. :/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Episode 3 is a tad bit better, only because the writers are finally starting to borrow elements the source material. Where as the first two episodes don't even feel like they're set in the MCU.

Also Skye is the only character with a personality in this show. Just goes to show that Coulson can't carry a TV series. Never understood the popularity of Coulson anyway.

Last edited by Mecha on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Coulson only became popular after Avengers. No one cared who he was in any of the previous phase one films.

I couldn't careless for the characters, they're so generic; even Coulson. I heard they're streching the suspension of disbelief though. A raft to block the giant hole in the plane. Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread Previe10
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 pm

I watched the first episode, and I don't think I will be watching this TV show anymore. It fucking sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:09 pm

The show seems to be improving with each new episode. However, it still doesn't do anything groudbreaking. The show is still filled with cliches and cardboard cut out characters. Except for Skye though <3 She's one of the reasons why I still watch this show.

Episode 4 continues to hint about Coulson's resurrection. It might be possible that the real Coulson really did die during the events of The Avengers, or years before it. There is a rumor going around that magic is what brought back Coulson back to life. Something that Marvel avoided with The Mandarin.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:04 am

I stopped watching. The writing is cheesy (and not in a fun way), the acting is terrible, and the show still hasn't made itself stand out in any conceivable way.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:53 am

Okay, I'm done. I can't continue to watch this shit anymore. I was already halfway through episode 5, and just decided to turn it off. There are far better quality shows out there on television. But this show just feels very cheap. Marvel has really been disappointing me lately.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:11 am

I feel like it's such a wasted opportunity. There's nothing distinctly Marvel about the show aside from Coulson. I'm sure there are plenty of lower-tier heroes and villains that Marvel has the rights to that they're not using in the films. A show like AoS is a perfect avenue to make use of those lesser characters but instead we get a show populated by gorgeous people who just can't act.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread   Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.' Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next