Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility

Go down 
+3
Azazel
Stigma
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility   Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility Xbox3612

Quote :
Another report today over on VGLeaks stated that the next-box, codenamed Durango, will contain the dreaded always-online internet component – plus, it will be backwards compatible with your old Xbox 360 due to an add-on coming to the aging consoles.

The site’s source told it that while it will have always-online functionality, it will not prevent the use of second hand games nor bar people from playing local content when they are without Internet.

Furthermore, a smaller, more stripped down 360 will be arriving on shelves for around $149 or less. This sku will act more like a set-top media box with Xbox 360 and XBLA game support and it may not have disc drive.

“Putting in an Xbox 360 disc into Durango will prompt the user to attach the supporting device that is sold separately. By separating the two devices and their functions it will ensure price competitiveness for both pieces of hardware,” says the report.

This means all content will need to be downloaded digitally. Should it be connected with Durango, users can use their disc-based Xbox 360 games on their Durango console with the small add-on Xbox.

Think of it as MS’s version of Google or Apple TV.

Thanks, CVG.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility   Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:32 pm

That's...better?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility   Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 am

I guess?
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility   Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:19 am

Certainly better then what we thought before at least, I am also liking that BC is possible in some way. Sure I would prefer it if it were built in, but at the moment it is better then nothing.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility   Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 am

This is a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility   Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:37 am

So, basically, if you want BC you have to buy the Xbox 360? Haha, that's genius, I'm sure some fools will fall for it. Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility 725796345

Being able to play games without an internet connection is an absolute must.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility   Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 am

Quote :
“Putting in an Xbox 360 disc into Durango will prompt the user to attach the supporting device that is sold separately.

:awwyeah:

Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility E0Pbf6f
Stature : 14
The Dreadf
Playing : Pin the dick on the Reek

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility   Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 6:47 am

Why would one want to play a game on the durango so bad? isn't it a possibillity to simply use the 360 for 360 games and vice versa?
I play most Xbox games on Xbox, 360 on 360 etc.

I am not a fan of the online crap but as long i can play a game without needing the internet im fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility   Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox 720 will not be 100% always online, add-on for backwards compatibility
Page 1 of 1