Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online

Go down 
+3
Orc
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online Empty
PostSubject: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:31 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-doesnt-require-internet-connection

Quote :
Shortly after the Xbox Reveal event today, Microsoft revealed that its new console does not require a constant internet connection.

According to Spike TV's Geoff Keighley, Microsoft's Don Mattrick confirmed that the Xbox One is not "always on."

The news disproves rumors that have been kicking around since last year and building ever since. Earlier this year, controversy over the requirement led to the departure of Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Orth, though an alleged internal memo later debunked the feature.

Developing…
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:35 pm

They probably highly considered always-online, but due to the massive backlash, they were forced to remove it.

Last edited by Mecha on Tue May 21, 2013 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Well atleast it's not 100% shit then.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Microsoft: We should fuck these gamers over in no more than 3 ways so that gamers don't get the jist that we really fucking hate them.

1. Kinect always required
2. No backwards compatibility
3. No pre-owned games
4. Internet connection required

Okay scratch that last one. The rest should piss them off enough.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Oh yes it is ......

Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online Kermit

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Quote :
The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

In a Q&A on their press site for the new Xbox, Microsoft tackles the always-on question with a strangely-worded answer: "No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

At the event in Redmond today, Kotaku boss Stephen Totilo asked Phil Harrison for clarification on this. And what Harrison told us might not please people who enjoy playing Xbox on military bases or other locations without Internet.

"There are many devices in your life that require the Internet to function," he said. "Xbox One is no different in that it requires, at some point in the beginning and at various times through its on state, to connect to our cloud and to our Internet. That is to deliver Xbox Live functionality, that is to deliver download content to you, that is to deliver some of the innovations around TV and entertainment that we showed today. But it doesn’t require it to be online all the time."

So how often does it check your connection? "Depends on the experience," Harrison said.

"For single-player games that don’t require connectivity to Xbox Live, you should be able to play those without interruption should your Internet connection go down. Blu-ray movies and other downloaded entertainment should be accessible when your Internet connection may be interrupted. But the device is fundamentally designed to be expanded and extended by the Internet as many devices are today."

And here's the bombshell:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

So the system is built to work even if your Internet connection goes down, but you still have to be connected at least once a day to use it, Harrison said. We're not sure exactly what would happen if you don't connect once per day—and that timeframe could change—but this doesn't sound good for anyone who was hoping to use Xbox One without an Internet connection.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Why are they making everything complicated as fuck?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:09 pm

HA! Told you, Rambo.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:11 pm

You've got to be kidding me now.
Microsoft, what are you doing staph!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:23 am

Mecha wrote:
HA! Told you, Rambo.

I never said it wouldn't be. I was pointing out the flaws in your argument about how you said it's always-online for Xbox because there were rumors about it, but when it was rumored for the PS4, you didn't make that claim.

You can spin it how you want, but that's ultimately what you said.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:28 am

I never said that. I said the rumors are more likely to happen on Xbox One than on PS4. And you tell me to learn how to read.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:31 am

Stoney wrote:
Oh yes it is ......

Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online Kermit

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Quote :
The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

In a Q&A on their press site for the new Xbox, Microsoft tackles the always-on question with a strangely-worded answer: "No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

At the event in Redmond today, Kotaku boss Stephen Totilo asked Phil Harrison for clarification on this. And what Harrison told us might not please people who enjoy playing Xbox on military bases or other locations without Internet.

"There are many devices in your life that require the Internet to function," he said. "Xbox One is no different in that it requires, at some point in the beginning and at various times through its on state, to connect to our cloud and to our Internet. That is to deliver Xbox Live functionality, that is to deliver download content to you, that is to deliver some of the innovations around TV and entertainment that we showed today. But it doesn’t require it to be online all the time."

So how often does it check your connection? "Depends on the experience," Harrison said.

"For single-player games that don’t require connectivity to Xbox Live, you should be able to play those without interruption should your Internet connection go down. Blu-ray movies and other downloaded entertainment should be accessible when your Internet connection may be interrupted. But the device is fundamentally designed to be expanded and extended by the Internet as many devices are today."

And here's the bombshell:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

So the system is built to work even if your Internet connection goes down, but you still have to be connected at least once a day to use it, Harrison said. We're not sure exactly what would happen if you don't connect once per day—and that timeframe could change—but this doesn't sound good for anyone who was hoping to use Xbox One without an Internet connection.

That is just stupid hahaha.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:33 am

Mecha wrote:
I never said that. I said the rumors are more likely to happen on Xbox One than on PS4. And you tell me to learn how to read.

You said that 10 minutes into the argument. Your first comment was: "It's kind of true", which you then backed up by using a RUMOR from a link to confirm that point.

Stop spinning it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:47 am

The rumors has been reported MANY times, and it turn out to be somewhat true like I said. While the rumors about the PS4 having always-online was rarely even reported compare to Xbox One, and it turned out that Sony never even considered always-online. I'm not spinning anything, it's called common sense.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:02 am

Mecha wrote:
The rumors has been reported MANY times, and it turn out to be somewhat true like I said. While the rumors about the PS4 having always-online was rarely even reported compare to Xbox One, and it turned out that Sony never even considered always-online. I'm not spinning anything, it's called common sense.

You just proved my point. And again, my point was not that it isn't true, my point was simply pointing out the flaws in your argument.

Again, like I said on the chatbox:

If something is said more times does that mean it's true? Answer with a simple yes or no.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:14 am

You're missing the point. I meant the rumors are more likely to be true for Xbox One than the PS4.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:23 am

Mecha wrote:
You're missing the point. I meant the rumors are more likely to be true for Xbox One than the PS4.

But that's not what you said.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:26 am

Then what did you think I said? That's the whole point of what I been saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online   Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: Xbox One NOT Always-Online
Page 1 of 1