Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility

Go down 
+2
The Enkindler
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility    Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  Xbox3611

Quote :
Another source has popped up with support for rumours that Microsoft’s next consoles, codenamed Durango and nicknamed Xbox 720, will use a PC-like architecture.

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard that the next Xbox, like the PlayStation 4, will use a PC-like AMD processor at its heart. The source this time is “people with knowledge of the matter” speaking with Bloomberg.

The publication’s sources claim that the move to a more PC-like architecture is designed to reduce the costs of hardware manufacturing and increase ease of development.

As noted by previous rumours, Bloomberg’s whisperers said the x86 AMD processor combines multiple Jaguar CPUs with GPUs.

Because it’s a very different technology to the IBM Poer PC chips used in the Xbox 360, there will be no backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 game discs, the site said.

We’re expecting the new Xbox to be revealed in late May. We’re not sure what strategy Microsoft will take yet, of cours,e but it did recently announce its intention to throw everything at Xbox as a media platform.

Thanks, woe.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility    Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Oh dear, this just can't get any worse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility    Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Gay.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility    Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:22 pm

It's not like I was expecting them to have it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility    Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:03 pm

Whoever is planning on getting a NextBox just keep your 360's!! Don't understand this malarkey about BC.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility    Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 pm

cancelled my ps4 pre-order
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility    Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox 720 has no backwards compatibility
Page 1 of 1