Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation

Go down 
+4
Bluenose
Orion
Mr Canai Spy
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation   Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:38 am

Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation Xbox3610

Quote :
Xbox 720 games will require online activation via bundled codes, in a bid to combat piracy of physical titles. This fresh claim comes from the pages of EDGE, which states it has spoken with sources at the heart of the matter. We’ll believe it when we see it of course, but the evidence – as always – is yours to judge for yourself.

The EDGE, the report comes from what it calls, “sources with first-hand experience of Microsoft’s next generation console.”

The piece states that Xbox 720 titles will come on 50GB Blu-Ray discs that will use activation codes” over Xbox Live.

It’s a new form of authentication they say, one that will render discs with “no function beyond the initial users”, essentially blocking the possibility of pre-owned re-sale. Digital versions of games will also be made available over Xbox Live.

This stacks up with what VG247 has heard from our own sources back in April. We’ve heard that the console will launch in time for Christmas 2013, will include Blu-Ray drive and will require an always-on net connection to authenticate titles. Read our full report on the matter here.

The report follows claims that PS4 will use NFC tech to scan and lock games to a single console. We reported on the tech patents here.

Pre-owned does dent software sales, but on the other hand consumers are used to having rights that allow them to re-sell their purchases. What do you make of the conundrum?

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation   Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:47 am

Really bad idea, it just means consumers will be alot more picky when buying new games, which is bad news for smaller companies and lower rated games and overall bad for the industry :/
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation   Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Great idea, which is good news for larger companies and higher rated games and overall a great idea
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation   Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 1:58 pm

And my chances of getting an Xbox 720 are now 0.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation   Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Teckno wrote:
And my chances of getting an Xbox 720 are now 0.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation   Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Let's face it: Next Generation is going to suck.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation   Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Chobo wrote:
Let's face it: Next Generation is going to suck.

Sorry for all the gifs, but come on man, surely you've seen this game.

Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation Watch_dog-1ak74j
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation   Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:09 pm

I've been thinking about it, but this seems pretty strange. Microsoft doesn't even have online codes for their games. If they were against used games I'm sure they would have introduced them by now. I'm going to call bullshit on this rumor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation   Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox 720 games tethered to one console, require online code activation
Page 1 of 1