Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games Empty
PostSubject: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games Sony-p10

Quote :
PS4 will not require an always online connection and, it will not block the use of second hand titles. This was said back in February, by Sony Worldwide boss Shuhei Yoshida during a round table after the PS4 reveal. Kotaku also reported this back in February and again this week. Any DRM on used games will be left up to the publisher in question, according to Yoshida. Hope this clears everything up.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Here's hoping the publishers don't go ahead with it then, if only for sake of fan PR.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:56 pm

You'd expect Microsoft to be learning from Sony's mistakes since they revealed the PS4 first, but it's Sony doing all the learning from Microsoft's mistakes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Thank fuck, majority of games I buy are pre owned, can't afford. To be picky here in Chile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT require always-online or block used games
Page 1 of 1