Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft

Go down 
+2
JDog36095
yonny616
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft   Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:30 am

Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft Tumblr_mn5uvqYiRy1qzaj5to1_400
Quote :
Microsoft's Phil Spencer has confirmed that Xbox One's lack of backwards compatibility also extends to Xbox Live Arcade games, and advised Xbox 360 owners who've built up a healthy stockpile to keep hold of their current generation consoles.

"Those games will continue to run on your Xbox 360 for as long as your Xbox 360 runs," he told Gamespot in a new interview. "The box is not backward compatible and we think for somebody who invests in a large digital library that you want to keep your [Xbox 360]. Keep that as a vibrant part of the ecosystem."

"That's why we've made sure that your identity, your friends, are constant between both platforms," Spencer continued. "You don't have a separate identity on Xbox One or [Xbox 360]; it's the same, you are you. My friend's network is the same on both boxes, my achievements are the same. So we think that service component is an important component to keep constant across both devices."
Microsoft has made much of its continued support for Xbox 360, promising a "huge" announcement at E3. The company's Yusuf Medhi has suggested that Xbox 360 will sell past 100 million units during the next five years.

In future, all games released on the Xbox Live Marketplace will appear under an all-purpose Games label - smaller-scale indie (or at least "indie-styled") releases won't get their own, separate channel. Microsoft assures us that its new trending systems and curation policy will ensure that relatively niche titles aren't lost in the rush.

I'm a bit disheartened by the inability to transfer my XBLA library, myself - the service accounts for many of this generation's best games, such as Fez, Mark of the Ninja and Trials Evolution, and given the distribution method, there would seem to be fewer obstacles to compatibility than there are with Xbox 360 discs. Hopefully, Microsoft will find time to port the best of XBLA over to Xbox One, or introduce software emulation for a select roster of titles.
http://www.oxm.co.uk/55107/xbox-live-arcade-games-dont-work-on-xbox-one-keep-your-xbox-360-advises-microsoft/
Back to top Go down
JDog36095
Merchant
Merchant
JDog36095

Stature : 3
US
Playing : Destiny

Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft   Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:33 am

X-Box One expectation: 8)
X-Box One reality: Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft   Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:34 am

its like microsoft is getting everything they didn't do wrong, and then doing it wrong for the sake of doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft   Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:29 pm

It just baffles me how they can do something so illogical repeatedly?

I guess money speaks louder, too bad they aren't getting any of mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft   Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:28 pm

"keep your Xbox 360"

Lol too late.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft   Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:32 pm

Never had one to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft   Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Well there is something of a problem they would have if the processor/GPU was different from the 360, in which case they have to pay some royalties to the companies who made the 360 processors/GPU. Granted one could ask why they switched in the first place but that is another story entirely and one that I can't fully comment on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft   Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox Live Arcade games don't work on Xbox One - "keep your Xbox 360", advises Microsoft
Page 1 of 1