Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? Possib10

Quote :
Mass Effect 3 producer Mike Gamble has told Gamer Syndrome that more on the next Mass Effect game will be revealed next year, and the current plan is to launch the game “late 2014 to mid-2015.”

Gamble said an exact date couldn’t be provided because “full development on the game [only] started a month or two ago.”

The producer also said the team originally planned for multiplayer to be incorporated into Mass Effect 2, but once work started, they found it was going to be “too much.”

“We had actually wanted to do multiplayer in Mass Effect 2,” said Gamble. “We started working on it and found out that it was just going to be too much, so we had to take it out of Mass Effect 2 and put it into Mass Effect]. As far as the style it had, like I said we wanted it to be different from other games. It needed to have something that drew people into playing multiplayer over and over again. It had to be something that looked and felt like playing a mission in Mass Effect, except you had 3 other players from around the world with you.

“This style of multiplayer was something we wanted to do since Mass Effect 2. Regardless on how people felt about the ending of Mass Effect 3, alot of people still play multiplayer.

Gamble also said a mission idea for Mass Effect 3 which was scrapped saw players going to the Turian home world of Palaven.

“One of the mission ideas that got scrapped was actually going onto Palaven, the Turian home world, and being able to see what their world was like,” he said. “We also scrapped the original ending for Mass Effect 3. We were gonna have it as a “boss battle”, where Commander Shepard would go up and fight The Illusive Man who has been transformed by The Reapers. We scrapped that idea because way too many [games] have that as their ending, some final boss fight.

“Ultimately, we are proud of the finished products in the Mass Effect series and stand by them.”

Gamble also said there are more plans for Wii U at the studio but there was nothing more to announce at this time.

“We have a terrific company in Australia [Straight Right] who did a good job putting Mass Effect 3 on Wii U,: he said. “Again, I can’t really comment on rumored speculation about the game or the franchise. Wii U is a console we feel is really cool and that more Mass Effect would look great on it, so we do have plans for Wii U but nothing to announce at this moment.”

Thanks, Eurogamer.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 7:05 pm

That makes sense. They'll need more time since they're using a different engine (Frostbite 2.0).

Also Bioware Montreal is developing this instead of the Edmonton studio. They did a lot of the DLC for ME2 and ME3 so I guess they'll do a great job.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 pm

I actually saw what the Illusive Man was going to look like in one of those Bioware fan books. Part of me is glad they didn't use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:53 pm

i dont even like ass effect anymore
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 pm

shigdig wrote:
i dont even like ass effect anymore

Those jokes get old.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 5:36 pm

I cant say I feel the hype of the Mass Effect series anymore. It was a great trilogy but it finished things up(more or less).
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:23 pm

The interview has been confirmed to be fake.

Pretty disgusting journalism.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Fake? Either way the game will be coming around that time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Alan, what's your view on what the next Mass Effect game should be? Prequel or a new trilogy?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 pm

More epic, sci-fi feel vis a vis Mass Effect (You actually felt you were exploring the vastness of the galaxy), less generic, Hollywood blockbuster vis a vis Mass Effect 3 .
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Teckno wrote:
Alan, what's your view on what the next Mass Effect game should be? Prequel or a new trilogy?

People will lose interest if it's prequel. Any main conflicts that happens before the Reapers won't be nearly as engaging.

It should be a new trilogy that ties up the dark energy subplot that seems to just be hanging there.

Stoney wrote:
More epic, sci-fi feel vis a vis Mass Effect (You actually felt you were exploring the vastness of the galaxy), less generic, Hollywood blockbuster vis a vis Mass Effect 3 .

By vastness of the galaxy do you mean the cookie crumble planets you explore with the awful Mako? Or the side missions that take place on the same level and has the same generic enemies?

ME3 had the right balance. They just need to bring back a lot of the main hubs. Having the Citadel be the only hub hurt the "exploration" feel of the game.

EDIT:

Basically what I'm saying is that it should be more like ME2.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Yea, those anomalies on the planets in ME2 fufilled that RPG feeling, those should have been definitely added. Also, they should of added more of those datapad stories in there. You could barely find many in ME3.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Whilst a lot of the side missions were copy/paste levels, the actual missions themselves were good, some really good, and I loved the Mako.

Each planet had it's own gorgeous backdrop, with multiple planets and suns in the sky, it put butterflies in my stomach the first time I saw them, it was amazing, and just to make sure it wasn't nostalgia, I replayed ME 1 a couple of months back and it's still are brilliant as ever, no game can match it's dialogue and the option to mould the player character exactly as you wanted.

I loved Mass Effect 2 because it kept what was made Mass Effect, Mass Effect, the option to interact with NPC's as you saw fit, be asshole to this, be nice to that guy, be indifferent to another, or flip flop your personality, Mass Effect 3 removed that and gave you two options most of the time, and inbetween that, Shepard just rambled off through that God awful auto-dialogue without any input from the character, heck, there are times when you get NO dialogue options and you're just watching a conversation, waiting for a prompt and one doesn't appear.

Another gripe, ME 3 felt like going from one level to another as opposed to the illusion of exploring the galaxy that ME 1 gave you.

And don't get me started on ME 1's Citadel, shit was amazing.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Stoney wrote:
Whilst a lot of the side missions were copy/paste levels, the actual missions themselves were good, some really good, and I loved the Mako.

Each planet had it's own gorgeous backdrop, with multiple planets and suns in the sky, it put butterflies in my stomach the first time I saw them, it was amazing, and just to make sure it wasn't nostalgia, I replayed ME 1 a couple of months back and it's still are brilliant as ever, no game can match it's dialogue and the option to mould the player character exactly as you wanted.

They were literally the same levels....like no effort put into the side missions. Comparing the side missions from ME1 to ME2 and ME3 is a joke. Especially when you're comparing the loyalty missions or ME3's Grissom Academy. The main missions were good though, except for Noveria. I hate Benezia with a passion.

I do miss the exploratory atmosphere of ME1. I think I can relate there.

Quote :

I loved Mass Effect 2 because it kept what was made Mass Effect, Mass Effect, the option to interact with NPC's as you saw fit, be asshole to this, be nice to that guy, be indifferent to another, or flip flop your personality, Mass Effect 3 removed that and gave you two options most of the time, and inbetween that, Shepard just rambled off through that God awful auto-dialogue without any input from the character, heck, there are times when you get NO dialogue options and you're just watching a conversation, waiting for a prompt and one doesn't appear.

Another gripe, ME 3 felt like going from one level to another as opposed to the illusion of exploring the galaxy that ME 1 gave you.

And don't get me started on ME 1's Citadel, shit was amazing.

ME1's Citadel was big for the sake of being big. Don't get me wrong I loved it but I personally think ME3's Citadel was handled better. My problem is that the Citadel is the only hub world in ME3, even if you retake Omega.

You can still be a dick in ME3, I don't think that's really changed. And in ME1 there were a ton of pseudo-dialogue options that were basically masked auto-dialogue. What ME3 did right was refine the reputation system to where you aren't penalized if you play as a Paragade. However, overall I preferred the dialogue system in ME2.

Quote :

ME2 also had that problem. Loading screens instead of in-game loading. A lot of people complained about the ME1 elevator so I'm gonna go head and guessed that's why they went with loading screens for the sequels.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:44 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:

People will lose interest if it's prequel. Any main conflicts that happens before the Reapers won't be nearly as engaging.

It should be a new trilogy that ties up the dark energy subplot that seems to just be hanging there.

Do you mean a new trilogy that doesn't have any connection with the events of ME 1, 2, 3 and the reapers?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:05 am

Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Do you mean a new trilogy that doesn't have any connection with the events of ME 1, 2, 3 and the reapers?

No I mean a new trilogy set after the events of ME3. It would have to be so far into the future that the ending variations of each person's playthrough would be blurred together. It kind of sucks but people will get over it as it is the only way the series can move forward.

I don't think they will canonize on specific ending like a lot of ME fans think they will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?   Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 4 coming in 2015?
Page 1 of 1