Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PC vs CONSOLE?

Go down 
+9
The Enkindler
Franko
Bluenose
Based Sonji
BioDemon
Mikenuge
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Orc
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which is better
 PC
 CONSOLE
View results
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Battle it out.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PC vs CONSOLE? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Consoles. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PC vs CONSOLE? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Consoles. PCs cost thousands of dollars in both the initial price and constant upkeep, plus no splitscreen on PC, and controllers are better than KB&M, and also playing on a TV beats a tiny monitor.

Also PS3 has the best games.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:31 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Consoles. PCs cost thousands of dollars in both the initial price and constant upkeep, plus no splitscreen on PC, and controllers are better than KB&M, and also playing on a TV beats a tiny monitor.

PC vs CONSOLE? Oh-stop-it-you

ahh jack I didn't expect you to stoop to that level brahh trying to make this thread more enjoyable or someshizz ?

All your points are either preference or just simply not true : )

well, true you cant do split screen unless you have two monitors of course : )
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Jack is right.

PC costs like $2k to have any performance increase over consoles, KB&M is shit, controllers are much more accurate, monitors suck balls, and the games cost much more on PC.

Plus PC can't do HD.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PC vs CONSOLE? XidKdMN
New York

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh yeah and World of Warcraft is the only game on PC and it sucks. And Crysis, I guess, but you gotta pay like $2000 for a PC that can run Crysis.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 pm

The trolling overload is killing me.

Seriously, though. PC. Mods. That is enough for me.

JC2 + Mods = 1,000 people multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PC vs CONSOLE? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Okay I admit, mods is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:11 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

My laptop: £500.

500GB HDD.

Practically the same graphical capabilities of Xbox 360, in some cases better, sometimes worse, depending on how well the game's built. Also depends on how many processes I have running, how crammed with shit my HDD is, etc.

I can play just about any game from DOS games of the early 90's to the graphical beasts of 2012. I have access to Steam and the steam sales. I can also get a pack of indie games from £0:01.

Smaller monitor than a TV, yes, but who games with the TV one foot away from their face? No one, whereas with laptops/computers it's pretty normal to be between 1 and 2 feet from the screen so the screen is fine. And you can plug your computer into a proper tv screen. Therefore your opinion = invalid.

It is not without issues but I won't dwell on them right now.

Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:17 pm

>2012

How the fuck are people still having this argument? Really?

The only reason to choose a console, over a PC, is exclusive content.

That's it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PC vs CONSOLE? XidKdMN
New York

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:21 pm

Lykos wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

My laptop: £500.

500GB HDD.

Practically the same graphical capabilities of Xbox 360, in some cases better, sometimes worse, depending on how well the game's built. Also depends on how many processes I have running, how crammed with shit my HDD is, etc.

I can play just about any game from DOS games of the early 90's to the graphical beasts of 2012. I have access to Steam and the steam sales. I can also get a pack of indie games from £0:01.

Smaller monitor than a TV, yes, but who games with the TV one foot away from their face? No one, whereas with laptops/computers it's pretty normal to be between 1 and 2 feet from the screen so the screen is fine. And you can plug your computer into a proper tv screen. Therefore your opinion = invalid.

It is not without issues but I won't dwell on them right now.

So you're still spending a lot more to get 360-level graphics. Fail, dude.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:26 pm

^^

Yeah, but infinitely more games.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PC vs CONSOLE? XidKdMN
New York

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Oh yeah, like the millions of generic shooter and RTS games plus all the WoW clones out there. Eclectic library, ugaiz.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:36 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Oh yeah, like the millions of generic shooter and RTS games plus all the WoW clones out there. Eclectic library, ugaiz.

Replace RTS with FPS and WoW with Call of Duty and it sounds like most of the console library.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:37 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

I'm thinking of point and click adventure, VARIED strategy, yes mmo's but not every mmo is based around wow you fag (❤), indie games and of course every modded game.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PC vs CONSOLE? XidKdMN
New York

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:41 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Replace RTS with FPS and WoW with Call of Duty and it sounds like most of the console library.
Uncharted
God of War
Gears of War
Halo
Ratchet & Clank
Fable

Yeah, all generic amirite? eye roll

Lykos wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

I'm thinking of point and click adventure, VARIED strategy, yes mmo's but not every mmo is based around wow you fag (❤), indie games and of course every modded game.
You can point and click tgese nuts. Those games are just bad. The strategy games are in two camps, real-time and turn-based, but that's all the variety you get.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:51 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Uncharted
God of War
Gears of War
Halo
Ratchet & Clank
Fable

Yeah, all generic amirite? eye roll

Lykos wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

You can point and click tgese nuts. Those games are just bad. The strategy games are in two camps, real-time and turn-based, but that's all the variety you get.

Planetside
Starcraft
EVE
ARMA
Day Z (might as well be a standalone game at this point)

So generic amirite?
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:52 pm

PC vs CONSOLE? 2012-010

check mate.

watch your consolololol burn as the CPU melts uder the STRESS OF 30,000 FUCKING MEN

RTS cant be done anywhere else
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PC vs CONSOLE? XidKdMN
New York

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:23 pm

lol Sonji you just listed a bunch of generic sci-fi games. And Mike, you would like a game with 30,000 men. Just a waste of money. And RTS is quite good on consoles, perhaps better than on PC, such as Halo Wars.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:33 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
lol Sonji you just listed a bunch of generic sci-fi games. And Mike, you would like a game with 30,000 men. Just a waste of money. And RTS is quite good on consoles, perhaps better than on PC, such as Halo Wars.

trollharder.jpeg
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PC vs CONSOLE? XidKdMN
New York

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:35 pm

suckmyhighqualityballs.png
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 pm

The only thing that puts me away from the PC for primary gaming purposes is that I'm not computer savy at all. I prefer the simple steps of "plug in, insert CD, and play" that the consoles offer. Still though, RTS's are my fav and only the PC can fufill my taste for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Love how our Mod force has a troll...

Quote :
THE BANSTITUTION
1. Racism, Religious Intolerance, Homophobia, promoting trolling, or any kind of derogatory words or action will NOT be tolerated.
12. No trolling.

Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PC vs CONSOLE? XidKdMN
New York

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Wow, I didn't realize you could read. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Quote :
I prefer the simple steps of "plug in, insert CD, and play" that the consoles offer.

Teckno. PC is like that already but in the digital format. Take Steam, You buy, download, Play. No installing of the game. Yes it prompts you to install Dx9 (etc etc) but most PCs (Windows7 and so on) Have it already installed. Even at that you can decline and still play.

PC is growing and becoming more affordable. Now that most Console manufactures releasing what hardware they might be using shows that the next gen is only going to slight increase of performance from the current gen. Compared to PC. its nothing

http://gamesgoldenage.com/2012/07/08/pc-game-sales-up-230-console-game-sales-down-28/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PC vs CONSOLE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs CONSOLE?   PC vs CONSOLE? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC vs CONSOLE?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next