Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game

Go down 
+6
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
Angelus
Mecha
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game Empty
PostSubject: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game Solid_10

Quote :
The July issue of IG Magazine is rumored to feature an interview with Hideo Kojima in which he claims Solid Snake will return in the next installment of Metal Gear Solid.

According to the French magazine, Kojima said: “About Metal Gear Solid 5, I can tell you two things: there will be much question of infiltration, espionage, and convincing people to give you ‘a favour’ like in the last Metal Gear Solid.

“I liked the idea of social interactions in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but we will see. And if I say more, the female ninja public relations officer, who is behind the door, I will be carved up into pieces. So it’s better that we meet again when the time comes to talk about Metal Gear Solid 5.”

Kojima was also to have said in the interview Metal Gear Solid 5  will be built with the “new FOX Engine,” and that “Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance never claimed to be a Metal Gear Solid,” as the game is not about Snake.

“It is a spinoff that tries something different,” Kojima was to have said. “We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots.”

Now, calm your blood pressure folks, because this is marked as “rumor” for many reasons: Konami has declined comment on the matter; IG Magazine’s website doesn’t reference an interview with Kojima for the July issue; the magazine is written mainly by freelancers with no one available for comment on the matter; and lastly, the quotes were translated from French to English and we all know things can get lost in translation easily.

We’ll update you if Konami comments on the matter.

Source VG247
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 pm

my guess, is that theyll make snake into a cyborg like raiden. that or it takes place before guns of the patriots/after sons of liberty
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:58 pm

shigdig wrote:
my guess, is that theyll make snake into a cyborg like raiden. that or it takes place before guns of the patriots/after sons of liberty

It'd would be great if they just aged him even more to a point where he could die any second, and to where he's practically incapable of doing anything like he used to. It'd be brilliant to see him cope with his fall from race, and great to play as a frail old man.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Prequel please.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Mecha you're fucking stupid. Anywho, I would hope Snake returns in the next main entry.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Did you even read the article? Kojima is the one who said it himself. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Revengeance is Metal Gear. It ain't Metal Gear SOLID. Did YOU read the article, bromigo? Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Metal Gear was known as a stealth game even before the Solid was added. Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game 725796345
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:12 am

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
shigdig wrote:

It'd would be great if they just aged him even more to a point where he could die any second, and to where he's practically incapable of doing anything like he used to. It'd be brilliant to see him cope with his fall from race, and great to play as a frail old man.
Think of the gameplay elements! Picking up his pension check, sitting in the old folks, taking his pills, play bingo and win prizes like a full banana, walking stick CQC fights with Liquid, tell kids that everything was better back then, trying to stop the nurses from vacuuming mustache and nap time!
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:22 pm

WTF is this...are you going to be playing Snake in a wheelchair or his fucking deathbed?

Let it go Kojima...let it go.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:02 pm

More Solid Snake games?

Jeeez!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
Metal Gear was known as a stealth game even before the Solid was added. Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game 725796345

Metal Gear
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Revengeance

Each are different.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Eh, yeah... except both Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid share the same genre.

Last edited by Mecha on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:27 pm

^^

God forbid they try something different.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Trying something different is okay. But changing something that made the franchise so popular in the first place is pushing it. You think just because it carries the name Metal Gear I should be excited for it? I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:40 pm

^^

You shouldn't be hating it because it's an action game carrying the "Metal Gear" name either.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:50 pm

No. It just doesn't look good, and it's an insult to the name Metal Gear. Plus Raiden sucks.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:22 pm

^^ Not a valid reason to hate it.

You played as Raiden and used a sword in MGS2 as well.
Trying something new isn't a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Raiden was shit in MGS2. Thank God, Kojima didn't force us to play as him in MGS4.

Trying something new isn't a bad idea. But making it into a mindless hack & slash game is a step backwards to the franchise, considering the genre it's known for.

This is all an attempt to milk the the franchise for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 pm

"This is all an attempt to milk the franchise for what it's worth"
Are you fucking kidding me?
They haven't even released a Metal Gear game on consoles for like four years, how is this milking.
It's a spin-off, end of story, it has absolutely nothing to do with the main series.
I think that some of you got a little to attached to the stealth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Dude, If I wanted to play a hack & slash game, I would get God of War: Ascension instead. They're both coming almost the same time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Mecha, have you even played a Platinum Games title? Play something like Bayonetta or MadWorld and tell me it's anything like God of War. They may be in the same genre, but they're pretty different gameplay-wise.

I don't see how Revengeance is milking either. There are HOW many fucking Metal Gear games? Probably like ten or something. And NOW they're milking it, because Revengeance isn't stealth. No, they've always been milking it, but you're mad because they're changing up the formula to do something else with the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:27 pm

I ain't mad.

It's just you guys can't seem get off my ass every time I share my lack of interest on this game.

Also I never said Revengeance will be a lot like God of War. I'm sure they're both going to be very different. But the true is, most people are still going to see them as just stealth games, which they are. Not everyone is going to be able to afford both games, so they'll only pick one.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Okay but that has nothing to do with the game's quality. It's just the way the market will work.

Besides, you said, "Dude, If I wanted to play a hack & slash game, I would get God of War: Ascension instead. They're both coming almost the same time anyway." I just assumed that you meant that God of War: Ascension would give you the same experience. Of course, you could be saying that God of War: Ascension will be a better experience, but then you could say that about any game ever. Why buy God of War: Ascension? If I wanted to play a hack n' slash game, I would get Darksiders II.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 pm

No. Both games offer something different. It's all about what experience you prefer the most. Also Darksiders II isn't coming out the same time as Ascension or Revengeance, so yeah...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next