Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game

Go down 
+6
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
Angelus
Mecha
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Mecha wrote:
No. It just doesn't look good, and it's an insult to the name Metal Gear. Plus Raiden sucks.

Mecha wrote:
Raiden was shit in MGS2. Thank God, Kojima didn't force us to play as him in MGS4.

Trying something new isn't a bad idea. But making it into a mindless hack & slash game is a step backwards to the franchise, considering the genre it's known for.

This is all an attempt to milk the the franchise for what it's worth.
Its funny how many times I hear someone say that Raiden is shit/gay/faggot/bitch but they love Metal Gear Solid 2.

So different = bad? Does that mean Metal Gear Acid games suck too?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:01 am

I was talking about the gameplay.

I played Metal Gear Acid before, but I really don't remember the game that much.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 am

Just going by your standards since Acid games are a turn-based collectible card game on PSP.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 am

As far as I remember, Metal Gear Acid still had a lot of stealth elements, and you still got to play with Solid Snake.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:26 am

Mecha wrote:
As far as I remember, Metal Gear Acid still had a lot of stealth elements, and you still got to play with Solid Snake.
Yes but it played completely different to what the franchise is known for.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 am

Yeah but a hack & slash? At least a tactical turn-based isn't too far off.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:08 am

I don't see how a tactical turn-based game is any closer than a hack n' slash. I mean look, I couldn't care less if you're interested in Revengeance or not, but I don't buy your whole "It's not Metal Gear" argument.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 am

Play Metal Gear Acid and you will see.

Also it's not Metal Gear in the sense that everything you love about the franchise isn't in the game. I mean, I can't get my Metal Gear fix with Revengeance.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 am

I'm sick of you sparking debate about reavengeance mecha, i'm putting your warning on 50% and you're banned next time.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:00 am

Butt-hurt much? Not surprised considering you're looking forward to the game.

It's funny because I didn't even start this debate. Every time I say something negative about Revengeance, you guys are quick to bitch at me.

You might as well just ban me and lock this thread, because I not going to stop giving my thoughts on the game.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 am

There is still a load of untold stories regarding both Big Boss and Solid Snake, hopefully it's more like Snake Eater, loved the survival aspects of it, and actual proper stealth, using real camouflage and having to rely on heart beat sensors, sonar, eye sight etc. Actually, a bit of a contradiction incoming.

Late 90's, Zanzibar land, Snake v Big Boss, Gray Fox etc.

A remake/re-boot of Metal Gear 2 but with the backstory of how Snake came to join FoxHound for the newbies, essentially re-capping Metal Gear 1.

Make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:29 am

Stoney wrote:
There is still a load of untold stories regarding both Big Boss and Solid Snake, hopefully it's more like Snake Eater, loved the survival aspects of it, and actual proper stealth, using real camouflage and having to rely on heart beat sensors, sonar, eye sight etc. Actually, a bit of a contradiction incoming.

Late 90's, Zanzibar land, Snake v Big Boss, Gray Fox etc.

A remake/re-boot of Metal Gear 2 but with the backstory of how Snake came to join FoxHound for the newbies, essentially re-capping Metal Gear 1.

Make it happen.

I agree with everything you said completely, however I would also expand on that list to include a possible game set between the events of MGS 2 and MGS 4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:21 am

Mecha wrote:
Butt-hurt much? Not surprised considering you're looking forward to the game.

It's funny because I didn't even start this debate. Every time I say something negative about Revengeance, you guys are quick to bitch at me.

You might as well just ban me and lock this thread, because I not going to stop giving my thoughts on the game.
The title of the thread is "Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game." You're not starting a debate? Gimme a break.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:28 am

:areyoufuckingk

That's what Kojima basically said. It's all there in the article. Sorry I wasn't being more specific. Sue me.

Also I am not the one who brought up Revengeance in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:30 am

Yeah, I'm sure you were just quoting what Kojima said. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 am

If I quoted Kojima, you guys will still bitch about it anyway. So it doesn't matter either way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game   Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solid Snake to return in the next REAL Metal Gear game
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2