Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What I really think of Mass Effect

Go down 
+10
Based Sonji
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
Chobo
The Enkindler
Orc
RamboOnRedBull
2Sugoi2Die
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

What I really think of Mass Effect StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

What I really think of Mass Effect Empty
PostSubject: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:28 am

Please note that what I'm about to say is totally my opinion and you shouldn't be offended.

Honestly, I think Mass Effect isn't that good of a game. Yeah, it has this great story and characters but the gameplay is subpar. I understand half you dudes love Bioware and want to have its babies because they make good shit... well sometimes.

Lets start off with choices. Choices are pretty much black and white, wanna be a dick or a pussy? How come I can't be an asshole and shit on everything? The only game that got this choice shit down is the fucking Sims. I would totally buy the next game if you can choose to not give a single fuck about the earth and just go to a strip club.

The combat in the game is super lame because you just solve everything by shooting and the powers / abilities are just an after thought. Honestly you only gave a shit about powers and abilities when your sex machine leveled up and after that you just don't give a fawk. What the fuck is up with these chest high walls? Did ikea have a fucking sale and Bioware was like "Oh hell yeah! we can fill our game with chest high walls!!!". Its pretty much the entire world design... CHEST HIGH WALLS EVERYWHERE!!! Story is good right? Thats whats gaming is about right? Story? Is it just me or does look like all characters move around like robots?

One thing I would also like to talk about... Mass Effect 3 online. That FARKING multiplayer trailer didn't say much other than "LOOK YOU CAN PLAY AS A MAN IN A SPACE SUIT! oh and some aliens too...". Getting hyped over two minutes of basically nothing. I dunno where the online is gonna but I beat its gonna suck... just like it single player.

I do expect a great game from Bioware... nah its gonna suck because it has a 3 at the end and it is pretty much washed over gameplay just like the Uncharted series.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

What I really think of Mass Effect Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:31 am

What I really think of Padders opinion:...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 am

Firstly I agree about the choices being black or white but some of these choices can be the difference between people living or dying and you get other effects as well, like it affects the loyalty of people you know. One of your decisions can make you fall out of favor with people. There are some interesting choices so I'm not criticizing at all.

Seriously? The combats intense. I was often trying to be tactical, thinking about what advantage I'd get at any given time with whatever power. I'd alternate with bullet kinds and shit like that too. It had great combat even from the start and only gets better as you upgrade and learn more shit.

Chest high walls? Who gives a fuck?

We don't need much from a teaser of online. We know the single player is incredible and bioware is a good company. Therefore we'll know online will be decent at least.

Lastly, it is nothing like the Uncharted series.... UC games can be constantly pushed out when ND think of new storylines, kinda like a tv show.

Mass Effect is massive. We knew from the start that Mass Effect would be a trilogy. Stop trying to find any tiny thing to criticize. This was thought out. The third game was inevitible. The story is incomplete but should be completed with this game.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 9:37 am

I respectfully disagree, but I respect your opinion.
However, I do agree with the online part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

What I really think of Mass Effect 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 9:52 am

I'm sorta in the same boat as you padders. I don't really like Mass Effect, but I will respect that it's a good game, and people really like it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:02 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree with what chobo said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

What I really think of Mass Effect XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:05 am

Mass Effect sucks. Factual.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

What I really think of Mass Effect R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:34 am

Uncharted 3 was the best in the series so far. A lot of third installments turn out great, unlike in movies.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:34 am

Quote :
Honestly, I think Mass Effect isn't that good of a game. Yeah, it has this great story and characters but the gameplay is subpar. I understand half you dudes love Bioware and want to have its babies because they make good shit... well sometimes.

I disrespectfully disagree.

Quote :
Lets start off with choices. Choices are pretty much black and white, wanna be a dick or a pussy? How come I can't be an asshole and shit on everything? The only game that got this choice shit down is the fucking Sims. I would totally buy the next game if you can choose to not give a single fuck about the earth and just go to a strip club.

Mass Effect is an RPG/shooter hybrid. And you play the role as Commander Shepard. So ofcourse you can't just ignore the reaper threat when you're the only that activated the beacon and Eden Prime (besides Saren, ofcourse).

They usually give you 3 options on the dialogue wheel. Paragon, Renegade, and Neutral. Paragon/Renegade isn't as black and white as you say it is. Being Renegade isn't always about being a dick. Renegade Shepard wants to get the job down, at all costs. There are many instances in ME1 and ME2 where you actually benefit from performing renegade actions. In ME2 for example, you can choose to kill Captain Cathka when he's turned around. Once he's dead he can't fully repair the gunship that Shepard and company will have to fight later on in that mission. Paragon on the other hand, is for the people that want to be sympathetic and herioc. I don't understand people who choose only the Paragon options and vice versa. The choices are there for a reason. You don't need maxed out Paragon/Renegade to save people in ME1/ME2. In ME1 there was a loyalty quest for Wrex where you recover some family artifact. If you complete it you can save Wrex without even needing to perform Paragon/Renegade. In ME2, you don't need everyone's loyalty to keep everyone alive during the Suicide Mission. but anyways I digress...

Quote :
The combat in the game is super lame because you just solve everything by shooting and the powers / abilities are just an after thought. Honestly you only gave a shit about powers and abilities when your sex machine leveled up and after that you just don't give a fawk. What the fuck is up with these chest high walls? Did ikea have a fucking sale and Bioware was like "Oh hell yeah! we can fill our game with chest high walls!!!". Its pretty much the entire world design... CHEST HIGH WALLS EVERYWHERE!!! Story is good right? Thats whats gaming is about right? Story? Is it just me or does look like all characters move around like robots?

What? Powers and abilities in ME2 make a world of a difference. The major differences between a lot of the classes comes down to powers. Hell, in ME2 the only thing you COULD upgrade WERE powers. If you seriously think powers don't mean anything in the game, then you're either not playing the game right or you're playing as a fucking Soldier.

Quote :
One thing I would also like to talk about... Mass Effect 3 online. That FARKING multiplayer trailer didn't say much other than "LOOK YOU CAN PLAY AS A MAN IN A SPACE SUIT! oh and some aliens too...". Getting hyped over two minutes of basically nothing. I dunno where the online is gonna but I beat its gonna suck... just like it single player.

If you didn't know, ME3 MP co-op plays like Gears of War's horde mode. Where there are waves of enemies and objectives that you must complete. The leveling system is similar to that of the one in single player, where you can upgrade powers and abilities. It's pretty fun, but I'm not gonna lie. I'm more interested in the single-player part of the game.

Quote :
I do expect a great game from Bioware... nah its gonna suck because it has a 3 at the end and it is pretty much washed over gameplay just like the Uncharted series.

Aussies are weird.

/case dismissed.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:38 am

^^

I agree with you about the choices part. I remember being nice throughout the whole game and then murdering that black guy's father because I thought he was a huge dick.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 pm

After playing the demo, I will have to agree with the characters acting like and moving like robots part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:50 pm

BioWare should use the motion capture technology for Mass Effect 4, like Naughty Dog does.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
BioWare should use the motion capture technology for Mass Effect 4, like Naughty Dog does.

Naughty Dog doesn't use motion capture as much as you think they do.

They combined multiple animations at once to create a smooth look to the way the characters move. It's called animation blending.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

What I really think of Mass Effect 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
Uncharted 3 was the best in the series so far. A lot of third installments turn out great, unlike in movies.

How is uncharted relevant here?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Azazel wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Because Padders mentions it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
Azazel wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Don't even try making comparisons with Uncharted and Mass Effect. They aren't alike at all.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Never was going too...
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

What I really think of Mass Effect 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Remember back in 2010 fanboys were comparing Uncharted and Mass Effect?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Chobo wrote:
Remember back in 2010 fanboys were comparing Uncharted and Mass Effect?

Yea it was the most retarded thing ever. Literally the only thing they had in common was their metascores.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Equestria

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Mecha wrote:
Azazel wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Mecha wrote:

As Alan put it, you seem as though you were more concerned with comparing both rather then referring to the actual topic that Padders ranted about.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:41 pm

I wasn't comparing. I was just saying it would be cool if Mass Effect 4 had the same motion tech as Uncharted is all.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Equestria

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Mecha wrote:
I wasn't comparing. I was just saying it would be cool if Mass Effect 4 had the same motion tech as Uncharted is all.

Well technically that would be drawing a comparison and making a statement about it, and even then it wasn't really about the stuff Padders was referring to, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Now that I think about it, I can see why it can be seen as a comparison. I didn't mean to compare the two, I was just using Uncharted as an example because the characters in Mass Effect 3 do move like robots. But still, I apologize for that statement I made. Now lets get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:26 pm

"move like robots"

You're exaggerating quite a bit..and you're going off into comparisons again. The more static feel to the way the characters move helps give it the twitchy game style that the developers intended. The gameplay isn't suppose to be cinematic and scripted.

Fuck the topic anyways. This isn't even a real rant. None of what Padders said was right and there is hardly any room for discussion.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:30 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
"move like robots"

You're exaggerating quite a bit..and you're going off into comparisons again. The more static feel to the way the characters move helps give it the twitchy game style that the developers intended. The gameplay isn't suppose to be cinematic and scripted.

Seriously.....?

I think you're drinking too much bioware koolaid if you're going to actually defend robotic character movements and voices.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I really think of Mass Effect   What I really think of Mass Effect I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I really think of Mass Effect
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next