Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

New Composer For Mass Effect 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

New Composer For Mass Effect 3 Empty
PostSubject: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:57 am

It has been announced that Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 composer Jack Wall will not be completing the trilogy and that a replacement for Mass Effect 3 has already been found. Taking the helm for the final part is Clint Mansell.

Before I heard about Clint Mansell's appointment I was thinking about what composers I would like to see making the soundtrack based off their previous work.

My personal favourite choice would have to be John Murphy based off his soundtrack for the movie Sunshine. His music was very stirring emotionally and it fit with the space theme of the movie beautifully.

The one track that stood out was Adagio In D Minor (Surface of the Sun) which has also been used in the movie Kick-Ass and in the TV series The Walking Dead.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:57 pm

HELL YEAH.

CLINT MANSELL. FUCKING AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Jack Wall was amazing with ME1 and ME2's soundtrack...I have a feeling ME3's soundtrack will be so different than ME1 and ME2's that it won't even remotely sound like Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Jack Wall was amazing with ME1 and ME2's soundtrack...I have a feeling ME3's soundtrack will be so different than ME1 and ME2's that it won't even remotely sound like Mass Effect.

It's going to sound better 8)
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:

No I don't want it to sound "better". I want it to sound like Mass Effect. I'd be disappointed if it fucking sounded like a Modern Warfare game or some shit.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Oh man, the music's deep.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:56 am

NoelX2 wrote:
Oh man, the music's deep.

Are you referring to what I posted?

If not then ignore this response, but somebody did a remix of that song that I think has certain Mass Effect traits.

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 am

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:

No I don't want it to sound "better". I want it to sound like Mass Effect. I'd be disappointed if it fucking sounded like a Modern Warfare game or some shit.

It's Clint Mansell.... It CAN'T sound like CoD...
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:17 pm

Let's hope it will just give the same effect/atmospheric feel as the other composer.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Be amazed.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:57 am

I found this whilst browsing through some ME2 videos on youtube.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Composer For Mass Effect 3   New Composer For Mass Effect 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Composer For Mass Effect 3
Page 1 of 1