Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U

Go down 
+5
Archduke
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
Chobo
yonny616
9 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:09 am

I hope this doesn't become a reality. They won't get ME1 because it's owned by Microsoft and I doubt EA will bother porting ME2 after 2 years of release. Unless they create a interactive comic like they did for ME2 on PS3.
Quote :
While an official announcement regarding the appearance of the Mass Effect franchise on Nintendo’s upcoming next-generation console has been disappointingly absent, the constant circulation of rumours have been lent some credibility by a categorisation choice on EA’s official media extranet. The extranet, which is designed to give members of the media access to official assets and press releases, claims that Mass Effect 3 will be available on PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and “Next Gen” platforms.

It doesn’t mean much by itself, but considering the company’s past reluctance to outright confirm or deny the idea of Mass Effect on Wii U, it could preface a future announcement. Some of you may remember that Mass Effect 2 was accidentally listed as a PS3 game on the EA Russia website in advance of its announcement on that platform; could this be a similar situation, a minor slip-up, or just completely misinterpreted? We probably won’t know for sure until EA put out an official statement.
http://zcint.co.uk/article/mass-effect-3-could-be-headed-to-wii-u
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 am

That sounds incredibly stupid. but Knowing EA, they would.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:02 am

Sounds like a great idea. The game is already filled with retarded casual gimmicks. Releasing it on a casual console will make perfect sense. Nice to see my favorite developer selling out.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:17 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Sounds like a great idea. The game is already filled with retarded casual gimmicks. Releasing it on a casual console will make perfect sense. Nice to see my favorite developer selling out.

You're sounding unbelievably harsh on a game that hasn't been released yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:24 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

Wii U won't be casual you douche.

@teckno, just ignore him. He's still mad that EA bought Bioware instead of MS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:38 am

Duke wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

Wii U will be casual, don't kid yourself.

And to this topic,
Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U Tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:43 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Duke wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

Wii U will be casual, don't kid yourself.

And to this topic,
Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U Tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b

yeah, it just doesn't make much sense. Why port ME3 over? They won't be able to get any decisions from the previous ME's to affect ME3. They are stuck with the default story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Duke wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

Reaper is right you are the pure definition of fail.

I don't give a fuck who bought Bioware, they were great before 2011. This year however it's painfully obvious Bioware is not the same.

Quote :
You're sounding unbelievably harsh on a game that hasn't been released yet.

Try not to sound fucking harsh when your favorite developer sells out.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:25 pm

It's not Bioware that's selling out. EA probably forced them to put that shit in the game. And before you say "they shouldn't have sold themselves to EA", that wasn't their choice either. EA bought out their former parent company whom also own pandemic. Man I hate EA, but I love their developers.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:01 pm

So it'll be released on the Wii-U with an interactive comic, just like all copies of ME 3 will ship with, just incase you never played the previous two, what's the big deal?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Well, apparently you sell out on your hardcore fanbase because any game on a Nintendo console is automatically shit.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Teckno wrote:
Well, apparently you sell out on your hardcore fanbase because any game on a Nintendo console is automatically shit.

Why bother arguing when you don't even get the point?

1.) I was calling Bioware sell outs for a collection of reasons. It was already bad enough that ME3 was going to have Kinect features...Now they're adding multiplayer co-op that DOES affect single-player. They're obviously adding all this gimmicky shit this late to the franchise to introduce "newcomers" (AKA fragheads/casuals) to the series.

2.) While you could argue the last Nintendo console was fucking garbage, that's not what I'm getting at. Releasing ME3 without any of the other Mass Effect games is fucking retarded and goes against everything the series once stood for. It's suppose to be a 3-part sci-fi Epic.

They're completely alienating their original fans at this point. How do you guys not see this as a parallel to Dragon Age 2's failure?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:

1.) I was calling Bioware sell outs for a collection of reasons. It was already bad enough that ME3 was going to have Kinect features...Now they're adding multiplayer co-op that DOES affect single-player. They're obviously adding all this gimmicky shit this late to the franchise to introduce "newcomers" (AKA fragheads/casuals) to the series.

2.) While you could argue the last Nintendo console was fucking garbage, that's not what I'm getting at. Releasing ME3 without any of the other Mass Effect games is fucking retarded and goes against everything the series once stood for. It's suppose to be a 3-part sci-fi Epic.

They're completely alienating their original fans at this point. How do you guys not see this as a parallel to Dragon Age 2's failure?

I do get the point. I simply just don't see them as good points.

1) Kinect features are optional. I personally think, infact, a lot of people think that Co-Op could potentially be amazing. And multiplayer co-op effects the singleplayer to a very small extent. It will be easier to get sp and the best outcome with multiplayer, but both are still entirely possible with plain old single player. You're acting like they are changing the whole damn experience. And who cares if the fragheads/casuals come? The worst that can happen is you get a bad co-op partner.

2) I don't recall you making a big stink over Mass Effect 2 coming over to the PS3. Plus, how does it effect your individual experience? It doesn't! You still had the 3-part scifi epic you want.

Last edited by Teckno on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:34 pm

It really doesn't matter.... The Kinect features and the Co-Op experience is so miniscule it doesn't even matter. As long as the game is good then it doesn't matter. Also, who cares if they're trying to reach to a greater audience? Alan of all people should be happy that his favorite developer is going to receive more sales.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Teckno wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:

1) Kinect features are optional. I personally think, infact, a lot of people think that Co-Op could potentially be amazing. And multiplayer co-op effects the singleplayer to a very small extent. It will be easier to get sp and the best outcome with multiplayer, but both are still entirely possible with plain old single player. You're acting like they are changing the whole damn experience. And who cares if the fragheads/casuals come? The worst that can happen is you get a bad co-op partner.

2) I don't recall you making a big stink over Mass Effect 2 coming over to the PS3. Plus, how does it effect your individual experience? It doesn't! You still had the 3-part scifi epic you want.

1) The Kinect feature is an unneeded gimmick and a waste of development time. "Multiplayer co-op effects the singleplayer to a very small extent." Yaaaaa no...Bioware basically said that depending on how well you do in those multiplayer co-op missions the outcome could change drastically. That's not a "very small extent." It would not be a big deal if the co-op missions rewarded you with new weapons and armor, but it is if it will directly affect the outcome. The fragheads/casuals are basically what will ruin this series and turn it into your typical shooter. That's what Mass Effect fans were worried about since ME2 released and showed signs of drastic streamlining.

2) At first, I bitched about ME2 coming to the PS3 for the same exact reason. However, ME2 was already released so a potential PS3 version wouldn't have affected ME3's game design. ME1 had only like 6 major decisions and very few side missions carried over to ME2, so I didn't think it was big deal. Deciding to put the LAST game of the Mass Effect trilogy for the Wii U is an even worse decision, especially if it means that they will develop ME3 with the mindset that many people didn't play the previous Mass Effect games. ME2 didn't have many ME1 references at all. With Wii U jumping aboard this late there will hardly be any ME2 or ME1 references. The trilogy was designed from the beginning so that your decisions matter all the way through. A fucking 15 minute comic won't be enough to clue in Wii U owners and they'll definitely skip a bunch of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:42 pm

^^

Then don't play Co-Op? Play it SP. Other people's saves won't affect yours.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Jesus Christ...Why is it so hard to understand that if co-op will affect the outcome then it means the single player game design was altered to include co-op.

People don't like co-op because it's going to change the game design. Instead of it being about what you do it will be about grinding in the co-op modes.

I'm saying Bioware shouldn't be spending there time on these unnecessary and unwanted gimmicks. I don't expect you or Teckno to understand considered you guys are part of that newcomers crowd.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:39 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Jesus Christ...Why is it so hard to understand that if co-op will affect the outcome then it means the single player game design was altered to include co-op.

People don't like co-op because it's going to change the game design. Instead of it being about what you do it will be about grinding in the co-op modes.

I'm saying Bioware shouldn't be spending there time on these unnecessary and unwanted gimmicks. I don't expect you or Teckno to understand considered you guys are part of that newcomers crowd.

That's not exactly correct, MP is an alternate way to up your "galactic readiness" in SP, if you skip the MP altogether you can still get the same experience. MP can be irrelevant if you want it.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:58 am

Stoney wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

That's not exactly correct, MP is an alternate way to up your "galactic readiness" in SP, if you skip the MP altogether you can still get the same experience. MP can be irrelevant if you want it.

Yeah I think you are probably right. But there is no way of knowing yet. We can't be sure of how they are implementing it into the game. Perhaps it will affect single player in some way... Perhaps not. Just have to wait and see. The only thing I'm concerned about is if they spent too much time focusing on multiplayer and the game feels a bit unpolished as a result.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Okay if Bioware says how well you do in those co-op missions "directly affects the outcome" then I don't think they mean it'll be small stuff like extra weapons and armor.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:

1) The Kinect feature is an unneeded gimmick and a waste of development time. "Multiplayer co-op effects the singleplayer to a very small extent." Yaaaaa no...Bioware basically said that depending on how well you do in those multiplayer co-op missions the outcome could change drastically. That's not a "very small extent." It would not be a big deal if the co-op missions rewarded you with new weapons and armor, but it is if it will directly affect the outcome. The fragheads/casuals are basically what will ruin this series and turn it into your typical shooter. That's what Mass Effect fans were worried about since ME2 released and showed signs of drastic streamlining.

2) At first, I bitched about ME2 coming to the PS3 for the same exact reason. However, ME2 was already released so a potential PS3 version wouldn't have affected ME3's game design. ME1 had only like 6 major decisions and very few side missions carried over to ME2, so I didn't think it was big deal. Deciding to put the LAST game of the Mass Effect trilogy for the Wii U is an even worse decision, especially if it means that they will develop ME3 with the mindset that many people didn't play the previous Mass Effect games. ME2 didn't have many ME1 references at all. With Wii U jumping aboard this late there will hardly be any ME2 or ME1 references. The trilogy was designed from the beginning so that your decisions matter all the way through. A fucking 15 minute comic won't be enough to clue in Wii U owners and they'll definitely skip a bunch of stuff.

The Kinect feature maybe an uneeded gimmick to you, but who the fuck cares. They would obviously extend development time to get them implemented without holding back other important features of the game.

Bro, you're obviously exaggerating because this is what Bioware said THEMSELVES about the multiplayer effecting the single player.

"Why did you decide not to include it as a part of the main campaign?
Our priority and focus with Mass Effect 3 has and always will be to deliver a complete and satisfying single player experience.

Does the addition of co-op multiplayer missions impact the scope or quality of the single-player experience?
No. A dedicated team from our recently formed BioWare Montreal studio has been focused on creating the multiplayer game features while the main game continued to be developed by the team in BioWare Edmonton. Both teams are integrated under the same leadership group that produced Mass Effect 1 and 2, led by Casey Hudson. BioWare remains dedicated to delivering one of the most amazing single-player campaigns gamers have ever experienced.

How did developing multiplayer impact the single player game?
BioWare is dedicated and focused on delivering an engaging, fun, and action-packed experience for Mass Effect 3, one that lives up the BioWare standard. To reach that level of quality, last year BioWare opened a studio in Montreal that is home to designers, programmers, engineers, and other developers. Both studios work together as partners, lead by the core Mass Effect team, unified in a single vision. Under the direction of Casey Hudson and other team veterans, both studios make contributions to both the single player and multiplayer modes in Mass Effect 3. Rest assured that no compromises were made to either of these modes in the development of Mass Effect 3."

I take Bioware's word instead of your's.
Your whole frag head logic things is stupid. You don't want multiplayer, so I'm assuming you won't play it, why why the hell do you care? And multiplayer is usually always streamlined. There are PLENTY of games that go out to satisfy they hardcore gamers and the casuals, which they successfully do.

And so what if the Wii players don't get the experience? They know what they're buying themselves in for when they see Mass Effect THREE. And for those who want to get the experience, they will probably end up playing the first two on other platforms. So it doesn't really fuckin matter or not if the Wii U gamers get their fun.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 pm

IDK, MAYBE I am overreacting about the co-op stuff if it is entirely separate from the campaign.

But it's fucking stupid how they think the last game in the story is the perfect time for newcomers to jump in.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 pm

I do agree that it was inconsistent of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U   Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 Could be headed to Wii-U
Page 1 of 1