Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in

Go down 
+15
Jones
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
Chobo
Shigdig
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
Mecha
CernaMLD
TheJubJub5721
Orc
igame
Based Sonji
ghost23
The Enkindler
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:28 pm

TRF wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Anyways. A 91 metacritic= Noice as far as I'm concerned.
You wouldn't say that if it was Uncharted.

No actually a 91 is a bit more realistic for Uncharted 3. I got mad about UC2's metascore not because I thought the score was underwhelming but because the game was overly praised.

The game isn't anywhere near as great as the critics thought it was. It's not a fanboy thing because it was literally the first PS3 game I bought with my new PS3. And it was underwhelming to say the least. So underwhelming that I felt obligated to rant about it =].

Anyways, this isn't about Uncharted, it's about Gears. If you wanna debate with me about MY opinion (which is lol-tastic because you'd lose everytime) PM me instead of going off-topic That goes for everyone of you too. If you want an off-topic debate please resort to PMs instead of forcing me to lock the thread.

Now go turn on your PS3 and watch a dozen movies off of Netflix like you always do =].

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:43 pm

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:23 pm

But I liek watching movies Sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jones
Villager
Villager
Jones

Stature : 5
USA
Playing : If I say so.

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm only in it for Anya.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TRF wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Anyways. A 91 metacritic= Noice as far as I'm concerned.
You wouldn't say that if it was Uncharted.

No actually a 91 is a bit more realistic for Uncharted 3. I got mad about UC2's metascore not because I thought the score was underwhelming but because the game was overly praised.

The game isn't anywhere near as great as the critics thought it was. It's not a fanboy thing because it was literally the first PS3 game I bought with my new PS3. And it was underwhelming to say the least. So underwhelming that I felt obligated to rant about it =].

Anyways, this isn't about Uncharted, it's about Gears. If you wanna debate with me about MY opinion (which is lol-tastic because you'd lose everytime) PM me instead of going off-topic That goes for everyone of you too. If you want an off-topic debate please resort to PMs instead of forcing me to lock the thread.

Now go turn on your PS3 and watch a dozen movies off of Netflix like you always do =].

The reason you probably felt underwhelmed is because you heard so many great and awesome things about it that you probably expect the best game in the world.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:38 pm

At least yonny understands me. YES. I bought it first because of all the hype surrounding it. When the game came out it was being raved as the best fucking game of the decade. That shit was ridiculous.

Keep in mind, this is practically the only reason I ranted about it. Not because it's a bad game but because all the hype surrounding it made it sound like the perfect game. It's still a solid 80-85 in my book.

Everyone keeps taking this the wrong way though. It feels like everyone is just too stubborn to believe that an exclusive can't be hated/disliked unless you are a fanboy of the competition. Keep that shit on youtube people. We don't need it here.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Quote from some dude on gametrailers.com

i lol'ed

Quote :
Ya' know, I just can't get into this kind of Wrestlemania style hyper-macho, pissing contest bullshit. I don't have a problem with the gameplay, but the characters and the story are the worst kind of crap. Granted, the only game in the series that I've played is the first one, but it bored me to tears.I find it depressing to think that there might actually be someone out there who can identify with these brainless, one-dimensional, my-gun-is-bigger-than-you type characters.Combine that with the fact that the game's visual style incorporates every color of dirt imaginable, without so much as a single interesting or inspired object in the game, I can't begin to imagine what sort of troglodyte would give this game a pass, let alone such a high score
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 am

Seriously what's so good about the Gears games?

Everything I've seen/read about it doesn't make it appealing to me and all my 360 friends hate it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:24 am

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 10039102
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:29 am

^^

It's funny how suitable that image is to Gears 3's score....
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:27 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

It's funny how suitable that image is to Gears 3's score....
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:17 am

huh. Not surprised that this forum turned a Gears of War 3 review thread into an Uncharted vs Gears contest. Don't forget that Gears won the TPS countdown so kiss my ass.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:35 am

ghost23 wrote:
huh. Not surprised that this forum turned a Gears of War 3 review thread into an Uncharted vs Gears contest. Don't forget that Gears won the TPS countdown so kiss my ass.
360 exclusive thread + Mecha = console war
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:55 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
360 exclusive thread + Mecha = console war

console war hahahah Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 457301478

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 1071780-1267565871-11032731203566373PCMasterRace2
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Anyone else that mentions Uncharted 3 will be given a 5 day ban no warnings. Seriously stay on topic.

CernaMLD wrote:
Seriously what's so good about the Gears games?

Everything I've seen/read about it doesn't make it appealing to me and all my 360 friends hate it.

You could always play the game and find out. There were a lot of games I use to stay away from because of what other people say about them.

Last edited by Old_Spice_Guy on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:03 pm

^^^^

You know someone will and then moan about it. Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Stoney wrote:
^^^^

You know someone will and then moan about it. Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 725796345

I'm just itching to ban someone for it. And you know it's going to be the SAME people that always bring it up.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:09 pm

If anyone hasn't played Gears before, they should.

It's not my type of game, and I CERTAINLY don't like them myself, but I'll admit so much that they ARE quality games, even though they're a tad too generic for my taste Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:20 pm

The only thing that you could possibly find generic about Gears 3 is the storyline, but that's basically because nearly every shooter have similar plots.

I'm dying to play the game but I'm too busy next week to get around to it. I really want to try Beast Mode.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
The only thing that you could possibly find generic about Gears 3 is the storyline, but that's basically because nearly every shooter have similar plots.

I'm dying to play the game but I'm too busy next week to get around to it. I really want to try Beast Mode.

Well, that's the thing, I'm a HUGE film guy, which means a storyline is important to me, and so is Character development, which frankly, the characters in Gears are pretty cheesy and corny :/

Yeah, Beast mode should be AWESOME to say the least Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:34 pm

I heard the character development was drastically improved in the sequel. At least that was the impression I got from some of the reviews.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Gears 3 looks beast. One of my friends is staying home from school all week to play it. Too bad I don't have a 360 Sad I'm so jelly rite now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
I heard the character development was drastically improved in the sequel. At least that was the impression I got from some of the reviews.

I hope it is, I got tired of the same cheesy jokes after the ending of Gears 1. Though I must admit, I do enjoy the story of Marcus' search for his father, I really think they implemented that the right way :)
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:08 pm

I've played Gear of War 1 & 2, but it's not my type of game. The Characters feel heavy as hell and they're hard to turn when you run.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Most critics said the MP and Co-op were highlights. Can't disagree, the co-op looks so fun.

LBP2 - 92. GoW3 - 91. @Alan Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Reviews are in   Gears of War 3 Reviews are in - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 3 Reviews are in
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next