Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GEARS 3 BETA

Go down 
+2
Orc
Stigma
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:06 pm

WHO'S IN THE BETA. I just finished my first match of TMD 9-2. Man I am such a beast. Retro Lancer, man that thing has some crazy recoil and the Gnasher is back in in all it's glory. No host, dedicated servers, man this is what Gears 2 should have been.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Sounds good though I was massively disappointed with Gears 2.

I like the colour though in Gears 3, Makes a change from the gray/black/white colour scheme Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

GEARS 3 BETA XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm

I thought it was good. I never really liked the Gears of War multiplayer, but this definitely improves on it a lot.

Unfortunately, it's not a big enough change to draw in fans who didn't like the first two.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:29 pm

TRF wrote:
I thought it was good. I never really liked the Gears of War multiplayer, but this definitely improves on it a lot.

Unfortunately, it's not a big enough change to draw in fans who didn't like the first two.

It's not meant to, Epic made it for the hardcore fans.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 pm

TRF wrote:

True :S Why don't people mix things about these days and add new features to games. Everything's just being regurgitated.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Longshot...OH MAN WHAT DID THEY DO!!!??????
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

GEARS 3 BETA XidKdMN
New York

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:29 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

I understand that and I have absolutely no issue with it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:36 pm

There's significant delay when doing an active reload, it's pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Can anyone get into the beta now or what?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Sonji wrote:
Can anyone get into the beta now or what?

Those who preordered Gears 3 got a code for it.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Shame we can't gameshare like in PSN :/

Then I could just steal the beta from TRF.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:46 pm

FUCK YEAH DUDE I JUST PLAYED THE BETA TODAY ITS FUCKING AWESOME. This might become my favorite game.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Sonji wrote:

Go to gamestop and preorder for 5 bucks and you'll get the code for the beta, if you don't like it just cancel the preorder.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

GEARS 3 BETA XidKdMN
New York

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Sonji wrote:

I don't have the beta. I played it at a friend's house.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:49 pm

My bro will be like playing it all day lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon. Everyone on the Gears forum is pissed about some of the new weapons. The Sawed-Off/Retro combo is really strong and doesn't take a lot of skill. Personally I like the retro, it's the hammerburst that I hate. I also hate the digger, that gun is so freaking cheap. I don't even understand how it works but as soon as I press RT they're dead, no skill. I miss the days of two people wall bouncing back and forth trying to nail the other with the gnasher. With the sawed off you can't do that, I mean it has no range but it's spread is fucking ridiculous. Also, the One Shot is cheap too. It's a long range instakill weapon. The game is somewhere between Gears 1 and 2. It's a hardcore game that feels like it's been casualized somewhat.

Good thing it's a beta.

EDIT: People I just realized something. The melee has been nerfed. That. Is. Fucking. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:06 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon. Everyone on the Gears forum is pissed about some of the new weapons. The Sawed-Off/Retro combo is really strong and doesn't take a lot of skill. Personally I like the retro, it's the hammerburst that I hate. I also hate the digger, that gun is so freaking cheap. I don't even understand how it works but as soon as I press RT they're dead, no skill. I miss the days of two people wall bouncing back and forth trying to nail the other with the gnasher. With the sawed off you can't do that, I mean it has no range but it's spread is fucking ridiculous. Also, the One Shot is cheap too. It's a long range instakill weapon. The game is somewhere between Gears 1 and 2. It's a hardcore game that feels like it's been casualized somewhat.

Good thing it's a beta.

EDIT: People I just realized something. The melee has been nerfed. That. Is. Fucking. Awesome.

Well Epic have specifically said that if you want wall-bouncing Gnasher play, go back to Gears 1 or 2. They designed Gears 3 so that there would be alternatives to every single weapon. All those people who are complaining about the different weapons are those who are unwilling to accept change from their beloved gnashers. With every weapon, there is a disadvantage, Sawed off has horrible range and only one shot with extremely long reload, Retro has horrible aiming and bayonet charge needs build up time, Lancer chainsaw now has start up time, so you just cant walk in front of someone, press B and get immediate chainsaw and Hammerburst has increased reload times.

The digger launcher is a grenade that goes through the ground and explodes when it has traveled as far as it can go. Alternatively, you can launch the digger into someone and the grenade will blow up in them.
Oneshot isn't really that cheap, its hard to use. Heavy weapon reduces your mobility and sight so all you have to do is roadie run and they will not be able to keep their sights on you.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:58 pm

That's why they need a classic or old school gametype.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:20 am

All they need to do IMO is weaken the retro lancer and the sawed off. And the map old town is a campfest.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm

I have to say, it is fun.
But I hate the ink grenades.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:17 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Well Epic have specifically said that if you want wall-bouncing Gnasher play, go back to Gears 1 or 2. They designed Gears 3 so that there would be alternatives to every single weapon.

You know, now that I think about it. That's kinda just a big "fuck you" to the hardcore fans of the first from Epic. People loved the first because of it's shotgun play but barely anyone's gonna keep playing the first when Gears 3 comes out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GEARS 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS 3 BETA   GEARS 3 BETA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GEARS 3 BETA
Page 1 of 1