Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"

Go down 
+13
BioDemon
Stoney
igame
yonny616
Franko
ghost23
Jack the Spectre
Orc
Archduke
Based Sonji
Shigdig
TheJubJub5721
RamboOnRedBull
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:03 am

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
Ehh.. it is much more convenient. Chances are you will have the need to talk to someone at some point while they're playing a different game to you and you shouldn't really have to resort to sending them messages.

It's not that much needed by a lot of people. The only ones praising it is 360 gamers, no-one else really gives a fuck :/

I wouldn't say it's that convenient. I mean, if I wanted to chat with my friends i'll just text them...or better...i'll just hang out with them instead of playing a game...

I'm pretty sure that you don't know all of your PSN/XBL friends on a personal level. I mean, it's difficult for me to hang out with someone like TRF since opposite sides of the world. Just saying...
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:10 am

ghost23 wrote:
RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
Ehh.. it is much more convenient. Chances are you will have the need to talk to someone at some point while they're playing a different game to you and you shouldn't really have to resort to sending them messages.

It's not that much needed by a lot of people. The only ones praising it is 360 gamers, no-one else really gives a fuck :/

I wouldn't say it's that convenient. I mean, if I wanted to chat with my friends i'll just text them...or better...i'll just hang out with them instead of playing a game...

I'm pretty sure that you don't know all of your PSN/XBL friends on a personal level. I mean, it's difficult for me to hang out with someone like TRF since opposite sides of the world. Just saying...

Like I said...i'll just text them instead....
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:52 am

So much for being able to do anything. Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 3128676713

Think they should get a new motto, It Only Does Everything is getting dreary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:35 am

Teckno wrote:
So much for being able to do anything. Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 3128676713

Think they should get a new motto, It Only Does Everything is getting dreary.
But, It Only Does Everything, even being a Grill Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:53 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^

You give everyone you meet online your number? Smart.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:46 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
RamboOnRedbull wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^

You give everyone you meet online your number? Smart.

lolwut? Ok, I HONESTLY don't know if you're just trolling or being dumb, but either way I don't care.

There's a feature on ps3 where you can text with people NO MATTER WHICH GAME they're playing.....CAPISCE?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:37 pm

I wouldn't use cross game chat when I play single player games anyway. People would annoy me like crazy. They piss me off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:01 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:

lolwut? Ok, I HONESTLY don't know if you're just trolling or being dumb, but either way I don't care.

There's a feature on ps3 where you can text with people NO MATTER WHICH GAME they're playing.....CAPISCE?

That would be MESSAGING. Texting is with a cell phone...

DukeNukem34 wrote:
I wouldn't use cross game chat when I play single player games anyway. People would annoy me like crazy. They piss me off.

I really agree with this Razz I hate playing games that you actually are listening to the story and people are talking in XGC. I only use it when I play online multiplayer games and someone else is playing a different game.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Universe wrote:
It's stranger the 360 is capable of running a feature that PS3 is incapable of doing.

It's only strange to you if you actually don't know the reason why the PS3 is incapable of doing it.

360 and PS3 have similar amounts of RAM--512 MB. But the 360's OS has always been at a low 32 MB and has ALWAYS had that application included in that 32 MB. The PS3's OS use to take up 120 MB but now currently takes up less than 50 MB. While Sony has definitely made the OS footprint smaller they can't implement XGC because the OS wasn't built from the ground up to include it. So you might be asking "well how did they update the firmware to including ingame XMB and friendslist functionality?." The simple answer to that is it was included in the OS and was only disabled for a while because they were working out bugs.

If you're wondering why the 360's OS is so small in comparison to the PS3's it's because the OS on the 360 runs at 720p while the OS on the PS3 runs at 1080p. If it weren't for the fact that old games aren't forward compatible with a completely redone OS format Sony COULD just lower the OS's native resolution to 720p and use that extra space to implement XGC. Though that's the problem Sony faces; partial XGC is missing the point.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Don't know why XGC is such a big deal. To me it is just a step up from sending annoying game invites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2