Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat

Go down 
+4
TheJubJub5721
Bluenose
Mugen
Orc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat Empty
PostSubject: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:31 pm

http://nextgenretro.com/2011/06/ps3-finally-crossgame-voice-chat/

Sounds pretty likely. I don't know, what is your take on it?
Back to top Go down
Mugen
Villager
Villager
Mugen

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Lykos wrote:
http://nextgenretro.com/2011/06/ps3-finally-crossgame-voice-chat/

Sounds pretty likely. I don't know, what is your take on it?

If sony didn't implement that after all this year, it's most probably a hardware issue or something. if they wanted to do it they would've a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Good point. I don't really know, maybe they built psn in some way that would be impossible to implement it without ruining it in some way or without it running like shit lol

Wait and see I guess.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:00 pm

After all those days without PSN, and our info being taken, we better damn right get XGC. It would be an insult if we didn't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:02 pm

If they don't implement it this gen I know for sure they will next gen. They can't afford to make that mistake again. If they want to get one up on M$ they need to take out live.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Yeah, I doubt they will this gen if they didn't already...
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 pm

If this is true, it's good news for all gamers. MS would have to drop the price of XBL.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:22 pm

BioRevenant wrote:
If this is true, it's good news for all gamers. MS would have to drop the price of XBL.

I don't see that happening. Maybe they'll drop it to 55$-50$. But that's as far I think they'll ever go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Teckno wrote:
BioRevenant wrote:

I don't see that happening. Maybe they'll drop it to 55$-50$. But that's as far I think they'll ever go.

I could see em going lower, they are losing their biggest selling point with Live.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:29 pm

They better have with PSN. Or else, I'm moving to Xbox next gen. It's so damn annoying to just talk with someone on PSN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Well one way or another I think PS3 games will have some sort of XGC. The PS Vita can supposedly be used to play games from your console so in a way you will get access to XGC when playing PS3 titles.

Though I got to say this is fucking sad. The PS3 is far more powerful and probably has much more memory than the PSV yet the PSV is getting not only XGC and a party system but cross game VIDEO chat as well.

Besides, like the article said they NEED to add it on the PS3 as well or else PSV remote play won't be as seamless as Sony keeps advertising it to be.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
BioRevenant wrote:

I could see em going lower, they are losing their biggest selling point with Live.

Knowing Microsoft they won't go lower, they will simply add more features to live to make it seem worth the money.

But we know it won't be.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:46 am

We've been hearing that PS3 is gettingcross game chat for years now, and here we are in 2011 and its still not here. So until i literally see a statement from Sony in clear blck and white writing sying "PS3 IS GETTING CROSS GAME CHAT" i will call bullshit on every article like this i see.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:03 am

Lykos wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
BioRevenant wrote:

Knowing Microsoft they won't go lower, they will simply add more features to live to make it seem worth the money.

But we know it won't be.
This could also be a possibility, but, it would also be a win, more features for same price = win. And I manage to pay like $20 - $30 a year for live so I don't really care if they drop the "street" price.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:05 pm

BioRevenant wrote:
Lykos wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
BioRevenant wrote:

But we know it won't be.
This could also be a possibility, but, it would also be a win, more features for same price = win. And I manage to pay like $20 - $30 a year for live so I don't really care if they drop the "street" price.

True. The smart people buy the deals on Live. I think one of the more recent ones was like 2 dollars a month or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat   Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ps3 finally getting Cross game Chat
Page 1 of 1