Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"

Go down 
+13
BioDemon
Stoney
igame
yonny616
Franko
ghost23
Jack the Spectre
Orc
Archduke
Based Sonji
Shigdig
TheJubJub5721
RamboOnRedBull
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" Empty
PostSubject: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:16 am

http://n4g.com/news/827454/why-the-ps3-cant-do-cross-game-chat
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:22 am

Well that is shit.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 am

Well, hopefully the PS4 will have it.

Last edited by Universe on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:30 pm

That explains why the Vita will have it. The Vita has twice as much RAM as the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Vita>PS3 THEN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:59 pm

I must admit... it is strange to think a handheld is capable of running a feature that ps3 is incapable of doing.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:04 pm

It's stranger the 360 is capable of running a feature that PS3 is incapable of doing.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:17 pm

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189293p1.html

Lykos wrote:
I must admit... it is strange to think a handheld is capable of running a feature that ps3 is incapable of doing.
Well the Vita has more RAM than the PS3. Don't forget, you're comparing 2006 tech to much more recent tech.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:20 pm

^
Of course.
But handhelds generally don't have the upper hand in aspects like that compared to their console counterpart.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Universe wrote:
It's stranger the 360 is capable of running a feature that PS3 is incapable of doing.

:alone:
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Vita iz bettur thn PS3. ALL HAIL ZE VITA
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
Of course.
But handhelds generally don't have the upper hand in aspects like that compared to their console counterpart.

But again, it's way newer tech. I would expect it to do as much, if not more than it's counterpart.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:13 am

I could careless. Yeah it's a cool feature, but I really don't use my mic. Unless I'm playing Socom: Confrontation.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:40 am

At last they tell us why!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:36 am

yonny616 wrote:
I could careless. Yeah it's a cool feature, but I really don't use my mic. Unless I'm playing Socom: Confrontation.

I couldn't care less. *
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:18 am

yonny616 wrote:

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" 457301478 Socom Confrontation is crap dude. It's worse than Socom 4, and even that game is bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:59 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" 457301478 Socom Confrontation is crap dude. It's worse than Socom 4, and even that game is bad.
I never said it was a good game? GTFO Socom:Con>SoCoD 4
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:04 pm

yonny616 wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

You're retarded if you think Socom is better than CoD4, unless you had a typo.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Universe wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

You're retarded if you think Socom is better than CoD4, unless you had a typo.
He meant that Socom 4 is CoDified.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:44 am

Wow, how did this thread went from a XGC discussion to a Socom debate?

Anyways, On Topic, I personally don't get the whole fuss about bringing XGC to the PS3.
I think that the whole obsession for it started out from insults thrown in by Trolls and Fanboys.

And the sad thing is they STILL do it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:47 am

Leonidas wrote:

Anyways, On Topic, I personally don't get the whole fuss about bringing XGC to the PS3.
I think that the whole obsession for it started out from insults thrown in by Trolls and Fanboys.

Well the topic kinda remained buried until Sony announced cross-game chat for the Vita.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:22 am

Leonidas wrote:

Well Cross game chat is genuinely a very useful feature.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:49 am

ghost23 wrote:
Leonidas wrote:

Well Cross game chat is genuinely a very useful feature.
It's nice but I wouldn't say it's really necessary.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:13 am

^
Ehh.. it is much more convenient. Chances are you will have the need to talk to someone at some point while they're playing a different game to you and you shouldn't really have to resort to sending them messages.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:17 am

Lykos wrote:
^
Ehh.. it is much more convenient. Chances are you will have the need to talk to someone at some point while they're playing a different game to you and you shouldn't really have to resort to sending them messages.

It's not that much needed by a lot of people. The only ones praising it is 360 gamers, no-one else really gives a fuck :/

I wouldn't say it's that convenient. I mean, if I wanted to chat with my friends i'll just text them...or better...i'll just hang out with them instead of playing a game...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"   Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony - "Why the ps3 can't do cross-game chat"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next