Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Some? lol. Frank Miller basically reinvented Daredevil. Stan Lee may be the biological father, but Frank Miller adopted it and raised it himself.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 1:05 pm

@Mecha That's what the showrunner said. So deal with it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Charlie Cox on How DAREDEVIL's Powers Will Be Depicted In The Netflix Series

Quote :
"We had to adapt certain things for the purpose of story telling. Like for example, and I’m making this up so there are no spoilers here, there is a scene where I come into the room, and lets say there are guns all over the floor on one side of the room and drugs on the other side of the room. Im just making this up, I promise I’m just making this up. So lets say that’s the scene. I come into the room, and I [Daredevil] can pick up on those things, based on a combination of his senses, smell, gunpowder in the air, taste of cocaine in the air or whatever, he can sense those things. But you can’t tell that story on camera without having a camera move that goes to them. Daredevil wouldn’t need to look in that direction in order to sense those objects, but the camera needs to. So we had to come up with a way where he has to focus on things in order to kind of sense them, and by focusing he kind of cocks his head towards what it is he’s trying to get a sense of, trying to kind of create an image in his mind of what it is, so we can tell that story."
http://mcuexchange.com/charlie-cox-talks-daredevil/

Is it me or does that description sound a little bit like the teaser? Maybe I'm just connecting random dots.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 9:18 am

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:21 am

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 Excited-baby

So awesome! April 10 can't get here soon enough!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:43 am

It's about time Marvel gets the cinematography right. Agents of SHIT and Agent Craper looked like they were made in the 2000s. So yeah, I'm actually looking forward to this now. It looks like a superhero version of Hannibal. Even though both shows have nothing in common.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 12:41 pm

@Mecha I don't see the Hannibal similarities, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Mecha wrote:
It's about time Marvel gets the cinematography right. Agents of SHIT and Agent Craper looked like they were made in the 2000s. So yeah, I'm actually looking forward to this now. It looks like a superhero version of Hannibal. Even though both shows have nothing in common.

Agent Carter is better than all the DC tv shows combined, for one it actually has acting that isn't complete and utter shit and decent dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 1:39 pm

@Orion Too bad it's boring as shit though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 3:01 pm

DAREDEVIL Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight Talks In Detail About Costumes, 'The Kingpin', More
Quote :
On Dealing With Matt Murdock's Religion:

I think it’s vital to the character. Matt Murdock is, I think, one of the most if not the most religious characters in the Marvel Universe, with the heroes. His Catholicism is so much part of his being and part of his conflict, I think it would be incredibly disingenuous to attempt to do the show where that’s not a big part of it.

On The Evolution Of The Costume:

Really, the reason we start with this version -- which is hugely influenced by Man Without Fear -- is for two reasons. One, this really is the beginning, the formation of Matt Murdock a Daredevil. On the flip side, it’s the formation of Wilson Fisk becoming Kingpin. It’s very much a parallel arc. We didn’t want to start him in the [red] suit. We wanted the early days of him figuring out what he was doing and making mistakes and getting the crap beat out of him on a regular basis. His suit, which we call his vigilante outfit, in the beginning - we tried practically everything, design-wise. We experimented with a lot of different head pieces. One version was a ski mask with the eyes sewn shut. We tried everything until we found something that just felt right. And also, really going back to that Man Without Fear, I can’t say where his costume ends up, where it goes, but there is definitely an evolution.

On The Kingpin's Role In The Series:

When we first meet him, he's a very mysterious figure, as you can gather from the teaser. Absolutely, a lynchpin of Season 1. I think there’s a no better way to start of the series than a formative Matt Murdock coming up against a formative Wilson Fisk. We were so incredibly lucky to get Vincent D’Onofrio, who is not only a phenomenal actor and an amazing person to be around, so very generous as an actor and performer, but I don’t know if there’s another human being on the planet that embodies WIlson Fisk, physically, like in the comics. I think, honestly, he is as close as you’re going to get, unless you’re doing an animated series. We just marveled. We were like holy s**t, it is Wilson Fisk come to life! Even in the teaser, when you just see him from behind, standing in front of that painting, you just get the feeling that it’s Wilson Fisk, the future Kingpin. Fisk plays a crucial role in Season 1, as the adversary of Matt Murdock. Also, on the flip side, Matt Murdock is the fly in Fisk’s ointment. What I love about this show is we’re able to explore some gray areas of who is really good, who is really bad, and which person is really better for the city in the long run.

On Including Stick:

We spent weeks and weeks talking about Stick and who do we get and I had been saying coming into the show, I was obsessed with getting Sonny Chiba and mixing it up but that didn’t quite work out. We had mentioned in the [writers] room Scott Glenn and I don’t know why it fell by the wayside but I was watching The Leftovers and I saw him and I believe he is in his earlier 70’s and in better shape than me or anybody I know. So I suggested everybody take a look at The Leftovers and his performance and everybody was on board. We reached out to his people and were delighted. First, I sent an email to my old buddy Damon Lindelof. I just wanted to make sure he was not shooting [The Leftovers]. I didn’t want to step on his toes and once that was cleared up, we reached out and he was very interested. He read the script and really liked it and said, "Yeah, I’d love to do it." I can tell you, one of the highlights of my career was getting on the phone with Scott Glenn, because he’s exactly how you would imagine him. He’s just a fantastic guy. He’s so great to work with. His portrayal of Stick... He’s perfect in that role.

On The Brutality Of The Series:

I always loved in the comics that also this is a guy that has heightened sense but no super powers. This is a guy who’s pushing himself to the limit who can get hurt and can get killed... I’m hugely influenced by the Frank Miller runs that I grew up with, where he was constantly getting the crap kicked out of him. Again, obviously there’s a bit of a heightened sense of reality that he can do what he can do and not end up in the hospital every other day. But we also touch upon why that is. Really, it’s like Batman without the money. He is just determined. It’s sheer force of will that keeps him going when a normal man would fall over and a lot of that I think, also in the Matt Murdock mythos, comes from his father and being a boxer and that kind of thing, where you just don’t quit.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=114809

I think this is going to be the show from Marvel that finally gives DCTV a run for its money.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:21 pm

First three episode names and directors
Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 Ovi2jFE

April! Get here already!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 GIm9esO
Daredevil is going to be so awesome!
More Images:

Ties To Avengers and If Daredevil will Show up in Civil War.
Quote :
When and where in the Marvel Cinematic Universe does Daredevil take place? We still don't have a specific date and time (before or after the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. in The Winter Soldier for example), but Marvel Television's Emma Fleischer did at least confirm in an interview with Empire Magazine that it follows the events of The Avengers. "We are still part of the Marvel Universe," she explianed, "but we are not explicitly in that Agenstts of S.H.I.E.L.D. world. We're in our own corner. So the aliens came down and ruined the ciy, and this is the story of Hell's Kitchen's rebuild." This is further confirmed by the publication when they mention seeing a framed newspaper in the office of the New York Bulletin showing Stark Tower "being zapped by a Chitauri laser beam".

The fact that Daredevil is being released on Netflix before Avengers: Age of Ultron hits the big screen probably means the first season won't deal with any sort of fallout from that, but it could of course crop up in a second season. Does showrunner Steven S. DeKnight think another run of episodes will happen? "We certainly hope so! I mean, it's totally up to Netflix. But I think it's a phenomenal season and we certainly end in up a place where we could tell many other stories." Star Charlie Cox meanwhile wasn't willing to say too much about how The Man Without Fear connects to the rest of the heroes he shares a universe with, but did say that fans should be on the lookout for "a couple of very casual Easter egg reference to other superheroes." When the magazine put it to him that a Captain America: Civil War appearance would work for Daredevil, he apparently said he wouldn't turn down the invitation, but cautioned that "in this show, Daredevil feels special, like a big thing, not an everyday occurence. It's not like he's one of that lot..."
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=115870
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 pm

They don't even have to show me anything! I am so hyped!

Normal poster.:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: First look at Spider-Man villain Kingpin in Daredevil!   Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 9:22 am

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 63560810

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 11024610
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:46 pm

Quote :
Probably the biggest reveal in the report is that the character of Melvin Potter, aka The Gladiator, will play a "large role" in the series. This was one of Matt Murdock's very first enemies in the comics, but actually reformed and became an ally later on. Near as we can tell he'll be Wilson Fisk's weapons guy on the show, and will not only provide the Kingpin of Crime with some kitted out armoured cars, but also some type of kevlar suit. The scene described also reveals that Leland Owsley/The Owl (Bob Gunton) will be Fisk's financial advisor in the show, and that "other characters in the Marvel Universe" will be present.

Additionally, the site spoke to Costume Designer Stephanie Maslanski, who commented on the Kingpin character. "Both Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk want to turn Hell's Kitchen in a better place to live", she revealed; confirming what we've heard about the villain having some good qualities. "Fisk is a guy who has a heart and a past. It is a deep and multi-layered character. He is far from be a grotesque and exaggerated character. We leave that to other programs that are on TV." Here are some more tidbits from the report.

- Matt Murdock lives on the top floor of an 8 story building.
- Rosario Dawson's Claire Temple (Night Nurse) works at Metro General Hospital.
- The series is aiming for a somewhat realistic tone, akin to The Wire or even Arrow.
- Matt's abilities are incredible but still very much grounded in reality.
- Atlas Investments is a company near the Nelson & Murdock Law office, an easter egg to the Pre-Marvel day of Atlas Comics.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=116133

News for this show gets better and better! April 10 get here already!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:20 am

yonny616 wrote:
Quote :

- The series is aiming for a somewhat realistic tone, akin to The Wire or even Arrow.

Oh god yes, hopefully more like The Wire and less like Arrow
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 4:25 pm

ONE MONTH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 pm

The hint at the red suit!!! dood!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 CAzcZuzUkAAQrcc
Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 6OhC1Wl

April 10... only a few weeks away! I'm so ready!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 CA9KANuUwAArKdZ
What are you up to Kingpin?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 Vawo2fr

Single character posters: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=117914

Just one more week!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:01 am

First batch of reviews!
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NovasSpace/news/?a=118027

This one from ScreenCrush has some fighting words.

Quote :
In earnest, I’ve never had to collect as many thoughts on a series in only 5 of 13 episodes, but fear not, citizens of superhero fatigue. Daredevil was well-worth the wait, and breaks the Marvel movie mold with bone-crunching delight. It’s everything Nolan’s Batman never had time to explore, everything Arrow wants to be without network boundaries, and exactly the street-level drama Marvel needs to complete its superhero world.

Ohhh now that flame. It rises.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:15 am

lol i reas your comment on CBM.com before this. Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 7:19 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more week!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next