Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  PSVPMzR

Quote :
ABOUT MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL: Blinded as a young boy, Matt Murdock fights injustice by day as a lawyer and by night as the Super Hero Daredevil in Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

This a discussion thread for Marvel's Daredevil! Discuss news, episodes, and all that other stuff here. Since this is a Netflix original show it will only be available on Netflix (link below). Also please use the spoiler tags when talking spoilers.

http://www1.netflix.com/WiMovie/80018294

So hyped for this show!

Last edited by yonny616 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed banner)
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 1:42 pm

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Daredevil Will be connected to MCU! Duh!

Quote :
Many fans assumed that Marvel's Netflix shows, consisting of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders shows, will take place during the MCU, while others weren't quite sure. Joe Quesada recently confirmed on the Fat Man On Batman podcast that they will. “There will be some interconnectivity, much like the movies,” revealed Quesada. “They will exist within the cinematic universe again, so this is all the same world as S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers.” He also talked more about introducing street-level characters and elaborates on how unique the characters are and how they are different than the other characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “Although these are superhero stories, this is different now. This is the street level…this is the street level noir side of the Marvel Universe. Something that you haven’t really, really seen in any of our Marvel movies,” said Quesada. “And probably more ground level, than I think you’ve seen. This is not like us doing Batman, Dark Knight or any of that stuff. This is very Marvel doing street level superheroes.” He also says that they are starting to finish off their scripts to get the series started soon, and talk about how emotional some of them are. “The scripts are coming in. They are pretty fantastic. They’re really emotional. They’re very, very original. But at the same time, it is Daredevil. It is Matt Murdock. We will eventually, hopefully start casting really, really soon, but I’m very, very excited about it.” With filming expected to start soon, we will all look out for some set photos in the future which should reveal the costumes in the series. Quesada reveals that we should expect to see the Daredevil series take place in Hell's Kitchen, which should hopefully excite many fans. “We’re shooting in New York. That’s the fantastic thing about it is that we’re shooting at home. We’re shooting where these characters belong,” said Quesada. “These stories take place in Hell’s Kitchen.” He described the Daredevil set briefly, saying that it "smells of dark alley, vomit, and piss."
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ABARy/news/?a=98926

I can't wait for the Daredevil TV show!

Last edited by yonny616 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 2:25 pm

I'm more hype for Iron Fist, Immortal Iron Fist is the best thing to come out from MARVEL OR DC in forever
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Nah. I've been hoping for a badass Daredevil. Hopefully Marvel can deliver it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:40 pm

@Mecha Last I saw The Flash, Flash had the same suit, beside a few minor changes, he has had since the pilot. I think this will evolve too though. Maybe by the end of the season he'll have this suit.

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  1227100-dd_poster_graficos
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Daredevil Netflix Series   Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 1:41 am

"DAREDEVIL Will Wear His Red Costume Eventually; Plus Pics In Higher Quality"

Quote :
We were previously told that we'd see Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) don more than just the black outfit he begins his crime-fighting in, but EW have now confirmed that we will eventually see his most popular red costume at some point in the series. They also have some new quotes from those involved with bringing the highly anticipated show to Netflix. Marvel chief Jeph Loeb says this take on the Man Without Fear will be heavilly influenced by hard-hitting '70s flicks like The French Connection and Taxi Driver. “There aren’t going to be people flying through the sky; there are no magic hammers,” he explains. “We’ve always approached this as a crime drama first, superhero show second.” Showrunner Steven DeKnight adds that it will be a pretty gritty, adult orientated show...but they're not looking to push the boundaries too far. “It’s a little grittier and edgier than Marvel has gone before, but we’re not looking to push it to extreme violence or gratuitous nudity.”
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=112631

Cool! But I hope we see him transition into that suit.

Last edited by yonny616 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:38 am

@yonny616 Yeah, if they just pull that bullshit of having him suddenly show up in the suit he's supposed to be wearing in the finale, that'd be pretty shit. At least in can't be worse than casting Tom Welling as Clark Kent. I may watch this show, since I'm paying for Netflix either way, and I have access to Netflix from all regions.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:50 pm

@Angelus I think we'll see his original or some variation of the red suit. I mean this is going to be his starter suit.

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  5439aa6fceaf8
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 5:06 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Angelus I think we'll see his original or some variation of the red suit. I mean this is going to be his starter suit.

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  5439aa6fceaf8

How does a blind man pick out a matching suit? DSP2
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 6:17 pm

@Angelus Maybe he just asked someone to get him all black cloths and a ninja mask.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:02 am

Marvel And Netflix's DAREDEVIL Completes Principal Photography
Quote :
Daredevil's director and showrunner Steven DeKnight has remained notoriously tight-lipped, refusing to give much away about his latest project for Netflix and Marvel Studios. As such, fans have been relying on set pics and speculation for the time being. However, it seems we may not have to wait much longer for some real news, as DeKnight confirmed earlier today on Twitter that filiming has concluded on the project - waving a fond farewell to city of New York in the process. Could there be a possible release date or trailer around the corner?

Thanks to the cast and crew for an amazing experience directing the season finale of #Daredevil. Goodby, NYC. Peace and love!
— Steven DeKnight (@stevendeknight) December 21, 2014

Of course, this is just speculation for the moment, but with Marvel's next Netflix project, A.K.A. Jessica Jones, also due to start filming for a 2015 release soon, it's possible a big announcement isn't too far away. What do you guys think? When will Marvel drop that elusive release date? Let us know in the comments below!
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MintyNewsAndReviews/news/?a=112689#comments

Woooo! Can't wait to watch this! So excited!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:10 am

But will Red Batman be better than Green Batman? DUM DUM DUM!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 5:57 pm

New Details On 'Bullseye', 'The Kingpin', And Ties To The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Quote :
"It does take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe," Jeph Loeb reiterated in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly. "It’s all connected. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that we would look up in the sky and see [Iron Man]. It’s just a different part of New York that we have not yet seen in the Marvel movies." That makes sense of course, but we still don't really know how tied into the movies Daredevil will be. You have to imagine it will be similar to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with various references to the events going on elsewhere (though it's impossible to even speculate at this point as we have zero idea where in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's timeline these shows take place). "Within the Marvel universe there are thousands of heroes of all shapes and sizes, but The Avengers are here to save the universe and Daredevil is here to save the neighborhood," Loeb adds. "It’s a very unique look at Hell’s Kitchen in New York, where Matt Murdoch grew up and continues to defend it from people who would harm the people that live there."

Changing the subject somewhat, Charlie Cox (who plays the titular character) weighed in on how his take on Daredevil isn't necessarily a "Man Without Fear", something which isn't a huge departure from how he's been portrayed in the comics in recent years. "Someone who does not have fear — literally does not experience fear — is not that interesting. The way I like to think about it is that he is a man with fear, but he on a daily basis decides to confront that fear and to overcome it. So the title of ‘the man without fear’ is almost a title that the public in his world gives him just because of what he does. But inside himself, he’s very afraid at times. And he finds a way to confront those fears and punch through it." It should be interesting to see how much the series plays on Daredevil's depression and the like, but regardless of whether they tackle those issues at such an early stage, we do know that The Kingpin will be making his life a hell.

"This season is about both the rise of the hero and the rise of the villain," Loeb teased, before showrunner and director Steven DeKnight added: "Fisk has very many different aspects so it’s not all, ‘I want to conquer the city and make a lot of money.’ In our story, we tell the story of how he met his wife Vanessa and how they fell in love — our antagonist actually has a love story. That’s the love story you’re following, the one you’re invested in, and seeing how that affects him and changes him. I think Vincent just brings such depth to it, his performance is just astounding." It appears as if the 13-part drama could end up being one big origin story then (will you be annoyed if the classic red suit doesn't show up until the final scene?), something which might just explain the absence of Bullseye.

"I wouldn’t say there’s no plans to include the character in the series," DeKnight reveals, confirming that he won't appear in season one. "It’s not not to say he wouldn’t be in the series at some point. But I think if you try to jam in too many characters, it just becomes a mess. And [Bullseye’s] story was told in the last iteration of Daredevil that anybody saw. My feeling was, ‘Why repeat it?’ And honestly, if you’re looking for a juicy, multi-faceted crime drama, Wilson Fisk was the obvious choice to play the antagonist. Bullseye is a little more cut and dry. Not to say you couldn’t make him fantastic over 13 hours, but Fisk really felt like the right yin to the yang for Matt, and for what we wanted to do this season." What do you guys think of these comments?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=112912
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 5:59 pm

Sucks that Deadpool and Bullseye won't be friends in the MCU.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sucks that Deadpool and Bullseye won't be friends in the MCU.
The less Deadpool the better
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 12:53 pm

NY Comic-Con panel!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Does this mean that we can have Blade in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 11:22 am

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  NIJyv47

I can't wait for this!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 12:31 pm

Poster:

Oh fuck yes! Very Happy dood!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Charlie Cox Talks About Suiting Up As DAREDEVIL In Marvel And Netflix Series
Quote :
Comic book fans are constantly complaining about big and small screen adaptations not being faithful to the source material, so it's hard to criticise the upcoming Daredevil TV series for using Matt Murdock's first costume from Frank Millar and John Romita Jr.'s The Man Without Fear. Still, it's hard to not want to see him don the classic red suit at some point (or even the yellow one...).

E! Online failed to ask star Charlie Cox (The Theory of Everything) about that, but did quiz the actor on what it's been like to suit up as Daredevil so far. "It's pretty tight, I'm not going to lie," he told the site. "They've done such a great job. I can't wait for fans to really see it. But put it this way, there is no world where you change in a phone box. It takes four people and about 45 minutes." Luckily, he doesn't have to go through too much difficulty when it comes to taking a toilet break, something Christian Bale famously complained about after donning Batman's suit. "They're very clever about it. You get three zippers. You zip them all up, but when you have to wee, you just have to zip one down—the wee zipper." Are you looking forward to seeing Cox as Daredevil?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=114384

HAHAHA! "Wee zipper". I'm looking forward to this. We should be getting a trailer soon.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Marvel's Daredevil - Teaser Trailer   Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:18 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:20 pm

So hyped! This show is going to be amazing!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:28 pm

2 DAK! NO FUN!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:42 pm

Nice to see the Miller costume
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Orion wrote:
Nice to see the Miller costume
They're taking some influences from Miller's Daredevil I believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread    Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL' Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next