Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts

Go down 
+4
Orion
Chobo
RamboOnRedBull
NoelX2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:12 pm

It was okay, I guess. Conker is finally realized, but he's in Project Spark. I want a new game of his.

Phantom Dust was pretty cool. Can't wait to see some gameplay of it.

I'm not a big fan of Scalebound. That guy looked like Jack Frost or Dante. Oh, and he had beats. Swag.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Completely undwerwhelming. Nothing surprising. Barely any AAA new IP exclusives. Too much multiplatform bullshit. No Halo 5 gameplay footage. So on. 

All it takes is for Sony to show gameplay of Uncharted 4 and they'll be better by default.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:17 pm

I thought it was pretty good.

May not have been amazing, It was probably their best one in years.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Incredibly meh, they just showed shitty games like The Witcher
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:22 pm

i hope lykos doesn't kill himself.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Solid conference overall. Nothing really blow me away or mindfucked the shit out of me. But, it was a decent conference that MS managed to not fuck up for once. I loved Sunset Overdrive and it looks outstanding. Crackdown 3 looks cool and I'm glad it's back. Halo: Master Chief collection was just awesome, even convincing me to hopefully get an Xbone this holiday season. But, too many multiplats were shown to really do anything to be a great conference. Most of those games will be better on PS4, anyways. The inclusion of indie games just showed Microsoft's desperation, as they try to win back the indie devs who fled to PS4 after they fucked them over at last year's E3. Also, we knew most of these games were coming, so lack of surprised hurt Microsoft. Overall, I give Microsoft 7.75/10. (weird score, I know Razz) Solid conference, but lack of surprises, too many multiplats and new IP's really hurt the conference. I may be getting an Xbox One soon thanks to this conference.

Excited to see what EA has up next.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Orion wrote:
Incredibly meh, they just showed shitty games like The Witcher

Fenrir rage incoming.

Game looks amazing though, the open-world map is supposed to be bigger than Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Last year's conference was tons better than this year's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:46 pm

Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts BvWuUqY
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:49 pm

^^^I lol'd.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Missed it, but it sounds pretty underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:13 pm

It wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't amazing either. Scalebound and Halo 5 should've shown gameplay and they should've ended with a new big AAA IP.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 6:08 pm

It was alright. Phantom Dust was the most interesting. I never played it on Xbox but I heard a lot of good things about it so I'm looking forward to that. The lack of Halo 5 footage was seriously lame.

EDIT: I liked how they focused on games too, I expected over half of it to be kinect bullshit and non-gaming related Xbone features.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts   Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Afterthoughts
Page 1 of 1