Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony

Go down 
+2
Stigma
Mecha
6 posters

Who won at this year's E3?
 Microsoft
 Sony
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony Empty
PostSubject: E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony   E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:14 am

E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony Sony-microsoft-e3-gif
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony   E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:26 am

Both conferences were pretty meh. But Sony's was a little better I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony   E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:53 am

I didn't watch the conferences themselves, just the trailers. And honestly, Microsoft's lineup has me more excited by a bit.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony   E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:23 am

No Man's Sky looks so fucking amazing. Xbox's only memorable games were Halo and Sunset overdrive. I mean, I loved non-stop game showing, but jesus, they overloaded. Let us breath dammit! Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony   E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:30 am

Microsoft won hands down, both where underwhelming but Microsoft (ironically) focussed more on games where as Sony was pulling off social/gimmicks bullcrap. Nintendo is going to beat both.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony   E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:33 am

@Toxic Having a showcase full of games, but only few highlights means nothing. Halo, Sunset, and Project spark were the highlights, maybe phantom dust. Sony just ran with highlight after another. Starting with Destiny, even if it is a 3rd party, and ending with Uncharted. Sure the middle part about their other platforms was lackluster, but Sony just had the better announcements overall.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony   E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:44 am

I agree, both were very meh.
Games I'm most hyped for are Ratchet and Clank and Grim Fandago remaster and the From Software IP and Suda 51 New game and from MS it's Sunset Overdrive and Kamiya's New game.
So
I guess Sony won. Both were disappointing and lame.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony   E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:54 am

Sony's lineup was more interesting and they showed more actual gameplay footage, unlike MS who showed nothing but CGI-trailers for their multiplatform games. Both had good content and boring content. I loved the Halo announcements from 343, Sunset Overdrive gameplay, and Crackdown 3 reveal. But, Sony won me over easily with the announcement of Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Let it DIE and the Destiny Bundle/exclusivity. Pretty average E3 at best this year, with both MS and Sony having worse conferences than last year. Let's see if Nintendo can save us all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony   E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E3 2014: Microsoft vs. Sony
Page 1 of 1