Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread

Go down 
+7
Fenrir
Angelus
RamboOnRedBull
yonny616
Orion
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 E0Pbf6f
Stature : 14
The Dreadf
Playing : Pin the dick on the Reek

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 12:57 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Fenrir I know that, but look at it.
The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 BoGfNwbIQAAtjBy

It's all fat, not enough Bat. I just think they could have done a lot better.

I agree, but i must say I like Millers suit... the only thing i don't like is the fat blocky bat.
and although the bat is fat on afflecks suit i believe it's a bit better thanks tu the bigger spike tail.

and i agree they could have done the bat better.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Official title revealed!

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 Urujzq10
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Dawn of Justice? Not a bad name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:28 pm

For those of you who are complaining about the Batsuit, you can't criticize something that's suppose to look that way. Especially considering that Frank Miller basically admitted that his Batman isn't suppose to look pretty. As for him being fat, yeah because we all know that Frank Miller's Batman is suppose to be as skinny and weak as Nolan's Batman.

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 Dkr2a10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:18 pm

@Mecha The fact you're defending that shitty Miller design is funny. Miller's Batman is fat and out of shape. He was that way because he was inactive as Batman for a long time! Also we're calling the symbol fat, not him, even though he is. Also "skinny, weak Bale". The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 725796345 He's so far the best Batman we've had in all aspects, and he looked bigger than what Affleck looks like.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:27 pm

But isn't Ben Affleck's Batman been inactive for a long time as well? Wasn't that the whole point of adapting Frank Miller's Batman?

Also, HA! HA! HA! HA! Bale looks bigger than Affleck. Good one, Yonny. ;-)
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:00 pm

@Mecha Nope, that was a rumored description of the character. Zack Snyder described him as "A man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter." I don't remember Snyder, Goyer, or Affleck calling this Batman "retired" beside the fanboys.

No it isn't an adaptation. It's taken inspiration, like the suit, but it isn't an adaptation.

He is bigger. Why isn't he bigger? Because Bale's Batsuit wasn't made with washboard abs? Or wasn't padded with muscles? eye roll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:20 pm

That doesn't debunk the rumors that he comes out of retirement in this film though.

Adaptation, inspiration, whatever. They are taking a lot of elements from The Dark Knight Returns for this film.

Dude, Ben Affleck has a height of 6' 4", while Christian Bale has a 6' 0". That's factual. Even YOU admitted that as well. Nice try though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:33 pm

The rumors never said he was in full on retirement like you're implying. Also an "Older, wiser, seasoned Batman" in no way sounds like he's ever been in retirment in the first place. Like what? Snyder used the quote as a way to announce that Batman will be in the film, the suit is the most Miller-esque thing we know of so far. Sure Snyder talked to Miller, but if he listened to anything that crazy old man had to say Snyder is even crazier.

I wasn't talking about height. I will say Affleck has the brouder shoulders, but from what we know Bale did look bigger than what Affleck looks like. Will that change? I hope, because it's going to look pretty damn stupid if the Batsuit has washboard abs and Affleck doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Again, that still doesn't change the possibility that he was retired at some point.

Also you have to be in complete denial if you think Bale looks bigger than Affleck. Either that or you're probably going blind. Which wouldn't surprise me since you also though that the design of the suit looks more like Jim Lee's than Frank Miller's Batman.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:25 pm

@Mecha It's never implied by the description in anyway, or in any other interview that this Batman has been, or is, retired. Even the rumor never said he was "retired". The rumor described him as "semi-retired". That means he's still doing his Batman thing, just not as much, or he just does major things.

Bale looked bigger than what Affleck looks like right now. Especially after all the hype that he was getting "too big". He looks the same as always just with broader shoulders and a more puffed out chest. Also I admitted I was wrong. Still doesn't mean the suit doesn't looks like Greg Capullo's Batman or Jim Lee's Batman texture wise with all those lines.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:25 am

So you're telling me that this...

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 Emmali10

looks bigger than this...

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 Articl13

Yonny confirmed going blind!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:06 am

@Mecha The dude that's lifting and wears a shirt that hugs the body tighter will always look bigger than the guy wearing a loose shirt. Also this photo was taken after Bale was done shooting TDK so he isn't lifting as much, if at all anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:24 am

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 The-de12

Yeah, I'm sure Christian Bale would have looked bigger than Ben Affleck if they both took their shirts off. eye roll

BTW, yeah you're right. That picture of Bale happen after shooting The Dark Knight. But it was also taken during the production of Terminator Salvation. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to be in great physical shape to play a military soldier who later becomes the leader of a human resistance? The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:03 am

yonny616 wrote:
The rumors never said he was in full on retirement like you're implying. Also an "Older, wiser, seasoned Batman" in no way sounds like he's ever been in retirment in the first place. Like what? Snyder used the quote as a way to announce that Batman will be in the film, the suit is the most Miller-esque thing we know of so far. Sure Snyder talked to Miller, but if he listened to anything that crazy old man had to say Snyder is even crazier.

I wasn't talking about height. I will say Affleck has the brouder shoulders, but from what we know Bale did look bigger than what Affleck looks like. Will that change? I hope, because it's going to look pretty damn stupid if the Batsuit has washboard abs and Affleck doesn't.
... look at that picture... he is built like a bulldog, Bale was not as big as Affleck is.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:29 am

@Mecha Keep resorting to taking jabs, that's all you can do.

Tell me, when does Terminator Salvation take place? In a post-apocalyptic world. He doesn't need to look like Batman, but a soldier.

I will say this, in TDK Bale is slimmer, but that probably has to do with fitting into the smaller Batsuit he had as opposed to the Begins suit.

@Fenrir I never said he doesn't look big. I just said from what we've seen so far Bale looked bigger as Batman than what Affleck does right now. Whether that changes once he starts filming his role is up in the air.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:30 am

first scene photos leaked.

https://i.imgur.com/7P6vU1D.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnh7TUWCMAAx7hu.jpg
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:44 am

@Fenrir Son of...  The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 21888 
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 8:26 am

Actually, Mecha, Yonny has a point here. 

Bale was actually too big to fit the Batman suit as Nolan felt he was too buff, so Bale had to become slimmer to fit the slimmer suit. So while Affleck is big, Bale was huge-as-shit before the production of the film even began. 

That said, Affleck is bigger than Bale was as Batman. But if we're talking who became bigger for the films, then Bale edges it out.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 9:01 am

yonny616 wrote:
@Fenrir Son of...  The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 21888 
haha The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 2505020059 I had that same reaction before ^^
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:49 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Bale was actually too big to fit the Batman suit as Nolan felt he was too buff, so Bale had to become slimmer to fit the slimmer suit. So while Affleck is big, Bale was huge-as-shit before the production of the film even began. 

That said, Affleck is bigger than Bale was as Batman. But if we're talking who became bigger for the films, then Bale edges it out.

That doesn't prove Bale is bigger than Affleck though. Especially considering both of their Batsuits are made completely different. Bale probably build up a lot more muscle than Affleck. So in that sense, yes, Bale was bigger. But Affleck overall is a bulker dude. The proof is all above. Don't know how you guys continue to deny that.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

That doesn't prove Bale is bigger than Affleck though. Especially considering both of their Batsuits are made completely different. Bale probably build up a lot more muscle than Affleck. So in that sense, yes, Bale was bigger. But Affleck overall is a bulker dude. The proof is all above. Don't know how you guys continue to deny that.

I didn't deny anything, but okay. 

I even said that Affleck is bigger than Bale when Bale was Batman, lol. 

What am I saying, however, is that Bale was so big before Batman Begins was filmed that Nolan told him he was too big for the role, so he had to buff it down. Which he did, and the results are clear. 

I doubt Affleck is as big as Bale initially became.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Again, both Batsuits are completely different. Bale's Batsuit was more like an armor, while Affleck has more cloth to it. It doesn't prove Bale was bigger at all, so there goes that logic.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Mecha wrote:
Again, both Batsuits are completely different. Bale's Batsuit was more like an armor, while Affleck has more cloth to it. It doesn't prove Bale was bigger at all, so there goes that logic.

Neither does it prove he wasn't bigger. So there goes that argument. 

We can both be idiots, Mecha, but it seems you fit the role better than I.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Rambo's logic: Bale was bigger because he couldn't fit in the armored Batsuit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next