Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread

Go down 
+7
Fenrir
Angelus
RamboOnRedBull
yonny616
Orion
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 11:49 am

This is Batman movie with Superman characters.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 12:44 pm

yonny616 wrote:
This is Batman movie with Superman characters.

It's not a Man of Steel sequel, and it was never supposed to be. I think you should just get over it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:27 pm

@Rambo I never said it was a Man of Steel sequel. My comment was even a jab at the movie. It essentially is a Batman movie with Superman characters. I think next time you shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:31 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Rambo I never said it was a Man of Steel sequel. My comment was even a jab at the movie. It essentially is a Batman movie with Superman characters. I think next time you shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Well, considering they just had a Superman movie that was focused on his story, making a film where Batman has the spotlight, along with both returning and new characters being introduced, is just reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:48 pm

I don't get why people are complaining about Man of Steel not getting a sequel before Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? Captain America, Hulk, and Thor didn't get a sequel before The Avengers. Yet, everyone loves to suck on Marvel's dick, while DC gets bashed on.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
I don't get why people are complaining about Man of Steel not getting a sequel before Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? Captain America, Hulk, and Thor didn't get a sequel before The Avengers. Yet, everyone loves to suck on Marvel's dick, while DC gets bashed on.
I think because the film started out as a Man of Steel sequel, people are upset that it's not. Also because this isn't technically the Justice League film, and they set up all of the Marvel characters before a collaboration whereas here it's just Superman followed by a collaboration.

But I dunno, I don't care either way.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 3:42 pm

@Rambo Well considering it's named Batman and Superman, most of the characters are from Superman's gallery, even the foundation of the story revolves around Superman, Batman shouldn't be in the spotlight or at least share it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 4:02 pm

People said the same about Freddy vs. Jason. Like how the story and setting revolved more around on Freddy and the Elm street kids. Yet, Jason stole the show by killing most of the Elm street kids and causing more damage to Freddy in a fight.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 4:21 pm

@Mecha Stealing the show isn't the same as being in the spotlight. Well to me at least.

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 BroNao8IAAEXdI8
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Stealing the show is more about the individual performer and how people respond to them. Having the spotlight means the writers chose to focus on a given character more. And it seems like Batman will be having the spotlight, even if Ben Affleck doesn't steal the show.

That's how I'd distinguish the two anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 4:51 pm

@yonny616 Never said it was. Also who cares? The first time Batman and Superman met was when Batman went to Metropolis. So of course there's going to be mostly Superman supporting characters. It's not like this is the first time they're doing this.

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 Superm17

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 Man_of14

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 Superm16
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 8:53 pm

@Mecha Then why bring up that Jason stole the show in Freddy vs Jason? What the in the hell are you talking about? Go back and re-read my posts. I'm not complaining about Superman's gallery being in a film that's story is about Superman.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:05 pm

@yonny616 But you are complaining about Batman being on the spotlight in a Superman story. Which is why I brought up Freddy vs. Jason. It was basically A Nightmare on Elm Street 8, but with Jason in it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:29 pm

@Mecha Well because we kept getting told that this is still a Superman movie just with Batman in it, now it seems like a Batman movie with Superman in it more and more. No you brought up Freddy vs Jason on who will steal the show. None of them had the spotlight, Freddy and Jason shared it. Freddy needed Jason to bring him back, it's doesn't even matter because it's a completely different story
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:52 pm

@yonny6161 Well can't both Batman and Superman share it as well? It's not like Batman is going to show up at random. He's going to have some connections to Superman somehow in the film. Also if you first thought that this was going to be a Man of Steel sequel, then oh well. You should have gotten over it by now. I don't know how can you say that this is becoming more and more of a Batman movie, when you just admitted that the story still revolves around Superman and his supporting characters.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:19 pm

@Mecha Again go read what me and Rambo were talking about. I don't want Batman hogging the spotlight with Superman in the dark little corner. Sharing it is fine. No he's not. This will be the first time Batman and Superman meet. They'll have no connection to each other. I probably thought it was going to be a Superman sequel because that's how it was announced. Who said I'm made about this not being a Superman sequel? How can you not tell? Hopefully I'm way off, but this is how it comes off as.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 11:30 pm

@yonny616 I thought Batman was the one who likes to be in the dark little corner. The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 725796345 But seriously, what makes you think that Batman will be hogging the spotlight? Like you said before, the story still mostly revolves around Superman and his supporting characters. The main villain of the movie is Lex Luthor for Christ's sake. It's only natural for people to talk about Ben Affleck's Batman a lot more, since we already seen what Zack Snyder has done with Superman. But we haven't seen how he will pull off Batman just yet. Also no, this movie was first announced as a Batman vs. Superman movie. We just assumed it was going to be a sequel to Man of Steel because obviously they didn't want to ruin the surprise on what the film actually was. Oh and by the way, I meant connected as in he will be involved in the story somehow. It's not like Batman will be there just for the sake of being there.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 12:57 am

@Mecha Because he's Batman and so far WB has been feeding us Batman and only Batman with a few Superman on the side and the rare not Batman or Superman choice. Yes, the story is about Superman, but Batman could end up being the character we follow the most and has the bigger affect on the story. Nope. Even now it's not a versus movie. Will they fight? probably, but it's not a versus movie. It was announced as a Superman movie with Batman in it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 5:56 am

@yonny6161 Well of course Warner Bros. has been feeding us Batman more than they are with Superman. It's Batman's 75th anniversary after all. Razz Even if Warner Bros. advertises Batman more, that doesn't exactly mean he'll hog all the spotlight. Everyone thought Iron Man and Wolverine were going to hog all the spotlight in The Avengers and X-Men: Days of Future Past, yet they didn't. Also again, it was never announced as Man of Steel 2. Warner Bros. has been working on a Batman vs. Superman movie for over 10 years and it was even rumored that that was going to be the movie that Warner Bros. was going to announce at Comic Con last year. So if you thought that this was still going to be a direct Man of Steel sequel after seeing the Batman vs. Superman logo, then that's you're fault. Not Warner Bros. or the film.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:31 am

@Mecha Don't be a smart ass. Iron Man was essentially hogging the spotlight. Most of his decisions had a bigger affect on the story than any other character. Hell he managed to hold his own with Thor. Everyone thinking Wolverine hogging the spotlight is reasonable considering he hogged the spotlight in every X-Men film that he was in, and don't mention First Class. So Batman, the hero with more films than any other hero and consistent with bringing in most of DC movies money hogging the spotlight is reasonable since Superman is still considered boring by a lot in the general audience. It was announced as a Superman movie with Batman in it. NOT Batman versus Superman, Snyder recently said he named it Batman v Superman to keep it from being a "versus", along with the fact that "v" means and, not versus. He even said they added Batman later into the story. It's not a Batman vs Superman logo. Because it isn't a versus story. Doesn't matter how many times you say it or think it, it isn't a versus movie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 12:54 pm

@yonny616 Nope. Captain America and Black Widow had more screen time than Iron Man and also, Iron Man wasn't even the leader of The Avengers. Captain America was instead, which actually makes sense. Also anyone who thinks Thor wasn't holding back against Iron Man is obviously in serious denial. You even see Thor gaining his full power after being dropped by Loki. So no, Iron Man didn't hog the spotlight. As for it being announced as a Man of Steel sequel with Batman in it, you're wrong. Even if it's not a versus movie, that's how it was announced. They used a quote for The Dark Knight Returns where Batman beats Superman, and used both the Superman and Batman logos.

Are you still going to be in denial?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 3:30 pm

@Mecah Iron Man had the bigger affect on the story. You didn't even know what "hogging the spotlight" meant a few posts back. Was I talking about who was leader? No. Hawkeye could have been leader and most of the major decisions would have still been made by Iron Man. Right. Holding back. He was holding back with a guy who pretty much was kicking his ass, but wanted to kill Captain America. Thor is just nerfed in the MCU. You should have posted the full thing where he calls it a "Superman movie" also they used to quote because it was better suspense because while the line is famous, it isn't instantly recognizable, also how does using both symbols make it a versus movie? So no. It was announced as a Superman movie with Batman in it, then it became a Superman/Batman movie, then it evolved into a Justice League prequel. Are you still going to be this thick headed? Of course you are. You just love arguing for the sake of arguing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 4:15 pm

@yonny616 No. I admit, Iron Man scenes may have been more memorable. But that doesn't mean he had a bigger affect to the story as the other characters. As for Thor, he was able to easily defeat The Destroyer, who's metal is greater than adamantium, yet have trouble fighting off Iron Man. Obviously Thor wasn't holding back at all what's so ever. Denial much? eye roll Also of course Zack Snyder called it a Superman movie at first. Like he's just going to spoil the surprise for everyone by revealing what it actually is. The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 725796345 If you didn't know it was announced as a versus movie then that's you're fault. Even David Goyer called it Batman vs. Superman right after the news broke.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:43 am

@Mecha Right. I guess that's why the last battle took place on top of Stark Tower, Iron Man managed to be MCU's Batman by beating someone who's wiped the floor with something stronger, Loki immediately surrenders when Iron Man spartan kicks him. Iron Man figures out Loki's last stand while everyone seems oblivious to it. Iron Man saves the day, but nope. Not much affect on the story right? eye roll He still calls it a Superman movie! When the Superman picture was revealed he said the reason they used "v" instead of "vs" is to keep it from being a straight up versus movie. You know why? Because it ISN'T a versus movie. It never was a versus movie. Batman vs Superman was a placement title given to it by fans and Goyer ran with it because the film had no title.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:11 am

I like how you guys always end up debating the most stupid things. The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread   The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Batman vs. Superman Thread
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next