Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy

Go down 
+2
yonny616
Mecha
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Empty
PostSubject: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Dcmarv11

Which strategy do you prefer?

DC Cinematic Universe: Introduce each character within one franchise, then give them their own solo movie later down the road.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Give each character their own solo movie and then have them come together all in one film.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:52 pm

The Marvel way. If I was taking care of the DC Universe I'd build into a Justice League through team up films. Superman/Batman, Green Lantern/Flash, Wonder Woman/Aquaman, and Justice League. After JL they spin into their own films, starting with the most popular character.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:06 am

Mahvel, baybee!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:27 am

I sort of wish they would have skipped the Superman origin. Imagine if they just started with a Superman/Batman movie. The first scene of the film being these three panels:
DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Matrix17
DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Matrix18
DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Matrix19
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:54 am

I can't argue with that, especially considering that at this point in time, more people probably know the origins of Superman than the origins of the country they live in.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 2:18 am

@Jack Yeah. They'll just do that one scene, show the Batman/Superman logo, and start the film (at most) 25 years after into these characters prime.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:06 am

It would also be kinda cool to see Bruce and Clark meet as kids on film.

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Batman28

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Batman29

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Batman30

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Batman31

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Batman33

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Batman34
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:23 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Jack Yeah. They'll just do that one scene, show the Batman/Superman logo, and start the film (at most) 25 years after into these characters prime.
That's why I find the animated films so entertaining. They get right into the action and don't waste any time on origin stories that you probably already know. It starts right off the bat with Superman and Supergirl and then weans Braniac in as the villain, without really explaining who they are because really, does it even matter?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 2:50 am

I think I'm liking the DCCU strategy better now, and here's why: It's not all about build ups like what Marvel is doing, but rather just having a continuity. Warner Bros. is like, okay from now on, all future DC films will have a continuity. Characters like Batman and Superman are already ironic enough to make the DCCU a guarantee success, so there is no need for each character to have a solo film unless it's necessary. Thus, giving directors more creative freedom, which Warner Bros. seems to believe in. Just look how much creative freedom they give Christopher Nolan, Zack Snyder, Ben Affleck, and Guillermo del Toro with their DC properties. Marvel doesn't really do that. Usually they rush things out with their scripts and already having a filming schedule. As a result, a lot of directors leave Marvel. Hell, you even got Joss Whedon admitting that The Avengers wasn't a good film, because of those same reasons.

So yeah, I think Warner Bros. is very smart for sticking to their guns and do something different.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:16 am

Actually if you pay attention, the same plan Warner Bros is using is the same plan that Bruce Tim used for the DCAU. That universe really began when Superman: TAS came along, then they did the Worlds Finest cross over episode, then they did Justice League.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:53 am

I guess. Not really though. The same thing kinda happens in the comics as well. Like the first time Batman met Superman, was in Superman's very own comics. Which is no different to what they are doing with Batman in Man of Steel sequel. That's one of the things that already makes Warner Bros. different from Marvel. Is that have other big name superheroes appear in solo films. Hell, if they ever make The Flash solo film, have Green Lantern in it as well. Who cares? Everyone knows The Flash and Green Lantern are friends anyway.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:22 pm

But didn't the comics with Superman/Batman come after the Justice League formed? The plan WB is using is much more in line with the cartoons, rather than how the DC comics universe came to be. Everyone doesn't know they're friends, but if that happens the it'd need to be a Flash origin with an already established Green Lantern. Making Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern semi-canon if they opted to recast.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:42 pm

No. As far as I know, Batman and Superman met in the 1940s. The Justice League didn't form until the 1960s. So both the DCAU and DCCU seem to be doing the same, by having Batman and Superman meet up before the Justice League. Also you don't need an origin story to establish that The Flash and Green Lantern are friends. Just continue to expand their relationship after the Justice League movie. Assuming that The Flash gets his own movie after Justice League that is.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Alright. Also I never said the movie would be a origin of their friendship, but many people don't know much beyond the generic Flash stuff. A lot don't even know who is beneath the mask.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
I think I'm liking the DCCU strategy better now, and here's why: It's not all about build ups like what Marvel is doing, but rather just having a continuity. Warner Bros. is like, okay from now on, all future DC films will have a continuity. Characters like Batman and Superman are already ironic enough to make the DCCU a guarantee success, so there is no need for each character to have a solo film unless it's necessary. Thus, giving directors more creative freedom, which Warner Bros. seems to believe in. Just look how much creative freedom they give Christopher Nolan, Zack Snyder, Ben Affleck, and Guillermo del Toro with their DC properties. Marvel doesn't really do that. Usually they rush things out with their scripts and already having a filming schedule. As a result, a lot of directors leave Marvel. Hell, you even got Joss Whedon admitting that The Avengers wasn't a good film, because of those same reasons.

So yeah, I think Warner Bros. is very smart for sticking to their guns and do something different.

God, I hate being right. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 12:50 pm

It's still a better strategy though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:

http://www.g7gaming.net/t10983-edgar-wright-quits-marvel-s-ant-man-movie
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 3:26 am

Mecha wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

http://www.g7gaming.net/t10983-edgar-wright-quits-marvel-s-ant-man-movie
And?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 3:49 am

Directors lack of any creative control just so that the studio can maintain a shared universe. Out of all people you should know how important it is for a director to bring his vision to life. I'm surprised how well you're taking the news about Edgar Wright leaving Marvel's Ant-Man.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 11:43 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:34 am

Neither of them are really any special, but Marvel has better movies, despite them being just decent.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:46 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Neither of them are really any special, but Marvel has better movies, despite them being just decent.
i would say the same, except for Cap 2, that movie made me so hard.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:14 am

Orion wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
i would say the same, except for Cap 2, that movie made me so hard.

Only seen the first 30 minutes of that movie, but it was some mediocre first 30 minutes, anyway. 

Each to his own, though.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:52 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Clearly, you've never seen X-Men: DOFP then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:53 pm

Archduke wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Clearly, you've never seen X-Men: DOFP then.

Clearly, you haven't read the title for this thread then.

DOFP is not part of Marvel's cinematic universe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy   DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC vs. Marvel: Cinematic Universe Strategy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next