Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe Empty
PostSubject: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 9:27 am

Could someone tell me what was the first film in each universe, my guess would be Ironman & Man of Steel but I honestly don't know. Also, what future films will be apart of said universe? I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:46 am

Yes. Iron Man is the first film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, while Man of Steel is the first film of the DC Extended Universe.

Also this poster should help you know which universe each comic book movie belongs in...

Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe Ca_sup11

Note: Marvel's Spider-Man re-reboot, which is coming in 2017, will still take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, despite being distributed by Sony. Also LEGO Batman and Sandman take place in their own universes, despite being made from Warner Bros.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:53 am

So will both Spider-man and Ant-man be in the 2017 Avengers film?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:59 am

The next Avengers movie isn't coming out until 2018. But yeah, I'm pretty sure Ant-Man and Spider-Man will be in it. Since the movie will be based on the Infinity War comic, which pretty much had EVERY Marvel character in it.

Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe Infini10

Don't expect Deadpool, The Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and X-Men to be in the next Avengers movie though. Since Fox still owns the movie rights to them.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Fuck Marvel. Suicide Squad all the way!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:07 pm

I don't know why some people are comparing Suicide Squad to Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of obscurity? Some of the Suicide Squad members are at least known to some extant. I mean, we've seen a lot of them fight off Batman and the Justice League before. Where as not even the majority of comic book readers knew who Guardians of the Galaxy, due to just being teamed-up in 2008.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Mecha wrote:
I don't know why some people are comparing Suicide Squad to Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of obscurity? Some of the Suicide Squad members are at least known to some extant. I mean, we've seen a lot of them fight off Batman and the Justice League before. Where as not even the majority of comic book readers knew who Guardians of the Galaxy, due to just being teamed-up in 2008.

They're completely different films. Suicide Squad looks more like an adult, serious and grim story that tries to go into several subject matters about our society, while GoTG tries to entertain and be funny in a simple "hero tale"

The comparisons start and end by "comic book movies".
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:14 pm

They're being compared because they're a "ragtag team of misfits". That's honestly the only reason.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Probably what I like about Suicide Squad is that the characters don't even trust their own team. Due to always betraying each other all the time. That's what one my family members says, who reads Suicide Squad comics by the way. So yeah, I love the concept of villains vs. villains. It can make things very chaotic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe   Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel & DC Cinematic Universe
Page 1 of 1