Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One

Go down 
3 posters

Best From Phase One
 Iron Man (2008)
 The Incredible Hulk (2008)
 Iron Man 2 (2010)
 Thor (2011)
 Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
 The Avengers (2012)
View results
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One Empty
PostSubject: Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One   Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 5:37 pm

So with Ant-Man capping off the MCU's phase 2 in a few months, which film do you guys think was the best from phase one?

I think Avengers is the best from phase one. It's just everything you'd want from a comic book movie. Sure the story is super simple, but it has a memorable villain, great set pieces, some pretty damn good dialogue and managed to balance most of its characters (poor Hawkeye got no love).
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One   Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Avengers (2012) was the only decent one from Phase 1.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One   Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 6:09 pm

The Avengers. But that's not really saying much though. Pretty much all of the movies in Phase One are mediocre.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One   Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 7:15 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Avengers (2012) was the only decent one from Phase 1.
I don't know, Iron Man (2008) was pretty damn good.

Mecha wrote:
The Avengers. But that's not really saying much though. Pretty much all of the movies in Phase One are mediocre.
I wouldn't say they're "mediocre", more like average, but that's mostly what Marvel Studios films are.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One   Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 7:40 pm

The first Iron Man wasn't all that great either. I think people loved how it was more of a comeback for Robert Downey Jr., rather than the story itself. Because the truth is, the script for Iron Man wasn't even finished during shooting. Robert Downey Jr. had to come up with a lot of the lines himself. Think about it, you take away Robert Downey Jr. and you'll see that everything else in that movie was just average. Average action scenes, average villains, etc. Not saying Iron Man was bad, just that it wasn't as great as a lot of people make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One   Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 11:26 pm

Mecha wrote:
The first Iron Man wasn't all that great either. I think people loved how it was more of a comeback for Robert Downey Jr., rather than the story itself. Because the truth is, the script for Iron Man wasn't even finished during shooting. Robert Downey Jr. had to come up with a lot of the lines himself. Think about it, you take away Robert Downey Jr. and you'll see that everything else in that movie was just average. Average action scenes, average villains, etc. Not saying Iron Man was bad, just that it wasn't as great as a lot of people make it out to be.
Yes, I know all that, but doesn't change that it was still a good movie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One   Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 9:08 am

Besides The Avengers, I think my favorite stand-alone film from Phase One is Captain America: The First Avenger. The film felt very rushed, but I still like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One   Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Film From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase One
Page 1 of 1