Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick Empty
PostSubject: Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick   Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick Ozy110

Quote :
Back when Matthew Goode was cast as Ozymandias in Zack Snyder's polarizing adaptation of Alan Moore's Watchmen, the fans weren't best pleased. Most of the other casting choices were met with approval, but Goode just seemed to rub them the wrong way. When the actor was asked about this back in the day, he responded: "If fanboys still hate the film after going and seeing it, they can all line up and suck my d***." A bit crude sure, but I must say I can understand his frustration with an entire group of people judging a performance they hadn't even seen yet. The very idea! Anyway, while interviewing Goode about his new movie Stoker, The Huffington Post asked him all about it.

"I wasn't convinced that I was the right choice to play him. And there were a couple of remarks I made in a very off-hand, facetious, jokey way, 'What if the fanboys don't like you?' 'Well, they can all line up and ...,' you know. I think we know that quote. I love literature and when I see things made into films, I worry about the casting, too. I think the fact that I was the only one out of all of the characters that Zack Snyder thought outside-the-box for: he cast it younger and different. Everyone else was pretty much bang-on -- and age bang-on as well. I was too skinny, I was 20 years ... whatever. So, that led me to kind of over-think it in some ways and give myself more of a backstory. I don't know. I think the film will age well."

I was a bit wary of Goode in the role myself, but he ended up giving a pretty good performance..some of Snyder's odd accent decisions aside! For the full interview click on the link below.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick   Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm

I quite liked him in the film. Not sure if he's accurate to the graphic novel, so I can't speak on that, but on his own terms he was a cool villain.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick   Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 pm

The only thing I can think of that wasn't accurate, was they remove the giant octopus from the comics.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick   Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
The only thing I can think of that wasn't accurate, was they remove the giant octopus from the comics. They are other changes, but they are too minor to bring up.
Well from what I understand, they also removed a giant section involving a black freighter (though I think that's on the Blu-Ray). I guess it was too long to make into a film? I mean isn't the film already somewhere between 150 and 180 minutes? Do you think they maybe should've made it into two flicks?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick   Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Making it into two films is very risky. Watchmen underperformed at the box-office, so there wouldn't be a part two either way.

I think Watchmen is pretty accurate to the comics, page by page. But I think what fans complain most was that the message of the story wasn't well translated into film.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick E0Pbf6f
Stature : 14
The Dreadf
Playing : Pin the dick on the Reek

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick   Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 3:06 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
I quite liked him in the film. Not sure if he's accurate to the graphic novel, so I can't speak on that, but on his own terms he was a cool villain.

I think he was pretty accurate, some things were better somethings were worse.

But if you think Ozzymandias was the Villain then you must see it again.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick   Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:15 am

I never said him as the villain to be honest. Despite what his plans were.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick   Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watchmen actor tells fans to suck his dick
Page 1 of 1