Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! Empty
PostSubject: Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!   Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 4:24 pm

Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! Ntmnpp10

Quote :
Back before he resurrected Superman and was subsequently appointed as the mastermind behind the DC Extended Universe, director Zack Snyder helmed a very unique kind of superhero movie: Watchmen

The 2009 film, which was an adaptation of Alan Moore's critically acclaimed limited comic book series of the same name, managed to win over most critics, but unfortunately didn't turn out to be the box office smash hit Warner Bros. was hoping for, only grossing a little over $185 million on a budget of $130 million, a considerable step-down from Snyder's previous film, 300. However, with the release of a Director's Cut & an Ultimate Cut, the film has developed and maintained a strong fan following over the years and it's starting to sound like those long-time fans may soon be rewarded as some of their favorite Watchmen heroes & villains may be returning much sooner than later. 

In an unexpected turn of events, Collider has learned that the Batman v. Superman & future Justice League director has been taking meetings with HBO recently to discuss the possibility of developing a TV series based on his first superhero film, 2009's Watchmen. It's still very early in the process, so there aren't any concrete details available yet on whether the series will be a retelling of the original story, a prequel, and/or a sequel.

Considering that this show will be another major project for Snyder to add to his already jam-packed schedule, which currently has DC & WB's two-part magnum opus Justice League already slated to shoot early next year, it's unlikely we see any movement on this Watchmen series until 2017 or 2018, at the earliest. To further speculate, this potential Watchmen series could eventually serve as the successor to HBO's Game Of Thrones, which is expected to run at least seven or eight seasons, with a movie potentially bringing the hit fantasy series to a close.

What do you guys think? Excited? Sound off with your thoughts below!

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!   Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 5:20 pm

This sounds like the worst idea i've heard all year
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!   Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 5:40 pm

I think this could be pretty good, actually. 

I love the film, so I'm up for a TV-Show.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!   Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 10:14 pm

If the movie couldnt sell tickets, what makes them think a tv show will get views?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!   Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 10:54 pm

@igame Well it worked for Buffy.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!   Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 10:57 pm

@Mecha I wouldnt know, havent seen anything related to Buffy in any media.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!   Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 5:01 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I think this could be pretty good, actually. 

I love the film, so I'm up for a TV-Show.
yeah i loved the film as well XD it was as epic as Grown Ups 2 simbly suparb!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!   Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 10:05 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!   Watchmen TV series coming to HBO! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watchmen TV series coming to HBO!
Page 1 of 1