Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

X-Men films suck!

Go down 
+5
Chobo
yonny616
Orc
Orion
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

X-Men films suck! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:06 pm

X-Men films suck! 52396010

I wish they would just reboot X-Men already. The continuity is all fucked up and the films weren't THAT great to begin with. All the focus is on Wolverine instead of the actual X-Men members themselves. Plus it is almost impossible to adapt new villains and new stories without rebooting it. Yeah, I know that there is going to be a alternative timeline, but these actors are already too old to play these characters anyway. It's like Tobey Maguire playing Spider-Man in his 40's.

Anyway, I can go on ranting, but it would take all day.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

X-Men films suck! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Some portrayals of characters like Juggernaut and Cyclops were atrocious, but I do think they we're great movies, especially First Class. However you're right, the continuity and timeline is beyond fucked, also yeah perfectly agree there should have been less focus on wolverine, but he's probably Marvel's second biggest character. I do agree a reboot is necessary with proper Cyclops as the leader of the X-Men, tbh I'd rather have a new animated series, loved 90s xmen! Although all this talk of Sentinels are making me hard for Days of Future Last
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:45 pm

But look at The Avengers, Iron Man is the most popular out of the team, yet each character were still treated equally. Except for Hawkeye of course, lol.

Cyclops felt useless and I hated how they made Juggernaut into a mutant. Not to mention the fact that they forgot to bring up that Juggernaut is Xavier's step brother.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Yeah more of the X-Men did need focus on their characters, I would absolutely love Joss Whedon to do it considering he wrote Astonishing X-Men, IGN also ranked it #1 as best X-Men story of all time. Man Astonishing X-Men was so gooooooood! Also loved Joss Whedon writing Runaways! A part of me wishes he doesnt stay on SHIELD too long so he can get back to writing comics, OR DIRECTING XMEN HNNNNNGGG
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Joss Whedon will only co-write and direct the pilot for S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'm not sure if I want to see Joss Whedon direct an X-Men film to be honest. The Avengers felt too much like a TV show.

Fun Fact: Some of the lines in the first X-Men movie were written by Joss Whedon himself.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Man if you don't think Joss could do X-Men you really need to read his run on Astonishing X-Men
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 pm

I've got 1, 2 and First Class. I was told to avoid 3. I don't believe I have watched the second film yet. But I did enjoy the first, even if it was nothing special.

Wolverine I enjoyed at the time but looking back it was pretty mediocre.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

X-Men films suck! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 pm

I heard the only reason Cyclops died in X3 was because he went to do Superman Returns.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 pm

I did read Astonishing X-Men, and it takes a shit at all of the X-Men films. Though I still like X-Men: First Class better.

I dunno. I just don't think Joss Whedon's style can translate well into film. The Avengers felt too cartoony for me, but I'll give him a second chance with The Avengers 2.

@yonny616

Yeah, I would quit to if I was in a movie directed by Brett Ratner.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

X-Men films suck! 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:26 pm

I agree. After Days of Future Past, they really need to re-boot the series

I liked X-men, X2 and First Class, but hated Last Stand and Origins.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:33 pm

X-Men films suck! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf2F-J9_1AhH2udOkRf7jIpea3HN8UUgwjx_5LVmTqe6fhX3gI
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

X-Men films suck! Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:36 am

No spamming, mikenuge.

Warning 1 of 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

X-Men films suck! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:59 am

Lawl @ first realizing that now. The X-men movies have always sucked, regardless of their inconsistent timelines.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

X-Men films suck! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 pm

I agree, they should be rebooted, but only for continuity's sake. The only X-Men flick I thought was really bad was X-Men Origins: Wolverine. No, I didn't think X-Men: The Last Stand was THAT awful. Gotta say though, that last X-Men, X-Men: First Class, was awesome. Just a really cool summer blockbuster.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:28 pm

The whole X-Men film franchise is just very mediocre and dated by todays standards. None of the films truly represent what X-Men is really suppose to be. The first two films focused way too much of Wolverine, by the third film the characters go completely out of character, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine was just a big rape. X-Men: First Class was great, but I still want a REAL X-Men film.

Here's an example of what I mean, the whole holocaust thing is becoming irrelevant. Magneto is not suppose to be that old. What's worse is that the nazis killing Magneto's parents isn't the real reason why he hates humans. Magneto has a very good reason to hate humans, but they never reveal why in the films. Most people think it's because of the nazis, but it's not. So how do you fix all this? Reboot it.

Not rebooting X-Men also effects The Avengers the same way, since the two franchises have a big connection. Comic book fans should know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:23 am

Well I can't speak for the films in relation to their source material. I'm not completely hinged on their accuracy to the comic books. I just know that I found the first two very fun movies, the third was a decent bit of fun with some hilariously corny dialogue, Origins was just bad, and First Class was the best superhero flick of the 2010s.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 am

Comics > Films

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 am

I've seen Adam Sandler movies that were funnier than that clip.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

X-Men films suck! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 am

Mecha wrote:
Comics > Films

I seem to have missed the funny part.... :derp:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:08 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I seem to have missed the funny part.... X-Men films suck! 2517687499
no u mised it tho cuz retraded iz a funny wurd lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

X-Men films suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men films suck!   X-Men films suck! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-Men films suck!
Page 1 of 1