Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3

Go down 
+2
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Quote :
Most people are expecting Gran Turismo 6 to be released on the PS4, but that may not be true.

Michael Denny, senior vice-president of Sony WWS, has let it slip that GT6 will be for the PlayStation 3. He revealed that the system will get more games and they haven’t stopped focusing on past consoles.

“Look at the games coming out on the PlayStation 3 like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6, and then on the third-party side of things another fantastic Assassin’s Creed, GTA,” he revealed in an interview with Silicon Republic.

“It’s important for our content to have that kind of longevity because, as I was saying [about the PS Vita], the games that come through are going to get better and better over time.”

Now maybe it could be a cross generation title, released on both the PS3 and PS4, but for now it looks like it is definitely coming to the PS3. The system’s install base combined with the series’ potential to rack up massive sales, ensures this.

This should be a pretty disappointing thing for people who want to see technological progression, since we have already how Polyphony have struggled on the PS3 when it comes to executing their vision. If this title turns out to be cross gen, that would please both groups.

It could also be a slip up from Michael Denny, but considering he was talking about unreleased games like TLuS and Beyond: Two Souls, it seems otherwise.

Drive Club is the racing game that was announced for the PS4, and it looks pretty damn good too.

http://www.gamechup.com/gran-turismo-6-will-be-released-on-the-ps3-report/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:34 pm

I call it bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:04 pm

This means it will be out in Generation 9
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Gran Truismo is dead. Drive Club is taking it's place by the looks of things.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Well as long as it's not Forza. Razz
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Chobo wrote:
Gran Truismo is dead. Drive Club is taking it's place by the looks of things.

Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:01 am

well it could get a dual ps3 ps4 release
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm

I knew it was bullshit.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/25/ps4-all-sony-studios-working-on-next-gen-games/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 pm

It was obviously bull.

Such a massive flagship title would help PS4 sales a lot so at best it would be cross gen, but it couldn't be released so early right now because it would be in competition with Drive Club so the GT franchise would kill their new IP.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
It was obviously bull.

Such a massive flagship title would help PS4 sales a lot so at best it would be cross gen, but it couldn't be released so early right now because it would be in competition with Drive Club so the GT franchise would kill their new IP.

But what i want to know is why would Sony Greenlight a new IP that's extremely similar to Gran Turismo. In fact, I thought Drive Club was GT6 at first.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 am

^^

360 launched with PGR, yet Forza is that systems flagship racing game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3   Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 6 to Release on PS3
Page 1 of 1