Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman

Go down 
+15
NoelX2
Mikenuge
CleverCatchPhrase
Archduke
Franko
RamboOnRedBull
Jack the Spectre
2Sugoi2Die
Mr Canai Spy
yonny616
The Enkindler
Bluenose
Orc
Mecha
Based Sonji
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Pick one
Goku
DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_vote_lcap71%DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Superman
DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_vote_lcap29%DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Ki.isn't magic
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Magic has no limit to my understanding, Ki does since you're using your energy. There are magic instances in DBZ like the fusion dance, the potoras, the Kai's, the dragon balls, babidi, and I think Buu uses magic too.

Also this is a thread of Goku vs Superman. So it does matter since in DBZ Ki is never referred to magic. It's always referred to as flow of energy, hell I think Goku explains Ki in a episode of DBZ (or movie).
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:35 pm

I also remember them saying magic used up ki in relation to the green pickle wizard with majin buu
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:39 pm

"Ki is a spiritual and supernatural force, but it's totally not magic."

Definition of "magic": the art of producing a desired effect or result through the use of incantation or various other techniques that presumably assure human control of supernatural agencies or the forces of nature.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm

@yonny616

I'm going by YOUR stupid logic. You're basically saying Dragon Ball GT is canon because of Akira Toriyama's involvement. If GT is canon then so is DBO and the upcoming film as well. Problem is, they contradict each other.

Jesus Christ, you are fucking retarded. Blaming Akira Toriyama for having an inconsistent universe, when he has absolutely NOTHING to do with the story of Dragon Ball GT what's so ever.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 am

@Jack In DBZ they never call it magic, NO ONE calls it magic, they always call it the flow of your inner energy. Also magic uses outside forces, never seen/heard magic users use inner energy for their magic. Then again Superman has face Captain Marvel (Shazam as he is called now) and Black Adam, who are extremely powerful magic users, yet he's been able to still kick their asses.

@Mecha DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 1443829230 Did I ever say the new film wasn't canon? Also DB manga fans call GT and films what-if stories, so DBO is a RPG filled with different what-if stories making it non-canon since every player is playing it differently. So your logic is pretty stupid too.

He OVERSAW those project(s), he could have a say in the matter. Instead he did next to nothing and the end result was what we saw. If someone is to blame for the inconsistent universe, it's the creator who OVERSAW the project(s).
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:50 am

yonny616 wrote:
@Jack In DBZ they never call it magic, NO ONE calls it magic, they always call it the flow of your inner energy. Also magic uses outside forces, never seen/heard magic users use inner energy for their magic. Then again Superman has face Captain Marvel (Shazam as he is called now) and Black Adam, who are extremely powerful magic users, yet he's been able to still kick their asses.
Didn't he end up teaming up with Captain Marvel to fight Black Atom?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:03 am

He's actually face Black Adam one on one too. Also, they always do that in crossovers. -___- Pisses me off sometimes, since there always has to be a bigger threat where the heroes team up. Douche bag writers. DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 21888
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 am

52 (Not New 52) is the greatest thing DC has ever done along with Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinte Crisis and Sinestro Corps War
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:05 am

@yonny616

Again, I'm going by YOUR logic. It's either both GT and DBO are canon or none of them are. Take your pick.

Seriously, you're making this WAY too complicated then it already seems. Even without DBO, its already been confirmed that Battle of Gods completely ignores GT.

Quit acting so stupid. GT is non-canon, accept it!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:14 am

As far as im concerned everything after the cell games is not canon and doesnt exist
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:14 am

yonny616 wrote:
He's actually face Black Adam one on one too. Also, they always do that in crossovers. -___- Pisses me off sometimes, since there always has to be a bigger threat where the heroes team up. Douche bag writers. DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 21888
Yeah I guess I understand that. What's the purpose of a team-up if each of the individual heroes could take on the villain by themselves?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 am

@Mecha How about we agree to disagree. GT isn't canon to you since to you Toriyama had no involvement, while to me it is canon somewhat since Toriyama did some work on it and oversaw the project.

Also I have a question for you, Mecha: If this is frieza's 2nd form
Spoiler:
And This is Frieza's dad
Spoiler:
Does that mean Frieza's dad (King Cold) is in his second form? :Philosoraptor:

@Tahmidk Buu is canon though.

@Jack I guess it's to sell more. Sometimes they justify the team up though.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 am

Yeah well Buu is shit, and so is GT and the new movie
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:20 am

I hated the Buu saga since Gohan was suppose to become the greatest but instead they cop out and go back to Goku.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:22 am

Yeah as far as im concerned it ended at Cell Games
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:45 am

@yonny616

English isn't your first language is it? What part of Battle of Gods ignores GT don't you understand? You say you take their word, yet refuse to believe that GT is completely ignored by Akira Toriyama himself. You are a fucking hypocrite.

They both can NOT be canon, so you pick the one where he had way more involvement.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:49 am

Holy shit, calm the fuck down mecha
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Sorry, but yonny's stupid logic gave me brain cancer.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Lol I apologize if I insulted that dunce that can't build a cohesive universe called Akira Toriyama, which obviously you revere as God. eye roll Also how do you know it ignores GT? The film isn't even out yet, not even in Japan.

I wonder what will happen when Akira Toriyama dies? Will everything be non-canon or will... never mind it'll be non-canon since he had no ivolvement in it. You call my logic stupid? Take a look at your logic. To me as long as it doesn't contradict the manga it's canon, and GT had very few contradictions.

Last edited by yonny616 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:37 pm

My mate skinny Pete leaked it, it's shhit
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:00 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Lol I apologize if I insulted that dunce that can't build a cohesive universe called Akira Toriyama

This is rich coming from the guy defending Superman.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 pm

You know what, fine. Dragon Ball GT is canon. Doesn't matter if it contradicts DBO and Battle of Gods because of Akira Toriyama drew some of the designs for GT, so it's okay. Even though Toei created GT and Akira Toriyama has nothing to do with the story what so ever, it's still he's fault. Shame on Akira Toriyama for ruining the story by making a few character and logo designs.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:13 am

@Sonji Lol Did I ever say Superman has or doesn't have a cohesive universe? Also Dragon Ball series had only one writer, while Superman has had a lot more writers than one.

@Mecha Way to twist my words. I know he had nothing to do with the story, doesn't change the FACT he oversaw the series. He could have said something, but instead he sat on his Asian ass and let the story writers do what ever they pleased.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 am

Because Akira Toriyama no longer has any control over the franchise, Toei does. It's like blaming Stan Lee for Spider-Man 3 instead of Sony or Marvel, that's how stupid you sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next