Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman

Go down 
+15
NoelX2
Mikenuge
CleverCatchPhrase
Archduke
Franko
RamboOnRedBull
Jack the Spectre
2Sugoi2Die
Mr Canai Spy
yonny616
The Enkindler
Bluenose
Orc
Mecha
Based Sonji
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Pick one
Goku
DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_vote_lcap71%DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Superman
DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_vote_lcap29%DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Unless you can understand Japanese, there was nothing there to suggest he becomes a god there.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:31 pm

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 E080cb10

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/02/20/super-saiyan-god-form-teased-for-battle-of-gods/
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh, well why didn't you post that before? lol but it's still possible that that's only a name and that he doesn't become a god. Though I'd love to see the movie. And again, since ki is so obviously magic, Goku wouldn't even need to go SS1 to beat Superman, much less a fifth SS level.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Depends on your definition of "god". All we know is, Son Goku will have a new transformation in the film.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Lol Is he getting a new hairstyle? Also will he have eye-liner like SSJ4 or no eyebrows like SSJ3? Also, Akira Toriyama was mad that Goku lost to Superman so he made a Super Sayain God form DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 725796345

Also Ki/Chi/Qi is not magic, Jack. -__-

Until the film comes out we won't know what they mean by "god" or how much strain this will do to his body like SSJ3 or how crazy he gets from power like SSJ4. And also if he still has limits or not, since we all know Superman has no limits.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Did you even see the new trailer? Anyway SS4 is non-canon, so Super Saiyan God form can be a lot more powerful for all we know.

Also Superman having no limits doesn't mean shit. He can lose just like any other superhero.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Yeah, I seen it and it looks awesome. SSj4 may not be canon to manga fans, but it was still overseen by Toriyama himself and he even accepts the SSj4 form.

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 1443829230 Saying having no limits means shit is pretty stupid. Also yeah, it's called giving the hero a struggle, something hugely important to a heroes tale. and I realize there are stronger characters than Superman.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:21 pm

We already told you MILLIONS of times that Akira Toriyama has absolutely nothing to do with with SS4. Akira Toriyama himself ignores GT ever happen with Dragon Ball Online and the new film coming out. If you can't accept that then you are in complete denial.

lolwut? I meant the character isn't as invincible as you make him out to be.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Don't tell me, tell GT's post-credits. He designed the main cast, drew rough designs of the logo, and drew some other stuff as well. He has positive feelings about the form, also it's the only of the three anime series to have few inconsistencies.

I never said he was invincible, just that he practically has no limits. What fun would it be to read a story where a hero doesn't struggle to beat his enemy and can do no wrong?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Oh so just because he only did a few designs, that makes GT canon? DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 1443829230

Also no. Dragon Ball GT is the most inconsistent out of them all.

Claims to have no limits, yet wants the hero to struggle? :jackie:
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Superman has no limits and struggles get the fuck over it.
E.g. Kryptonite, humans and humanity, corruption, idealism
Superman has physical struggles but the majority is a philosophical struggle.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Man, you guys are STILL arguing about this? Ugh. Is it really that big a deal?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:20 pm

@Mecha
Quote :
GT was not originally produced as manga like its predecessors, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and contains minor, rarely seen elements which are inconsistent with Dragon Ball Z. However, GT has the fewest inconsistencies of all three anime series, making it difficult to cite the few that exist as a reason for the series to be set aside as non-canon.
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_GT

I think I'll take their word over yours. He didn't just do designs, he oversaw the series. He did do little for it. Imagine if comic fans were like manga fans! "Dat supermaz iznt canonz cuz it waznt made by Shuster/Seigal." But:
DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 213749_700b

@Tahmidk Thank you.

@Chobo It seems it's pretty huge for Mecha since he revived the thread and a made a thread towards me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Also Ki/Chi/Qi is not magic, Jack. -__-
As Bill Shakespeare said, "A rose by any other name would still be a fucking rose." Or something like that. Call it magic, call it ki, call it whatever. It's a spiritual force, thus making it supernatural. Unless Superman is only vulnerable to the WORD "magic" or something. Ki may not be the same type of supernatural force as something Babidi used in the series, but that doesn't mean it's not magic.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 pm

@yonny616

But here's the problem with your retarded logic, Akira Toriyama was way more involved with Dragon Ball Online and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, yet both contradict Dragon Ball GT. You're saying you take their word, yet you don't want acknowledge that Akira Toriyama is indeed in FACT way more involved with Dragon Ball Online and the uncoming film, and ignoring GT.

We told you this several times, yet you continue to act stupid.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 am

@Mecha No, I've always said he did little for DBGT, but even then he oversaw the series. Also I never denied he was more involved with DBO or DBZ: Battle of Gods. You're just making shit up, to try and make me look stupid. DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 725796345

@Jack But in the DBZ universe Ki is never established as magic. Also Ki (a DBZ concept of Qi/Chi) is energy from the body. Being balance like Yin/Yang.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 am

Are you stupid? What part am I even making up? Dragon Ball GT is non-canon, simple as that. Yet you keep bringing up how involved Akira Toriyama was with the show. Even though he was WAY more involved with Dragon Ball Online and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. They all can't be canon because they contradict each other. So it would make much more sense to choose which project Akira Toriyama was more involved in, correct?

Don't even say you never said Dragon Ball Online and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods was non-canon either. Seriously, your lack of common sense is giving me cancer.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:34 am

Just lock this stupid topic
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 am

yonny616 wrote:
@Jack But in the DBZ universe Ki is never established as magic. Also Ki (a DBZ concept of Qi/Chi) is energy from the body. Being balance like Yin/Yang.
Like I said, it doesn't matter what they call it. It's a supernatural energy derived from the fighter's spirit. It's not of the normal physical plane. Qi/Chi and Yin/Yang are also magic. Refer back to the Shakespeare quote I butchered (improved).
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Ki aint magic bruh
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 pm

But tell me WHY it's not magic. What about it ISN'T spiritual or supernatural?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Apparently colorful massive amounts of energy coming out of your finger tips is not magic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:08 pm

ki is the life force and energy within someone, it's just natural energy, not magc=ic
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:57 pm

@Mecha When I said your "making shit up" is because your twisting my words like a dumbass. I've always said he had little involvement in DBGT when it came to drawing and writing, but he is still credited as author and he DID oversee the series. Also I NEVER dismissed the fact that he has had way more involvement with DBO and DBZ: Battle of Gods. Well then that's how fucked up DBZ's universe is, don't blame me for their inconsistencies, blame Toriyama since he can't make a cohesive universe, since he oversees every DB project in some capacity.

Well isn't DBO a rpg, doesn't it have choices leading into a bunch of what if stories since every player will be different? Aren't the "what if" stories, the ones that are considered non-canon. Also I never said DBZ: Battle of Gods was non-canon. If I did, prove it to me.

@Jack What tahmidk said. Also it's been differentiated in the DBUniverse (Ki vs Magic).
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:07 pm

tahmidk wrote:
ki is the life force and energy within someone, it's just natural energy, not magc=ic
Life force? That's not natural. It's more than natural. Perhaps even . . . supernatural.

And I don't care if DBZ distinguishes it. Just 'cuz ki is not the same magic as what they call "magic" doesn't mean it's not magic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman   DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DEATH BATTLE - Goku V.S Superman
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next