Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modern Gamers and their idiocy

Go down 
+12
ArchAngel
igame
Based Sonji
2Sugoi2Die
Jack the Spectre
NoelX2
Bluenose
Archduke
Hydell
yonny616
Mecha
Orc
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Modern Gamers and their idiocy Empty
PostSubject: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Looking back at my roots, it's been over 15 years since I began to get into video games. By now I know my shit about games. I've experienced thousands of games across over a dozen platforms.

But of course, a new day, a new shithead entering this world. Hell we got new shitheads entering this world every minute. Shitheads that will begin to get into gaming. And that's cool, because gaming is a great way to pass the time and a brilliant form of escapism. But these "new" gamers... I don't get along very well with. And this is why.

Never look back
Alright, if you are getting into gaming you are more likely to start off with the most modern console you can get your hands on. But does that mean you should ignore every system previous to it?
Absolutely not. Yet all too often you'll encounter a douchebag that acts like he's a massive gamer but doesn't play, perhaps doesn't even know about most older, classic games.

Ignorance (warning: full of sarcasm)

Oh yeah you're right, Red Dead Redemption is sooo innovative.
Modern Gamers and their idiocy _-Gun-GameCube-_

And yeah I wonder too why they only ever made one red dead game....
Modern Gamers and their idiocy _-Red-Dead-Revolver-PS2-_

Gears of War is soo difficult
Modern Gamers and their idiocy Water-Temple

Uncharted is so unique
Modern Gamers and their idiocy 14692-111737-6108TombRaider1jpg-468x Modern Gamers and their idiocy Indiana-jones-emperors-tomb-3-550x

Nothing can ever beat Halo Reach's multiplayer
Modern Gamers and their idiocy Turockin89_640wModern Gamers and their idiocy Duke-1

Graphics & Gore

Yep graphics seem to mean everything nowadays. If a new game comes out no matter what a steaming pile of shit it is, if it has amazing graphics, that alone makes it the best game in its genre.
There's no point in playing older games because there are apparently ALWAYS newer, updated equivalents that are better.
Modern Gamers and their idiocy Grim_Fandango_artworkModern Gamers and their idiocy Little_big_adventure_2_twinsens_odessey_frontcover_large_ezau2t9woddEdi7Modern Gamers and their idiocy 256px-Homm3boxartModern Gamers and their idiocy 256px-Shadow-of-the-Templars-01Modern Gamers and their idiocy 250px-Yisland_box

But that's not where the idiocy ends. If a game isn't very bloody and violent, chances are it is shit... at least that's the logic to these fucktards. You see, if the game doesn't have blood, that automatically makes it a casual game, because you know... if it hasnt got blood then the kiddies play it. And woe betide any "hardcore" gamer that plays a "casual" game.

So take a game like Bully, despite its intricate world, deep and varied gameplay, unique setting, incredible soundtrack and voice acting. solid and entertaining narrative and phenomenally addictive nature, it has no guns nor gore so therefore its casual and therefore its a game played by faggots and should be burned.
Modern Gamers and their idiocy Bully_1

Movie tie ins are always shit

Well to be fair it's sad that these noobs live in a pretty shitty era. Probably one of the last decent movie-tie in games was the awesomesauce King Kong
Modern Gamers and their idiocy Kingkong-officalgame4
I mean it has always been a trend, perhaps more a correlation, for games of the movie to sometimes be a little bit crappy because they've been rushed to be released at the same time as the film. Which isn't always easy. Furthermore some people know its an easy way to get cash so they just rush some incomplete mess out the door to get some money out of die hard fans.
But let me tell you, movie tie ins haven't always been bad
Modern Gamers and their idiocy Essentialbeatemups1_2Modern Gamers and their idiocy Harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets-269517-1249524448Modern Gamers and their idiocy Twoster2Modern Gamers and their idiocy RobocopModern Gamers and their idiocy Spiderman_040502_4_640w
Modern Gamers and their idiocy 543282_411018128928401_194224653941084_1424390_940499165_n
Modern Gamers and their idiocy Goldeneye

Last edited by Lykos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Modern Gamers and their idiocy R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:31 pm

It's funny how people forgot about the first Red Dead game on PS2.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Modern Gamers and their idiocy PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:33 pm

That King Kong movie game was awesome, hard too. I didn't like Spider-Man that much, preferred Spider-Man 2. These new gamer's entered during the wrong gen.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:17 pm

I just had a guy comment on one of my videos trying to say that Medal of Honour Frontline is shit compared to Call of Duty.

He has zero support from anyone in the comments.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 5:59 pm

I'm with lykos. I hate graphic whores.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Old Gamers elitists are just as annoying.... I'm sure the people before them said the same thing.

I say we are all equal in gaming. :lulzsec:

except callz of dutay fagzzzz
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm

For "Ignorance", I feel that Numbers #3, #4, and #5 are opinions. Just saying.

Also, I agree with Teck. We're all equal... except COD fanboys.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:42 pm

huurrr durrrr i'm superior becuz i played games longer i'm such a hipster

That was the only thing i got out of this...
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

I've been thinking the same too.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:54 am

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
I just had a guy comment on one of my videos trying to say that Medal of Honour Frontline is shit compared to Call of Duty.

!!!! I owned Medal of Honor Frontline. It had an incredible multiplayer (so damn funny when you play as nana) and it was a brilliant game overall. Difficult as fuck though. That D Day (first) mission was harsh.

NoelX2 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

That's just because you're both ignorant.
That is exactly what I am not doing. I am saying these people downright ignore any previous games that are actually decent. I am also debunking their statements and giving examples of their narrow mindedness. Lets be honest, if you've been playing games since 1990 or whatever, you're more likely to have a wider gaming knowledge and experience than someone who's been playing since like 2000 (not looking at anyone). The sad thing is, a lot of these guys aren't even kids, they're adults but they must have entered the gaming scene pretty recently if their favourite games are uncharted or gears of war and they call generic games unique, etc XD

Also, Hipster? LOL I am annoyed that these older games are not as popular today (or overall). Surely a hipster enjoys liking things that are underground and likes them to stay that way???
You're truly drawing conclusions out of nothing and you are both perfect examples of the peple I'm talking about in this very thread I love you
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Modern Gamers and their idiocy XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:31 am

The funny thing is that Bully most definitely is a game played by faggots and should be burned. Also Red Dead Redemption > GUN by a million.

So you fail.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:39 am

^
You proved my point with your comment towards Bully. Any worthy gamer would at least recognise it to be a unique and quality hardcore game.
Please state where in this thread I said GUN was better than Red Dead Redemption. I dare you.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 pm

So just because I think of something, that means that I'm ignorant...

What are you talking about?

And how are we examples of people in the thread?

Do you even know what you're talking about?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 pm

He does not.

And yes, Bully is a unique game. Doesn't make it good. Nothing makes it good. Because it's not good. This thread is basically just calling anyone who disagrees with you idiots. I'm offended.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Modern Gamers and their idiocy StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:52 am

I'm gonna try to avoid having a wall of words lol.

It is hard for people that recently started gaming at the so called hardcore level this generation to go back and play some of the top hits, classics and gems of previous generation consoles. I think I mention this before in another thread a couple of months back about how some gamers need to put themselves in a certain mindset to play older generation games and hey even newer ones. What makes you different from those who you call "shitheads" that you played those old games when they were new and have experienced different innovativions across generations. In a way, we started out just like those "shitheads" that only play the latest games like Call of Duty. We all had that one game or genre that really got us into gaming and play it over and over until we got bored either stop gaming or start exploring different game genres and this is going to happen to those "shitheads" eventually. Funny thing is that this shit is going to happen next generation when newers gamers will come in they will be look down upon even by gamers that started this gen.

How many games tried to be like Mario? How many JRPGs were there last generation? Do people that started gaming before you look down at you just like what you are doing to those who came after you? Just because one game did it first but was it better?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:40 am

Padders wrote:
I'm gonna try to avoid having a wall of words lol.

It is hard for people that recently started gaming at the so called hardcore level this generation to go back and play some of the top hits, classics and gems of previous generation consoles. I think I mention this before in another thread a couple of months back about how some gamers need to put themselves in a certain mindset to play older generation games and hey even newer ones. What makes you different from those who you call "shitheads" that you played those old games when they were new and have experienced different innovativions across generations. In a way, we started out just like those "shitheads" that only play the latest games like Call of Duty. We all had that one game or genre that really got us into gaming and play it over and over until we got bored either stop gaming or start exploring different game genres and this is going to happen to those "shitheads" eventually. Funny thing is that this shit is going to happen next generation when newers gamers will come in they will be look down upon even by gamers that started this gen.

How many games tried to be like Mario? How many JRPGs were there last generation? Do people that started gaming before you look down at you just like what you are doing to those who came after you? Just because one game did it first but was it better?

It isn't hard at all.
I entered console gaming VERY late. I had a gameboy advance when everyone was playing their ps2's and stuff. I think I only got my first proper console, which was a gamecube only about a year or two before the xbox 360 came out. I then got a PSP and had never owned a PS2, so I bought one (xbox 360 was already out by now) and an N64 and a PSX. They were incredibly cheap so why not? I could have used that money and bought a 360 or something with it but no, I recognised that I had missed out on a lot of games so I purposefully made an effort to play those games. I even emulated every single snes game ever made on my psp. I didn't play all of the but I played a few hundred. Same with gameboy color and gameboy advance games and sega megadrive games I believe. Then I eventually got a 360 a good 3 years or so into its life!
I made myself enter the generation late solely to play the games I missed out on. See, I consider myself to be a well-rounded gamer. I could have just gone with the flow, got an xbox and then an xbox 360 or a ps3 or something. But no I visited the past and played games that I didn't get a chance to play before.
And you're sying I can't go back to these games? Mate, I am playing Balloon Kid on my 3DS at the moment. I still frequently play Heroes of Might & Magic 3 (1999) and if the 3DS gets emulation capabilities, I'm going to do the same as what I did with PSP and download the entire game libraries for GBA, SNES and whatnot.

This thread was literally to criticize narrow-mindedness in gamers in general.
For example if I recommended a new game to any of you here, chances are you'd keep it in mind and sometime down the line you'd buy it.
If I recommended an old game to you... you wouldn't bother to even look at it would you?

For example I've mentioned Grim Fandango a hundred times on this forum. It is renown as one of the greatest pc games ever made. It has an average of 94 on metacritic, it only ever got one rating less than 90 and that was 87.
IGN put it on their top 25 pc games of all time list above Call of Duty 1, World of Warcraft, Oblivion, Deus Ex Original, etc
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/772/772285p2.html
Gamespot saluted it as one of the top 10 romantic games of all time.
It's won numerous awards including Gamespot's game of the year 1998 and has been considered by them to be one of the greatest games "of all time".
http://uk.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/greatestgames/p-19.html

Yet I believe I am still the only person on this forum to have ever played it. (There might be one other member?)
The only people I know in real life that have played it are three guys. One's 28, the other's 29. The other one is one of my old mates who's my age. I lent him the game and he loved it to bits. As does everyone who plays it.

I think I've made my point. My apologies for the wall of text.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:55 am

^^

I played Grim Fandango and it got a "meh" out of me. Different folks, different strokes, I guess.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:02 am

^
You complete it?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Modern Gamers and their idiocy StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Lykos wrote:

It isn't hard at all.
I entered console gaming VERY late. I had a gameboy advance when everyone was playing their ps2's and stuff. I think I only got my first proper console, which was a gamecube only about a year or two before the xbox 360 came out. I then got a PSP and had never owned a PS2, so I bought one (xbox 360 was already out by now) and an N64 and a PSX. They were incredibly cheap so why not? I could have used that money and bought a 360 or something with it but no, I recognised that I had missed out on a lot of games so I purposefully made an effort to play those games. I even emulated every single snes game ever made on my psp. I didn't play all of the but I played a few hundred. Same with gameboy color and gameboy advance games and sega megadrive games I believe. Then I eventually got a 360 a good 3 years or so into its life!
I made myself enter the generation late solely to play the games I missed out on. See, I consider myself to be a well-rounded gamer. I could have just gone with the flow, got an xbox and then an xbox 360 or a ps3 or something. But no I visited the past and played games that I didn't get a chance to play before.
And you're sying I can't go back to these games? Mate, I am playing Balloon Kid on my 3DS at the moment. I still frequently play Heroes of Might & Magic 3 (1999) and if the 3DS gets emulation capabilities, I'm going to do the same as what I did with PSP and download the entire game libraries for GBA, SNES and whatnot.

This thread was literally to criticize narrow-mindedness in gamers in general.
For example if I recommended a new game to any of you here, chances are you'd keep it in mind and sometime down the line you'd buy it.
If I recommended an old game to you... you wouldn't bother to even look at it would you?

For example I've mentioned Grim Fandango a hundred times on this forum. It is renown as one of the greatest pc games ever made. It has an average of 94 on metacritic, it only ever got one rating less than 90 and that was 87.
IGN put it on their top 25 pc games of all time list above Call of Duty 1, World of Warcraft, Oblivion, Deus Ex Original, etc
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/772/772285p2.html
Gamespot saluted it as one of the top 10 romantic games of all time.
It's won numerous awards including Gamespot's game of the year 1998 and has been considered by them to be one of the greatest games "of all time".
http://uk.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/greatestgames/p-19.html

Yet I believe I am still the only person on this forum to have ever played it. (There might be one other member?)
The only people I know in real life that have played it are three guys. One's 28, the other's 29. The other one is one of my old mates who's my age. I lent him the game and he loved it to bits. As does everyone who plays it.

I think I've made my point. My apologies for the wall of text.
Nice story.

First off I didn't say you can't go back and play old games. I said that with some games you need to put yourself in a mindset to play certain games of older generations for some it is easy and others its not. Some gamers out there aren't interested in going back and play older generation games and just focus on the new and now.

Recommend me a game new or old. I'll look into it either way. For someone that started gaming this gen? Like what I said before that some people aren't that interested in old games unless you can get their interest in it.

Theres a lot of games which seem to fail regardless of its review score. Like Greg Jennings said "Different folks, different strokes" which kinda applies to everybody here. Grim Fandango isn't a game for everyone. People can tell me how awesome Mass Effect is and I think it is a pretty shit game lol. Same goes with Uncharted.

You're not the only gaming hipster here. I played a shit ton of games no one has ever heard of. I have imported games which only released in Japan and other parts of Asia.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:47 am

^
Okay yes, we've established that people don't want to go back and play older games.
But that the problem. You have a c'est la vie sort of attitude with it but I think it's a bad attitude for self-proclaimed hardcore gamers to have. Otherwise what makes them "hardcore", the fact that they can complete black ops on veteran difficulty? lol
Seriously you can't claim to be "hardcore" and only play new games.
My grim fandango thing was just an example. But to be fair you can't judge a game just from the look of it. If the games got insanely good ratings and recieved awards, surely that should motivate you to at least give the game a try
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 am

You assume that people who don't play older games only play Call of Duty …
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:16 am

^
No, please read what I say instead of making ridiculous assumptions.
I merely uesd that example to be ironic and cynical. But also because it is the most popular modern game franchise, therefore it's safe to assume most newer gamers are playing it.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Lykos wrote:
Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:

!!!! I owned Medal of Honor Frontline. It had an incredible multiplayer (so damn funny when you play as nana) and it was a brilliant game overall. Difficult as fuck though. That D Day (first) mission was harsh.

NoelX2 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

That's just because you're both ignorant.
That is exactly what I am not doing. I am saying these people downright ignore any previous games that are actually decent. I am also debunking their statements and giving examples of their narrow mindedness. Lets be honest, if you've been playing games since 1990 or whatever, you're more likely to have a wider gaming knowledge and experience than someone who's been playing since like 2000 (not looking at anyone). The sad thing is, a lot of these guys aren't even kids, they're adults but they must have entered the gaming scene pretty recently if their favourite games are uncharted or gears of war and they call generic games unique, etc XD

Also, Hipster? LOL I am annoyed that these older games are not as popular today (or overall). Surely a hipster enjoys liking things that are underground and likes them to stay that way???
You're truly drawing conclusions out of nothing and you are both perfect examples of the peple I'm talking about in this very thread I love you

Wut? Frontline was single player only...
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 pm

I think he is talking about split-screen multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Lykos is making me lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Gamers and their idiocy   Modern Gamers and their idiocy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Gamers and their idiocy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next