Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How modern is our warfare?

Go down 
+5
The Enkindler
TheJubJub5721
BioDemon
Zombie
JosefK
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

Stature : 3
London, England

How modern is our warfare? Empty
PostSubject: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Like the rest of the capitalist world I have now seen the MW3 debut trailer, and don't get my wrong, it looks good, but I've played it already. In fact, I played it almost 4 years ago.
In 2007 Call of Duty 4 released to critical and commercial acclaim. I loved the game and still think of it as the best shooter of this generation. But the series has become stagnant.
Some of you may remember may earlier post about Battlefield 3, in which I said some harsh words about the Call of Duty franchise, and on the record, I don't like Call of Duty anymore. The closest analogy I can think up of is that of COD being the Facebook of gaming; it broke onto the scene some time ago now, but as the years pass it becomes more mainstream, more bloated with morons and inanity and looking old and tired, as youngsters like twitter (Battlefield) snap at it's heels but never quite catch up.
In my Battlefield 3 post I belittled the COD fanbase, but who's the real thicko here? Because despite hating the whole charade of a game, I will probably buy it within a week of release. Because, like Facebook, if I cut myself out of the loop, I would be missing out on a crucial part of modern social connectivity.
So in summary, Call of Duty's less of a game now and more of an interactive social networking world war simulator for racist children and drunk Ashton Kutcher sound-a-likes. And the success it milks from plebs like me is inspiring other franchises; With another yearly installment on its way and a 3D movie in the pipeline Assassin's Creed looks to be a new industry cash cow, and it pains me to see a series to dear to my heart fall into a annual affair.
It's inevitable that Call of Duty will implode like Guitar Hero, and the sad thing is Activision could protect there much loved baby by letting it air a little; Release one every two years, keep the online free, cut the cost of map packs, hell, bring back WW2, but Activision cares so little for it's IP's it's a wonder developers are willing to work for them. But Activision can only squeeze me and other numbskulls for so long, I predict that'll be when they release the Call of Duty peripherals, upgrading them every year until every 12 year old in the land looks like a bloody boy soldier.
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

Stature : -2
America
Playing : Trolling, being annoying, laughing at people's misfortune, and sarcasm.

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Sure.....?
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Good job bro, very well written, expresses my thoughts almost exactly. Except I'm completely fed up with it now, and will not buy Mw3 despite my IRL friends playing it.
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm just not fooling myself any more. Every year I say this until it releases. COD is a force of nature, like bubonic plague, only more depressing.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:22 pm

JosefK wrote:
I'm just not fooling myself any more. Every year I say this until it releases. COD is a force of nature, like bubonic plague, only more depressing.
Yeah, except I play on the PC now, and none of my IRL friends play on the PC anyway. Hell, hardly any of my IRL friends play games period. How modern is our warfare? 725796345
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:27 pm

I do envy our PC overlords, they don't take the same shit console players do. Well, suppose I'm just too poor.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:33 pm

JosefK wrote:
I do envy our PC overlords, they don't take the same shit console players do. Well, suppose I'm just too poor.
I wasn't implying that the PC was better, lol, I was just stating I have 0 reason to buy Mw3.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:54 pm

BioRevenant wrote:
JosefK wrote:
I wasn't implying that the PC was better, lol, I was just stating I have 0 reason to buy Mw3.

I feel the same way. Now that I mainly only game on PC now, MW3 would be pointless to buy, because I only played with my IRL friends.
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:00 pm

If you didn't read it why bother commenting?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:04 pm

JosefK wrote:
If you didn't read it why bother commenting?

To spam.

If you didn't read it, don't comment. I'm deleting comments like that in threads like this.
Back to top Go down
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

London, England

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:16 pm

JosefK wrote:
Cheers mate.

Anyways, very nice post. I totally agree with you. Great analogy too, btw.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:36 am

I agree with everything you say, ActiVision only cares about cash.
It's really sad to see how all these fragheads defend COD to death on the reveal trailer.
I'm even starting to think that they have no brain at all, as some of them can't even tell the difference between a Developer and a Publisher.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

How modern is our warfare? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:59 am

Activision shits out CoD titles like the seafood was bad, and fans eat every bit of it simply because it's CoD. Activision is arguably the most powerful games publishing companies (Rivalled only by EA), and has been since the nineties. They know how to make a game sell, and creating a rabid fanbase is a very intelligent way of doing things.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

How modern is our warfare? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Padders wrote:
Activision is arguably the most powerful games publishing companies (Rivalled only by EA), and has been since the nineties.

How modern is our warfare? S_Pitfall_2

more like the 80s.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:19 pm

I said this exact same thing and some of the same people saying that they agreed with this article bashed me....
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:13 pm

I hope cod dies a horrible death soon. It is not deserving in its position as the number one FPS at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How modern is our warfare?   How modern is our warfare? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How modern is our warfare?
Page 1 of 1